Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Body Scars On Preexisting Townies and Played Sims Not Working!

I was really excited to use the Top Surgery Scars on my trans Sim James in a save that I was playing but, disappointed that the body scars option only shows up for new Sims/Households being made. I can't put any of the body scars on any of my preexisting Sims in my save. That doesn't make sense to me because, scars come with time and experiences. Why do I have to recreate all my Sims as new households and destroy all my stories just to be able to access a CAS feature? Is this a bug/glitch? I'm really upset about it!!!

Comments

• Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member

I also play on console so its not a mod issue.

• BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Did you try using editing CAS via manage households (versus live mode)? Alternatively, try using the "cas.fulleditmode" cheat. (make sure you turn on cheats).

@BlueR0se I tried in both. I don't use cheats because, I like to keep my achievements on. I don't feel like I should have to cheat on body scars when the face scars were accessable. I tried in both live mode & manage households. If I add a Sim in a pre-existing household through CAS, I can add the body scars to the new Sim; I just don't even get the option for already existing Sims in my save. I even reported it to EA through email. I just want it fixed so that I don't have to destroy my save or use cheats.

I personally don't like that cheats & mods are the only solutions to these things. It feels like it defeats the point of playing the game.

• annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    I have to agree, i was frustrated to find that i could only add body scars to new sims too- to me scars are part of story telling- especially top surgery scars, and thus should be something that can be applied to a sim throughout their life as story telling dictates, not something that has to be pre-determined at the beginning of a sim's life.

Exactly! I was excited to do a Transition Play-Through and I can't do that if I have to make them post surgery from the get go.

• CrystalKasursalCrystalKasursal Posts: 13 New Member
    So it wasn't only me. I kept looking everywhere for them, just out of curiosity. Has there been a bug report of it yet?
    @CrystalKasursal I sent them an email about it and tried to get a bug report in.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited February 2023
    they should fix it but yes in the meanwhile

testingcheats on
    cas.fulleditmode

then go change sim on dresser and it'll be available to change

(well or so I assume as i play on pc and i couldn't even think of how to cheat on console o_o)

no need for mods n stuff
    also using the cheat does not unlock any achievements or anything literally just gives you access to change things you could change when first creating a sim
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    they should fix it but yes in the meanwhile

testingcheats on
    cas.fulleditmode

then go change sim on dresser and it'll be available to change

(well or so I assume as i play on pc and i couldn't even think of how to cheat on console o_o)

no need for mods n stuff
    also using the cheat does not unlock any achievements or anything literally just gives you access to change things you could change when first creating a sim

It does on consoles. If I use cheats my Achievements are disabled. I don't have them all & don't want them turned off permanently for this save just to access the scars for the one Sim I'm playing. All the testingcheats will disable console Achievements/Trophies.