Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    This seems so out-of-place given how the game has tip-toed around adult themes. It's devoid of even the mildly suggestive content of its predecessors.

I also suspect it's why it seems to be an officially supported mod, as opposed to actual content as almost all the previous sponsorships/partnerships have been.
  • GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    This seems so out-of-place given how the game has tip-toed around adult themes. It's devoid of even the mildly suggestive content of its predecessors.

I also suspect it's why it seems to be an officially supported mod, as opposed to actual content as almost all the previous sponsorships/partnerships have been.

I think the support has to do with the country. In the UK and other places teen drinking (starting at 16) is legal, so it's probably not a obstacle to getting a teen rating as it is in the US.

• RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I love it. I love Harrie's cc and have a lot of her cc in my game she is very talented. I also have Tud's cc nectar cellar and it is awesome gameplay for my sims. I do understand the teen rating but also understand it is different in each country: https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/drinking-age-by-country

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited February 2023
    Gigge wrote: »
    cody6268 wrote: »

I think the support has to do with the country. In the UK and other places teen drinking (starting at 16) is legal, so it's probably not a obstacle to getting a teen rating as it is in the US.

Considering that it's a mod pack, I doubt the ESRB would care, since they often note that online interactions are generally not their concern. Even then, the worst that would happen is the ESRB including that the game features 'Alcohol Reference' or 'Use of Alcohol.'

In fact, that's what they did with The Sims: Medieval.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    What is the difference between this new 'product' versus the Barley Bale Teens can drink, now? Are some unaware they are essentially the same thing? Separated by a process, only?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    What is the difference between this new 'product' versus the Barley Bale Teens can drink, now? Are some unaware they are essentially the same thing? Separated by a process, only?

Barley ale is the non-alcoholic version, hence the sims get to keep their clothes on and their modesty intact. :lol: I put some of my sims in a drinking club and they drink and sing as club activities, the only problem is the songs aren't really pub songs.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited February 2023
    the what now 😂😂😂
    oh mod collab
    that makes tad more sense

still, why tho 😅
    guess thats what humans drink these days *opens another plasma bag*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Interesting. I don't use things in my game that have English on them though, only Simlish.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    My sims would drink few Stella's cold ones gladly, but, from simlish bottles, like @lisamwitt , not liking english text so much.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina