Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's pre-ordering Growing Together ?

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited February 2023
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    I have Strangerville so clearly, I'm preordering this pack. I can't be the only one who wants to put a kid in a backpack and eat bizarre fruit to see what a possessed sim with a kid on its back looks like.

Ha! I do!

If that works I’ll continue to experiment on the little one to see how it reacts to bizarre fruit …
    I hope there’s plenty of playpens available.
    Did anyone ever try this on a toddler? I can’t believe I never did! 😆
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    Not sure yet.
    [*] The ability to carry a bebe around in one of those backpacks. We’ve got a long journey ahead of us bebe and the mighty gods in Selvadorada require a wee sacrifice. Don’t act all cute. Also, I hope sims can carry them while rock climbing…

Oh! rock climbing! didn't even think of that
    snowboarding could be cool too

(also btw love that profile picture)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I'll wait.
    I think it will be a great pack, but I feel this game has gotten too large to be managed properly.
    I don't want to be sitting on a broken game after putting out money for it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    @Cherryrose_x CD Keys is not an unauthorized seller. You can find a list of 'trusted retailers' on the ea.com FAQ page. Sites like CD Keys gets codes from all over not always directly from EA. There's a good chance you could be left without the bonus items.
    I've seen a few have luck but mostly unhappy players who didn't and EA didn't help them out. Sometimes you find a rep who will add it to your account anyways. A majority will explain how the promotion works and to read the small text.

I don't know about the baby carrier. I sure hope there's another one. That would be crazy to limit such a feature that is a part of the games advertising.

Yea I suspected as such. I am just going to give myself time to think and decide whether 3 items are worth the extra to buy from Origin. Plenty of time decide yet at least. :)

This is one of the few packs I have been drawn to buy so early on. Pets and Parenthood being the only others.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Is there any benefit to preordering? You still get the bonuses for buying early if you don't so I don't see the point.
    Is there any benefit to preordering? You still get the bonuses for buying early if you don't so I don't see the point.

I totaly agree, why pre order if you don't get any bonus for preordering. It is not any limit to the number of games EA can sell
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    I'm going to buy it eventually, but not on day one. I plan to wait a week or two to see how others fare with it. HSY and its pre-release patch nearly wrecked my favorite save and I don't want to go through that again.
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I'm not preordering, but I've bought both of the most recent EPs early enough to qualify for the free items. I just need a week to see the gameplay via gamechangers and see if there is anything majorly game breaking before purchasing. The longest delay of mine recently was MWS, because I saw the gamechanger videos and was like....NOPE.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited February 2023
    LiELF wrote: »
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm still playing on the Werewolf patch, so I guess not, lol.

Every household should be required to have a grumpy wolf with hates children trait just so we can watch the instant rage when one of these kids pops a balloon next to him while he is sleeping.

Oh, you paint a glorious picture! >:)

Oh, no thank you. After what my RL granddaughter went through being mauled by a very large dog. Uh-uh, not for me. The dog actually stalked her.

As for pre-ordering, I just always do that. But I'm concerned that the page @mcrudd posted it would be available on March 17th. I read the release date was the 16th. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member

Omg is your granddaughter okay? That's horrible 😔 @GalacticGal

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited February 2023
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Omg is your granddaughter okay? That's horrible 😔 @GalacticGal

Yes, the dog got her left leg, and her right arm. Four people ran to help her, thank God. They got her into a yard and away from the beast while they waited for the ambulance to arrive. She was at Children's Hospital overnight. This was back in late October 2022. Just a few weeks before her 13th birthday. She had surgery to clean and stitch up her wounds. She's doing pretty good, now. But anxious around dogs, even mine, whom she's known since they were tiny pups. I'm thinking she's suffering from a bit of P.T.S.D.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2023

Poor soul 😔 I'm glad she's doing okay, that's horrible to hear, I hope that animal got destroyed, I got attacked by a dog when I was 7 not as bad as your poor granddaughter, the dog almost ripped my pinky off, there's a part of flesh missing from my hand, I was terrified of dogs for a very long time, I'm kind of still scared from them at 27 almost 28, I'm only okay with the dogs I know @GalacticGal

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited February 2023
    Also not preordering but I do belong in the not preordering anything gang
    I am trying to decide if I really need to have the petty bonus items
    but even if so we are looking April rather than March I think
    just based on my simfund situation

in ideal world I would wait until this and other ep are 50% off
    and buy it together with HSY since I missed that one too but :sweat_smile:
    I might yet again fail to have the patience
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Not sure yet.
    [*] The ability to carry a bebe around in one of those backpacks. We’ve got a long journey ahead of us bebe and the mighty gods in Selvadorada require a wee sacrifice. Don’t act all cute. Also, I hope sims can carry them while rock climbing…

