Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing sim now an NPC

MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
She and her family vanished from the bin, and the home I set them up in. Also could not bring them back via my backups. I can only see her as an npc who dropped off the sim I'm currently playing from work (same career). Is there a way I can somehow find her household and put her back in the bin at least?

Comments

• MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Going to comment here so it's at least not at zero for the next several years. Thanks.
  • ebrietasebrietas Posts: 25 Member
    I wish I could help, but I don't really know about it :(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2023
    MadIris wrote: »
    She and her family vanished from the bin, and the home I set them up in. Also could not bring them back via my backups. I can only see her as an npc who dropped off the sim I'm currently playing from work (same career). Is there a way I can somehow find her household and put her back in the bin at least?

I'm curious if you used any of the nonplayable Sims to create a family? Like the gardener, or the driver of the carpool etc.? Not only is Crumplebottom off limits to play or the GrimReaper but some other characters that aren't actually townies. Such as the gardener being played will cause corruption.

If you didn't use one of those or some others, you can use the Headstone to set any Sim as playable or nonplayable (townie or NPC) with it. This way she can be a townie again you can start playing but not sure if any family members still exist or turned into objects. One way to check this is with the Sims 2Pk Cleaner. Scan Character files to see if it says object next to their name. If it does, then No never bring them back with SimPE and or Headstone or whatever. Major corruption if you do. If it says object it means they are either ghost (and they aren't, it would seem some of their data is erased and corrupted.

Edit: It might help to know what you did right before this happened? A very long time ago houses could disappear when a stuff pack that was installed was no longer installed. Things like that probably don't happen anymore with TS2UC but it would help to know how this happened to begin with so we can help you solve it or leave it alone in order not to make it worse.

Edit: If you deleted the Sim or if you want to find them here is instructions of how to use the Tombstone (only one of many options) to see if they are in the game and can be brought back.

http://qa.answers.com/games-qa/How_do_you_recover_a_deleted_Sim_in_The_Sims_2
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.