Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Livinasimminlife's Stories: Starlight Saga begins

1323334353638...Next

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I started reading your Stardew Remixed story. So far, I've been binging it. :smile:

Aww thank you, @Sims4MagicalTales.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    nFui9Rx.png

Hello everyone, my updated Simselfie is loving her new place in Moonwood Mill. I'm tagging folks who may have invested in my stories, read them, submitted Sims for them, or just wonder if I fell off the planet. Maybe I took a ride to Simterra? ;):D Not sure if all of you are still active on the forums. I hope I didn't miss anyone.

@CathyTea, @RipuAncestor, @MedleyMisty, @friendsfan367, @divanthesimmer, @MaggieMarley, @TheYayToast, @Shadami, @SoulGal7, @kittymeow, @nerdfashion, @Munterbacon, @LegacySims2017, @VanPelt81, @Valpre1983, @Xantheanmar, @afai1261, @TheAemaSimming, @Karilan, @lilypadmeulin, @MINEZ, @Skcaga6, @pammiechick, @InfraGreen, @Zurka, @MadameLee, @somnasims, @Rockannie, @simscognito, @Piazzagirl1015, @mercuryfoam, @ajamkeevin, @BlackUndecimber, @_sims_Yimi, @Duvelina, @Skeilah, and my casual lurkers!

I have some BIG updates!! I finally announced which stories are retiring and which stories will continue.

For those of you who submitted Sims for Sweethearts in Sulani and Paramours in Paradise, Wright Way Travel Adventures, Livin' A Simmin' Life, and Berry Bountiful Harvest, I share what happened and how the stories ended. Mostly happy endings for folks :blush: ... save a few! Let's just say... I'm so sorry in advance! :#:bawling:

Read what happened to your Sims and my stories. See what's coming next!

As always, feel free to drop comments there OR here. I love to hear from my readers. Are you excited for returning stories? Are you sad to see other stories go? Were you happy, surprised, shocked, devastated, or (insert other emotion here) to see your Sims' fate?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Great to see you still around. I shall have to take a read as soon as I can of what happened to our sims and your stories. You're a wonderful writer and I have a bad feeling it was broken saves :open_mouth:
    I'm still around but things have been crazy for me. So I haven't been as active. Welcome back :D
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I'm very excited for the returning stories but mostly Crescent Moon Conspiracy because I'm thirsty for lore. Throw Caution to the Whim comes second because I love seeing the wants/fear update really throw challenge rules into chaos (tell me about it...)

I forgot that there were plans for Carrie. I figured she'd want to disappear forever after what happened to her. :grimace:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Heya! I'm glad to hear you're planning to continue some of your series and was really excited to read your synopsis of the ones that will continue. It was also nice hearing the wrap ups or what happened on the ones that won't continue. I look forward to reading your stories again and I'm glad you're starting to feel recombobulated. Best wishes and lots of fishes! Take care!. <3
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Stardew Remixed has some bittersweet news. I'm alive, everyone. I've had a long, hard, complicated year offline, and it's affected my ability to write/stay up to date and do a lot of things that I normally enjoy. For those of you who have hung in with me, thanks. I'm currently laid up at home with an injured leg and some sick leave so I hope to get a lot of gaming in/catch up on some shows/do some reading, etc. Hope everyone is doing well.

P.S. I'm pretty active over on Tumblr. My side blog - stardewvalleythoughts - specifically. If you want to read my headcanon and catch me there, you are welcome to join me. I've added tags along the side for those of you/us who don't like to endlessly scroll so you can easily find content. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hello friends, It has been a long time since I've posted or updated here. I'm getting my feet wet again and diving head first into Simming. I have a huge announcement... it's a bit of a long story, buuuuut... Stardew Remixed and Lizzie's origin story are getting an epic merge and reboot.