Oh! rock climbing! didn't even think of that
    snowboarding could be cool too

Haha, it’s getting more extreme every minute.😅 How about strapping the kid onto the back of a mermaid?
    Maxis will soon regret “freeing the babies”. Although apparently babies are a bit like fish and they have no trouble swimming under water. Phew.
    It would also be great if sims can wade through water while carrying those baby backpacks.
    (also btw love that profile picture)
    Thank you! He’s a real divil that one…

• Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    As for pre-ordering, I just always do that. But I'm concerned that the page @mcrudd posted it would be available on March 17th. I read the release date was the 16th. :open_mouth:

mccrud is from new zeland right? maybe it's only available on the 17th there!
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    My game revolves around family play. Meeting that special someone, dating, getting engage, married and raising a family is what I enjoy and how I play my game. So, I will definitely be purchasing this on release day.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member

I wasn't gonna, but I decided to. Because:

A. I'm buying it anyway so I want the bonus even if I hate that it's a timed thing.

B. I've grown despondent over the sims in recent years. Almost every thing that I've wanted in the game; and that those in the parts of the community I'm in have wanted, have taken the longest to be added. And often they've been done poorly.

I'm a Black Queer Disabled Simmer who prefers playing Occults, Families, and is primarily in it for things that progress my story/items that can be used it game/professions/etc. .

Most of the things I wanted out of this game as the years went on, and I've been here since early release, either weren't delivered, came half done (looking at you mermaids), came real weird (awooo), or just felt like they lacked a sense of unity. But I kept supporting because the potential was there, because I hadn't gotten to play games growing up and the sims 3 was the 1st PC game I tried as a young adult, and bc when it worked it was fun.

This EP honestly looks like it might, MIGHT, be able to go on and link up those lose ties in all the other packs and make the game better. It'll definitely break everything. I will have to back it all up. Copy it all. Not even open to update anything until mods are updated by the creators. But if it can give me back some if the joy I felt at 19 when I first started playing both sims 3, and then sims 4, I'm in. And so I already pre-ordered. 😁

Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 2023

mccrud is from new zeland right? maybe it's only available on the 17th there!

Yip that I am :) Sorry guys I will edit my post to say that I am from New Zealand. We are ahead on the timeline so it seems as if its a day later, but it will be the 16th for you all ;) For example it is 4 February 12:15pm here now :)@GalacticGal sorry for the confusion :)
  • Ti4558Ti4558 Posts: 6 New Member
    I know I am going to get a lot of value from this pack. Hopefully, they can keep the bugs to a minimum though.
  • lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    I don't know if I'll pre-order it, but I think I'll be buying it in time to get the pre-order bonus items this time. I'm really looking forward to this pack. <3
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I think I said undecided.
    But after playing (after not playing for over a yr) my answer is no.

Like everything now with the Sims 4, I will wait for a sale and wait for it to end so I can mod it to better suit my style.

Gonna leave it. Add what I want on sales. Then deal with it when they move on to 5. (hopefully soon!)

For now? Back to 3 and WA and IP
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited February 2023

I will not pre-order because of the recent bugs situation. Currently game is crashing on consoles and I’m forced to play on PS4 which i didn’t update since beginning of October when I got a PS5 (forced to play offline as well). When they will finally fix this, I will just wait and see if expansion won’t introduce another set of game breaking features. If all is safe, I will buy it as it does look really good, although I think people get excited for stuff that is not going to be in game. Example: grandparents coming in and putting suitcase on the floor is imo simply for the purpose of the trailer. They already confirmed on Twitter that video cameras are not in this expansion. I’m sure there are more only trailer types of features. But I still think it will be worth it, if it doesn’t end up like HSY, boring and features being pretty shallow. I’m genuinely afraid toddler quirks will share the fate of life styles, more annoying than useful.

• LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited February 2023
    Nope, as I don't trust this EP won't bring on some very annoying bugs. That said, as someone who doesn't care for family gameplay at all, I gotta say. This expansion looks very good. I enjoyed the trailer.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member

Probably not. I don't see the benefits of preordering. I will wait a few days to hear if the pack works properly. I also like to experience infants without the pack first. Just to see what is tied to the pack and what is base game.

The bonus items are tempting though. I will see if I wait for a sale or go for the bonus items.

The only pack I ever preordered was werewolves. I would have preordered realm of magic if it had been possible. For occult packs I will preorder but other packs not.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I also like to experience infants without the pack first. Just to see what is tied to the pack and what is base game.

This is a good idea. I think I'll also wait a while before installing the pack.