March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy 23rd Anniversary The Sims!

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
K7B8QXV.png
Which version did you start with?

Happy 23rd Anniversary The Sims! 171 votes

The Sims
63%
ehaught58crocobauraBluegaylecanitbemanEvvieSimmericmnfrshDangalfSimpisceschick75KukaaKatchou1MichelleWSamadamsPlayerdjacquelynstewbandit5mrsr99tsoAlexaiAprilDawnlisamwittGoodywoodMsMayPlayerSinger2010 108 votes
The Sims 2
15%
LeGardePourpreSara1010Pdzidziak86maggiemae8135suzanna13Jonathan777lisasc360johnny33emereFreddyFox1234Ninja-Dan22Sims4MagicalTalesLiELFSheepilingMMXEcaBehappy1stheauxfinityIVXXXVItelemwill 26 votes
The Sims 3
12%
Paryfruitsbasket101goodcakebaker62sdhoeyAnthonydyerDragonAge_300905benson2006CAPTAIN_NXR7blur0seHorrorgirl6RedShoe7DaniRose2143comicsforlifehoneywitchSERVERFRAGlacierSnowPatricehely0tskipLoLyChupa 21 votes
The Sims 4
9%
JojoMOMSTERHopeyStarrmikamakimonMadachan88SeashoreLiviaMetior_IceTamlin1JustMeAlbjpsulsuldagdagAdamBurtSimsLIL_Lillymollie1998Tiffers3383amydunneChungyCaerfinon 16 votes

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    The Sims
    Started with the OG, and have played everything but Sims 3.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited February 2023
    The Sims
    Makin' Magic is the luv of my life
    if not for that pack I might have never discovered Simworld

d9d13ba019ffab1c594c9e2984f1548a.jpg
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited February 2023
    The Sims 3
    I picked Sims 3, but I need to clarify that this was the now retired MOBILE version.
    I found out about it due to having a mild academic & personal interest in life simulator RPGs, specifically character customization, systems & world building. I then went on to playing the mobile version of Sims Medieval, which had a similar set up, but was more quest oriented. I discovered Sims Freeplay not long after, so I thought I’d have a go with that too, until I figured that there was a PC version of Sims 3 as well!
    This is when I noticed the box art for Sims 3: Late Night ( half naked flirty sims in a hot tub drinking cocktails!!!) which led me to believe that the target audience for the mobile games was kiddos ( unlike myself) and the PC version was definitely developed for 18+ grown ups ( very much like myself…).

So…I invested in a starter bundle, found out that I was slightly wrong about the 18+ part, however, I got into it nevertheless otherwise I wouldn’t be here blabbering about it 😅.
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
    The Sims 3
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Makin' Magic is the luv of my life
    if not for that pack I might have never discovered Simworld

d9d13ba019ffab1c594c9e2984f1548a.jpg

Wow, a dragon on a leash! Was that actually a thing or is that box art magic?!
  • pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 77 Member
    The Sims
    I love doing polls.Makin Magic was brilliant
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    The Sims
    I wasn't very good at obtaining coins in Makin' Magic so I never got to have the dragon. I hope we get an equivalent in Sims 4. I did enjoy the store dragons in Sims 3.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    The Sims
    Wow, a dragon on a leash! Was that actually a thing or is that box art magic?!

@CAPTAIN_NXR7

The Sims: Makin' Magic
    Dragons can be acquired as an NPC pet that will reside on the lot. Functionally they are very similar to cats, though they are not added to the family and are fully autonomous.

More info here.
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon
    The Sims 3
    Thanks for the info link @simgirl1010 !

I, too, hope we’ll be getting the equivalent of Making Magic Dragons in The Sims 4 soon, although Ideally these would be fierce, huge dragons that sims can use as transport (but please not like those useless broomsticks).

Sorry but our cute little Realm of Magic “dragon” familiar just won’t cut it!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    The Sims 2

Sims 2 was my first full fledged Sims game. Before that I played My Sims with my son who had it on the Wii. I think we had several different My Sims games besides the original.

I skipped Sims 3, but went heavily into Freeplay in the years before it became a grind. I continued to play Sims 2 even after 4 was out. I think I started 4 four or five years ago.

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    The Sims 3

I, too, hope we’ll be getting the equivalent of Making Magic Dragons in The Sims 4 soon, although Ideally these would be fierce, huge dragons that sims can use as transport (but please not like those useless broomsticks).

Sorry but our cute little Realm of Magic “dragon” familiar just won’t cut it!

agreed
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,783 Member
    The Sims 2
    Misclick, my vote goes to Tha Sims.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    The Sims 2
    I didn't know about The Sims so Sims 2 was the first sim game I tried. My daughter introduced me to it and I was hooked the first time I played! Would love to try The Sims some day as well. I love the dragons in Sims 3. What were they like in The Sims? Hoping someday for a medieval pack for Sims 4 with dragons included!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    The Sims

Yes, please. I'd love a dragon mount breathing fire in the sky.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The Sims 3
    My Daughter spotted Sims 3 PC games back in 2011. We never heard about a Sims game before that.
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    The Sims
    I've shared my journey regarding my love of the SIMS throughout the forums. I started with the OG and was hooked from the very first night I played. I've played every version, even a bit of 4 and TSO. I enjoyed TSO for a time. I still play SIMS 3 and probably won't change, because it has just so much to do and discover. We'll see what happens with future versions.
    Happy Anniversary The Sims. Here's to 23 more years!
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The Sims
    Learned about the original Sims while doing research for an economics paper about a year before the game's release. Was intrigued by the then revolutionary concept so followed it in the gaming press. Bought it on day 1 and not looked back since. Have played all 4 major versions plus Medieval. Sims 2 is still my favorite and still play it, though 4 comes in second. Hard to believe about a third of my life has been impacted by this game.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    The Sims
    The sims <3 Thank you Will Wright :)

u7s9BNh.png

My favourite part of the original sims was our little garden gnomes that came to live with making magic <3
    vUCs6n4.png
    (best little gardeners ever, if they did not drink too much of the nectar ;) )
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited February 2023
    The Sims 2
    It's interesting how The Sims evolved

The Sims (2000) : Home alone - a sim living alone in a house
    The Sims 2 : Generation after generation - a sim having a family
    The Sims 3 : Hello World ! - a sim exploring the open world
    The Sims 4 : Together - a sim joining the community

Each time the sims discover that they are parts of something bigger (Family, world and community).

I'm curious to know what will be this time with The Sims Project Rene.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    The Sims
    I started with the Sims 1! :)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    The Sims
    i started with one but technically simcity got me into sims.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited February 2023
    The Sims 4
    I started with The Sims 1 in early 2000s, and then the Sims 2. and then the Sims 4.

• DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    edited February 2023
    The Sims
    I started with the OG when I was 12 😂 exactly 23 years ago man that makes me feel old 😂 had every EP of the OG sims moved to the sims 2 also got every EP and SP for that then the sims 3 came along did the same there and store 😂 and now doing the same with the sims 4 as you can tell I’m a collector 😂 My favourite family of course is the Goths and the one and only Bella
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    The Sims 3
    My very first sims experience was the Sims 3 Supernatural expansion pack.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    The Sims
    I started with Sims 1 but it was at the ending by the time I discovered it (Maybe a year left) but I did enjoy it ver much. Sims 2 honestly was my absolute favorite. So much so that the only thing that pushed me to Sims 3 was the open world aspect. The thing I disliked about the Sims 3 was the aesthetics/graphics. Didn't really appeal to me. That is also when I discovered CC because I couldn't tolerate that every sim had the same pie faced look no matter what you did. I really wish we could have a Sims game that truly gave us the ability to create the way Will Wright intended with the old iterations of the Sims. A perfect game would be Sims 2 with Sims 3 open world with Sims 4 3d graphics/aesthetics. I think such a combination (fusion) would really bring together a sims community of older players who loved a certain play style and subsequent versions that appeal to newer generations for it's play style. Sadly I do not see that and I believe it will always be a one or the other. Sadder because the original (Family style) players are real die hards and have continued on (probably, like myself, in hopes that we will get that back someday), the newer players have to much to choose from out there, too many other genre games that capture their fancy, and well, they probably won't remain Sims loyal over the long haul like the OG die hards do/would. I would think EA would really think about that. Financially, who would keep pumping the most money into the series? I don't know. I just wish there could be a conglomeration of all the sims games. Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy with a Sims 4 play style that is open world and a little of the Sims 2 aspects mixed in. As the game stands now (Sims 4), it does not hold my attention for hours, even days like the older games. Mostly I build, and create Sims, if I play it is usually for about an hour if that. It honestly does not hold my attention, and I can go weeks without playing. I am really excited about the newest game pack because hopefully it will give me enough of what I need to play the way I like to spark the sims fire and attraction for me again. I am a family player and Sims 4 feels to much like it's about living and doing individual and not together. Even something as simple as going to a park. they really do nothing together honestly. But I digress, where was I... Oh yeah, I am an OG Sim, lol

PS... PLEASE EA, can I have a pool table for my sports bar, and yeah at this point I am jumping on the R&B music station bandwagon, and really EA it's just weird that at this point we cannot even at least have sims 2 cars. Just saying. and at this point, I won't even question open world, lol
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    The Sims
    mcrudd wrote: »
    The sims <3 Thank you Will Wright :)

u7s9BNh.png

My favourite part of the original sims was our little garden gnomes that came to live with making magic <3
    vUCs6n4.png
    (best little gardeners ever, if they did not drink too much of the nectar ;) )

Geez.... Memories
    Light the corners of my mind
    Misty watercolor memories
    Of the way we were
    Scattered pictures
    Of the smiles we left behind
    Smiles we gave to one another
    For the way we were
    Can it be that it was all so simple then?
    Or has time re-written every line?
    If we had the chance to do it all again
    Tell me, would we?
    Could we?
    😭 😭 😭 😂