Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The new console build mode update is something else…

Just a heads up, this is a negative review..

I’ve just tried building with the new build mode update on console, and cannot stand it! I don’t understand why they keep tweaking things into oblivion that aren’t even broken, when we all know there’s a ton of actually broken features needing attention in this game.

For starters, the build menu is permanently open now..? Why exactly? It takes up half the screen, unless we set the new ui feature to minuscule, requiring a magnifying glass to then see the catalogue! Personally, I frequently close the menu to pan around and check out the progress of my build and now can’t do this, as the build menu obstructs the view. I’m thinking I must be blind in missing the close menu button, but the patch notes exuberantly proclaim the build menu is as I feared, now permanently open?!

Moving on, the cursor also seems to be permanent now instead of having the option to navigate the menu through the shortcut buttons. I tried looking through foundation options, and no longer do swatches come up automatically, you have to manually click on them as if on pc. Which with the above stated newly microscopic ui, this is less than convenient. You can no longer scroll through the catalogue with analogue sticks, having to again manually grab the side scroller as if on pc.

I would play on pc if I wanted the pc interface, I’m sure I’m not the only person who prefers the console setup, finding it quicker and easier to navigate with the controller shortcuts - all of which are now gone. Even trying to use the eye dropper/ triangle button seemed to be newly temperamental. I don’t understand why these changes have been made, as if the default way to play on console is with a mouse and keyboard..? 0/10, not cool.

Comments

• Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    Right, I hate it!!! There was a reason I preferred BB on controller. I'm autistic and all this did was force me through a transition that I didn't ask for. Literally no one asked for this! I really hate that they touched console controls!
  • vzkrrtvzkrrt Posts: 1 New Member
    couldnt agree more, this update is so much more difficult to use and i don’t have a working pc to play on
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    vzkrrt wrote: »
    couldnt agree more, this update is so much more difficult to use and i don’t have a working pc to play on

Same here on the PC! Plus, console controller BB used to be so quick! They did not make it quicker or more accessible. They just made it a mess.
  • Lady__GamerLady__Gamer Posts: 5 New Member
    The game is no longer enjoyable with these new console controls. I really don’t understand why they couldn’t give us the option to pick between this new way and the old way. To change something so permanently without testing it with the users rather than the creators is really disappointing.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    So happy to see the changes for build mode in the recent console patch (or changes back should I say lol), I only had a quick play around but the hot buttons are working again, way easier to navigate the catalogue and actually close the ui to pan around the build! 🙌

The only annoying thing I noticed was.. the auto fill for floor tiles and wallpapers seems to now be missing? Unless its me that’s missing something, does anyone know how we do this now?
  • FaultedTripod40FaultedTripod40 Posts: 1 New Member
    I can’t just hit “Y” on an item to toggle the selection menu of the variant items of the same function.