Announcements and Changes:
    • I am not continuing the original plans for my story, Stardew Remixed, due to a main character's death. But... this story is still happening... read on!
    • Then I had been struggling for almost three years with how to retcon Origin Story for Lizzie, my Simself. I decided to separate myself, my Simself, and this new protagonist. Lizzie Green will live on in (the ridiculous but fun mess of) the ISBI single-gen story. Many of you submitted Sims for this story and you may or may not see them in my newest story or other stories (with your permission, of course). Please let me know if you have reservations about your submitted Sims showing up again.
    • I have kept a MEGA save file for years and it includes every Sim from every story I've ever written in it and every Sim others have submitted for stories of mine that may or may not have experienced their "moment" in a story. I typically jump into this save when I want to play for fun. My MEGA save has recently inspired this new direction with my stories and rebranding many of the stories within The Alliance of Magic series.
    • I understand some of you submitted Simselfies. I have disconnected my protagonist going forward from my Simself and my real life self/persona and I'm okay with the changes BUT I want to give you an opportunity to request otherwise. Please read the linked post below in the next bullet point before making a decision so you can understand my thought processes and plans. For the record, your characters may or may not make an appearance... only if it naturally flows and serves the story to include them. Other characters may be written out completely, but will live on in the original story. PM me or leave a comment below if you have questions and/or you would like to remove your Simself or submitted Sim from the possibility of being included.
    • Introducing Lizzie Jackson. She will be a standalone character. You can read more about this decision, what will change, what will carry over, and the new epic crossover story here - When You Don’t Have A Title for Your Post or Story But You Decide to Post Anyway… and Oh yeah! A New(ish) Story Coming…. IF nothing else, read this post as it explains a lot of things.
    • I'm reworking titles and blog links for myself. I've upgraded a few of my WordPress accounts recently because I was getting tired of storage limits. Below is a series of changes and where you can find me.
    • Alliance of Magic (AOM) - formerly Stories from the Darker Side - now its new home is allianceofmagic.blog. This will be the home of my upcoming Starlight Saga (SLS) (a beautiful blending of Stardew Valley, Sims, magic, fantasy, adventure, and mystery).
    • Livin' A Simmin' Life (LASL) is still the same (for now) & is the now to most of my half-finished musings and stories
    • The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright (KCLKF) is basically the first ever story I completed (twice) in TS3. It follows the story of Kass as she uncovers family secrets, discovers her supernatural abilities, and works to solve a friend's murder. I plan to reboot her story in TS4. Date TBD, but I've already started setting up the world and characters.
    • My Sims Tumblr - I don't post all that frequently, but if you want, you can follow me there.
    • Stardew Remixed (SDR) - my Stardew Valley Tumblr - (formerly Stardew Valley Thoughts) - a collection of headcanon, shorts, fanart, and content related to Stardew Valley... and I do take requests! Now its home is
    • Love At the Top of My Lungs (LATML) - a non-sims blog related to my journey as an adult woman with ADHD

And finally... here is the reveal of The Starlight Saga (SLS) official story description:
    Elizabeth ‘Lizzie’ Jackson is convinced she has the worst luck in the star system. When she is fired from her umpteenth job on the anniversary of her best friend’s death, Lizzie makes a series of highly questionable, regrettable decisions. An unexpected invitation provides the perfect excuse to leave town.

However, trouble seems to follow Lizzie as she returns to the one place she never thought she would go again – Stardew Valley. At least there is no shortage of attractive partners… if only she could make up her mind. If only her “butterfly brain” didn’t get in the way. And her special ‘talent’ only serves to complicate her life.

As a young teen, Lizzie was burdened with the ability to sense the paranormal. After a freak accident, she discovered her “gift.” Believing she was cursed, she spent more time talking with ghosts than maintaining a regular relationship. Her time at a supernatural academy helped Lizzie hone her abilities, but they aren’t exactly useful skills among the living. But maybe a mistake can turn into a moment of truth and into a miracle. With a lot of hard work, an unexpected reunion, and an assist from the afterlife, maybe Lizzie can finally change her stars.

A few minor changes for those of you who may have already read this morning's post in WordPress:
    • Jack from Stardew Remixed is Lizzie's great uncle, and her dad is the son of Jack's sister.
    • Updated one or two of the hyperlinks with the changes in URLs
    • Also tweaked the story description (because I posted in the middle of the night and I had a lot of redundancies accidentally)

Thanks for reading! Enjoy the journey!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Welcome to The Starlight Saga. The first chapter of Book One: Return to Stardew Valley dropped yesterday. I will try to stick to some semblance of a schedule, but no promises. I'm excited to feature both games that I love - Stardew Valley and The Sims franchise. This is an epic undertaking for me, and I hope you enjoy the journey. Link below picture.

prologue-01-1.png?w=1024
    01- Prologue: Five

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Today's post is live - the second prologue part of our protagonist, Lizzie Jackson's journey through childhood. Now she is seven. And she shares her experiences with sensing "hidden" things, and knowing things that are unknown.

Also first appearance of JojaCorp for Stardew Valley fans. Boo! I mean, wait, it's okay. Right? Join Joja and thrive! Amiright? :#:rage:

prologue-02.png?w=736
    And dropping part 2 of the Prologue of Return to Stardew Valley today.

Also, this one particularly hits home for me as my own dad experienced similar loss due to changing times (minus the fantastical elements, of course).

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    It feels like the end of an era here. I'm still writing and playing the Sims (a lot less than I used to) and of course, I miss it. I popped over today to give this thread a refresh and an update. Lo and behold! I missed a MAJOR announcement from the Sims team. If you're interested in following my content and/or staying connected, I'd love to keep in touch. You can find me at the places linked in my signature below. :) Happy Simming!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest