Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Speculation Thread

Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

This for any speculation of Growing together.

Mines I think we're going to have cameras.

I think we might get tooth fairy.

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 2023
    I think we are going to have some sort of a memory photo album. If you look at most of the photo frames against the walls it is like first tooth lost, and riding a bike for the first time, its not the type of photo's that a sim can currently take. I will go in the video and try and pause at it and edit my post with a pic ;)

edit to add the pic ;)
    You can see the selfie type version that is also there vs the memory type photos I mentioned above
    JCpWNyZ.png
  • simpureheartsimpureheart Posts: 39 Member
    I'm curious as to if the cinema/movie theatre is something we can actually go into.

I also think there'll be something more teeth-related, given the initial teasers.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Are we going to see "families" out at parks? Toddlers and infants? Or still just single sims?

Mind, I haven't played in a long time so I don't know if those things have been incorporated...
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member

So many of the trailer scenes looked like video camera or camera phone so I really hope that’s true.

I think bike riding might be a skill for children and there might be a proficiency test.

• Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    edited February 2023
    TBH I kind of really wanted a playable dentist career similar to the vet career :D Also curious to see if the rabbit hole movie theater adds a new PT movie theater job.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited February 2023
    I guess the movie theatre will be a TS4 version of what we had in TS3. It was a pretty cool rabbithole community building where sims would walk in and disappear while watching a flm or getting kissed (and I think they could woohoo in there too?) We heard sounds from the movie they were watching, pretty much like we hear sounds from the graduation event (uni). I'd be happy with such a feature, would prefer it as an object though, to be accessible in more worlds. Feels a bit weird that San Myshuno sims will need to travel to this new world to watch a movie...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I guess the movie theatre will be a TS4 version of what we had in TS3. It was a pretty cool rabbithole community building where sims would walk in and disappear while watching a flm or getting kissed (and I think they could woohoo in there too?) We heard sounds from the movie they were watching, pretty much like we hear sounds from the graduation event (uni). I'd be happy with such a feature, would prefer it as an object though, to be accessible in more worlds. Feels a bit weird that San Myshuno sims will need to travel to this new world to watch a movie...

This plus it will probably be similar to the tunnel of love and haunted house that came with high school years and you'll get popups. Also you'll be able to place that theater in any world. It will be in Buydebug.
    edited February 2023

I am wondering what if any cross pack features we would get.

I think it would be pretty good if the pack worked well with my wedding stories. So it would remember the wedding as a special memory. And the infants can be looked after by family member. And also family vacation to Sulani and Mt Komorebi and Baatu as special memory.

Id also love them to add family restaurant to dine out but I don’t think it would come with this pack but maybe in a future refresh.

Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • bglissonbglisson Posts: 58 Member

I am really hoping with all the updates to toddlers and kids that occult children will have occult traits. I know full powers don't kick in until teen years but I would LOVE some occult behaviors from infants, toddlers and kids.

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2023

You could place the debug cinema in the open street with the TOOL mod. Maybe down one of the accessible alleys in industrial areas such as the Spice Market or Moonwood Mill.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

Did they say the theatre is going to be a rabbit hole? That’s too bad, I was hoping it was going to be playable. Rabbit holes ( other than a few jobs ), are just a disappointment for me.

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited February 2023
    I so hope that the "Tooth Fairy" is a hint that we'll finally get Fairies very soon. ;)
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I so hope that the "Tooth Fairy" is a hint that we'll finally get Fairies very soon. ;)

Carrie the Tooth Fairy will most definitely be a thing in my game!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Did they say the theatre is going to be a rabbit hole? That’s too bad, I was hoping it was going to be playable. Rabbit holes ( other than a few jobs ), are just a disappointment for me.

You can see the movie theater in the trailer and it looks like a rabbithole building.
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    I honestly have no clue what new features beyond puzzles could be coming! I did see a movie theatre in the town so I hope it's interactable like those rides in High School years
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,404 Member
    bglisson wrote: »
    I am really hoping with all the updates to toddlers and kids that occult children will have occult traits. I know full powers don't kick in until teen years but I would LOVE some occult behaviors from infants, toddlers and kids.

I would love an update for occult children. I find it heartbreaking that spellcaster children can't see hear smell or touch magic. They don't react to anything magical. And spellcaster parents can't even use scruberoo to tend to their needs. I would also love mermaid tails for toddlers and children. Without a tail they lack the one defining attributes that actually determines mermaids thus they are not real mermaids. I don't expect this to happen with the infant update but I hope it will happen some day.
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    Is anyone else intrigued by the family “Keepsake Box” that was advertised, or am I the only one? I wonder what types of things are kept in that box..
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited February 2023
    I don't mind the theater being a rabbithole, the theater in Bridgeport was always hopping. :D
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
    edited February 2023
    jpajari wrote: »
    Is anyone else intrigued by the family “Keepsake Box” that was advertised, or am I the only one? I wonder what types of things are kept in that box..

Me too! I really want to know 😂. I thought it would be a very small detail but they show a couple of little boxes in the trailer so maybe it’s important. Maybe it is a collection and you get the items through gameplay, like lost tooth.

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    bglisson wrote: »

I would love an update for occult children. I find it heartbreaking that spellcaster children can't see hear smell or touch magic. They don't react to anything magical. And spellcaster parents can't even use scruberoo to tend to their needs. I would also love mermaid tails for toddlers and children. Without a tail they lack the one defining attributes that actually determines mermaids thus they are not real mermaids. I don't expect this to happen with the infant update but I hope it will happen some day.

Yes, please. Occult children, toddlers, and infants all deserve something in recognition of their status. I can't remember which occult it happened with but in one of my saves, kids couldn't even join the club with their occult type listed as one of the qualifying traits.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    jpajari wrote: »

Me too! I really want to know 😂. I thought it would be a very small detail but they show a couple of little boxes in the trailer so maybe it’s important. Maybe it is a collection and you get the items through gameplay, like lost tooth.

That would be so cool if it tied in with collections! My hope is that the keepsake box relates to the milestones that are being introduced with the pack, but we’ll see. I’m grasping at straws, but at first thought, I compared it to the scrapbook memories from Sims 3…but in reality I’m sure this feature will be quite different from that. I just wanna know what it’s all about!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm curious as to if the cinema/movie theatre is something we can actually go into.

It's a rabbithole same as the city hall (Tartosa) or the ferris wheel (Copperdale)

rmvdxvpzp8xc.jpeg
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I don't mind the theater being a rabbithole, the theater in Bridgeport was always hopping. :D

I should probably put this in the Unpopular Opinions thread, but I don't have a problem with rabbit holes, depending on what it is. (The ferris wheel should have been something we can see our sims ride) I liked rabbit holes in sims 3, it gave my sims places to go for books or groceries, etc. and there were always lots of other sims showing up and hanging around.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I'm also assuming the theater will be a rabbithole. But, with the option to pull it out of buydebug, I would think with a large enough lot you could add the object, and then also "add to it" by creating a working theater on the same lot, adjoining it.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Theatres are as close to rabbit-holes as I experience in real life. (Other than, y'know, rabbit-holes). They're not places I go to do much active stuff.