Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is it with the firefighters?!

There was a fire in Johnny Zest's kitchen. Fortunately he has the sprinkler system installed so it wasn't a problem. A firefighter turned up, stood there panicking, then caught fire and died! Great job!!

52678694053_63256403b7_o.png02-09-23_10-00-20 AM by Kerry Sayers, on Flickr

52678482549_d604585e55_o.png02-09-23_10-02-57 AM by Kerry Sayers, on Flickr

52678196756_16c85bf60a_o.png02-09-23_10-03-07 AM by Kerry Sayers, on Flickr

Comments

• ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited February 2023
    Fireman Sam they are not.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,076 Member
    The firefighters in my game usually just stand there dancing to the WooHoo music.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    LMAOOO! Thanks for the laugh.
    The firefighters in my game are fairly incompetent too and seem to prefer just standing around admiring the weather but this is on a whole new level.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    A firefighter recently died in my game as well lol! I don't think it's supposed to happen tho, so might be a bug, but it's one I'm not mad about because it's entertaining.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited February 2023
    There are two types of firefighters.
    • Firefighters that come in to extinguish fires.
    • Firefighters that come in to be sacrificed to the fire so it can go out and stay out.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    My firefighters are more concerned with asking my sims "Hey can I be your best friend? Can I be your best friend, buddy?" and standing there helplessly than putting out the fires. They've never died but I don't think a single fire has been extinguished by them in the past couple months.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,513 Member
    Well, at least the firefighters entered the dwelling! I've rarely had any of them come in and even view the fire, let alone doing the I'm so scared dance. Suffer me to say, I do believe they need a REFRESH. Please, EA, you gave them to us, but they are completely dysfunctional. Yikes.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    This firefighter's colleague just ran out of the house and let him burn!
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    edited February 2023
    I find it outrageous that they haven't fixed this yet and everyone keeps laughing about it. There is nothing funny about service NPC not working.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    This firefighter's colleague just ran out of the house and let him burn!

"Aaargh! John, I'm burning! Help!."

"No. Remember when I said you'd pay for eating the last of the chili? This is it. Goodbye, Frank."
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Well, at least the firefighters entered the dwelling! I've rarely had any of them come in and even view the fire, let alone doing the I'm so scared dance. Suffer me to say, I do believe they need a REFRESH. Please, EA, you gave them to us, but they are completely dysfunctional. Yikes.

I would love a firefighter refresh, especially if it comes with a firefighter active career. That was my second favorite active career in Sims 3, next to Ghost Hunter of course.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    wish had earthquakes. Like had in sims 3 when had real firefighters.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    The problem with firefighters is that the Sims has become so fast when it comes to putting out fires. As soon as I notice a fire has started I have one of my Sims cll the fire department, but then some other Sim rushes forth and put out the fire and is incredibly proud!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,857 Member
    I had firefighters fail to put out a fire recently, but I thought it was because the thing burning was a puddle of water.
    (Spellcasters.)
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I have had my Sims put out the fire pretty quickly, I am lucky that there is at least one Sim not freaking out too bad that is able to put out the fire.
    A couple times a firefighter came, and would scold my Sim for wasting their time, however from then on, I got money to replace the burnt items.
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    In the fire I had last week, only one firefighter showed up and all he did was chat with Grimmy and grieve my sim that died in the fire. My other chicken sims ran for safety and wouldn’t put him out or the fire. I tried to have one them go in and try to put it out but he kept giving me the hand wave and shrug. I lost a sim and three rooms in that fire. Grrr…
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The teams have had issues with firefighters since Sims3 days. One would think they would have found a solution after all these years. :/
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,110 Member
    Lololololol!! The firefighters rarely even show up in my game, so at least you were luckier than that. :D
  • kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    LMAOOO! Thanks for the laugh.
    The firefighters in my game are fairly incompetent too and seem to prefer just standing around admiring the weather but this is on a whole new level.

The other firefighter walked out on his colleague as he burned to death!
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Like someone else mentioned, firefighters in my game have never had the chance to put a fire out, someone else always does it first. I just had a fire on my lot yesterday, my Sim put it out, and the firefighter showed up and stayed on the front porch just long enough to tell me to be more careful.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01