Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More active careers please!

Please, please, pleeeease EA, can more of the careers be active/semi active. :( Especially if you're playing a single sim household, it's incredibly boring to have them disappear off for virtually the whole sim day and not be able to actually go to work with them.

Work is such a huge part of alot of people's lives, and not getting to go to work with your sim and meet their colleagues, control how they get on etc, is such a shame. I never choose rabbit hole careers for my single sims or sim heirs for this reason, and it's really limiting.

I'd love to play as a chef for example, but because the career isn't actually even semi active, you don't 'play' as a chef, and it could be a huge part of your story!

Who else feels this way?

Comments

• EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    edited February 2023
    Your suggesting that they retool some of the existing rabbit holes so that they're at least semi-active? It's actually really unusual that they add new rabbit hole careers.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Yes. I want to be able to play as a chef too or even as a waiter. I wish they refresh Dine Out.

I also dream of a playable office job hahah
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,372 Member
    I sometimes like to combine rabbithole careers with active gameplay elements so it feels like an active career. For chefs you could probably set up a cooking school or a food vending business, but would be nice to get hired to cater events too.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,107 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    Your suggesting that they retool some of the existing rabbit holes so that they're at least semi-active? It's actually really unusual that they add new rabbit hole careers.

Yeah, sorry, that is what I was getting at. I have noticed that careers they add now are semi active, which is great, but yeah, I would love to have some of the existing rabbit holes as active careers.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I sometimes like to combine rabbithole careers with active gameplay elements so it feels like an active career. For chefs you could probably set up a cooking school or a food vending business, but would be nice to get hired to cater events too.

That's a kinda cool idea. :)
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    They should rather fix the existing broken careers (DHD!!).
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,107 Member

I haven't played that career yet. What's wrong with it?
  • BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    I like the option of; send Sim to work, go to work with Sim, work at home or a personal day off. I would like this for all professions. This would allow so much more flexibility and content for our Sims.

Sometimes I want to hyper focus on one Sim, while managing the other Sims in the same households. I personally love the work at home options. But sometimes I do enjoy going to work with them. I need things to help keep my other Sims occupied, whiling working on a particular Sim. So, rabbit holes come in handy for that. I also would like various items that build a Sims skill, while keeping them occupied for a time.
  • ThornwillowThornwillow Posts: 123 Member
    I agree with you and alredy have a wishlists:
    - Culinary: Saloon, social events and restaurants
    - Entertainer: Saloon, social events and Museum (musicist branch)+theater lot?
    - Painter: Museum
    - Babysitting: Residential +daycare lot?
    - Barista: Cafe
    - Fast-food employee: Restaurants
    - Retail employee: Retail
    - Style Influencer: (Clothes) Retail
    New active careers:
    - Forest Ranger (New): National Park
    - Diarist (New): Residential
    - Librarian (New): Library
    - Guide (New): Museum
    - Analyst (New): Museum
    - Museologist (New): Museum
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,027 Member
    I would love more active careers and think it would be an awesome addition to the game.

In lack of that, since I don't think they'll add any to the base game, I second the idea for semi-active careers. With those you can always set up offices, and play them as if they were active, especially if you have get together and can make clubs for the career.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member

I haven't played that career yet. What's wrong with it?

You can't finish the gigs because the final evaluation screen doesn't pop up
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited February 2023

that, too. The nurse and orderly in Get to Work are useless. My doctor is tired of doing everything.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Eleri wrote: »

Yeah, sorry, that is what I was getting at. I have noticed that careers they add now are semi active, which is great, but yeah, I would love to have some of the existing rabbit holes as active careers.
    crocobaura wrote: »

That's a kinda cool idea. :)

yes me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    agreed! we need more careers in general and just more basic realistic careers. my favorite type is semi-active but it would be ideal to have all three options available: active, semi-active, rabbithole.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    To me, turning an inactive career into a semi-active career makes more sense for some of our inactive careers that others.

-Painting: the work from home assignment can be painting some paintings, maybe of a specific type.
    -Writing: The work from home assignment can be writing a book. Or, if a journalist, it could be interviewing a certain number of people. Perhaps it could be interviewing people at a certain type of location (e.g. interview three people at a nightclub).
    -Entertainer: The work from home assignment can be writing a routine for comedy or writing a jingle for music. Both career tracks can have assignments to perform live at a lounge.
    -Astronaut-The assignment can be to work on the rocket ship, or to go on a mission to space.
    -Criminal-Hack or pickpocket. Practice mischief for lower levels.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.