Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's pre-ordering Growing Together ?

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited February 2023
    For anyone ordering for the bonus items be mindful of where you purchase.
    This promotional offer expires April 27, 2023. Valid for new purchases of The Sims™ 4 Growing Together Expansion Pack (“Product”) from the Origin Store (origin.com), the EA app (www.ea.com/ea-app) or participating retailers. Redeem code for packaged Product by April 27, 2024 to receive bonus content. Bonus content will be automatically entitled for digital Product. Offer has no cash value and may not be substituted, exchanged, or sold for cash, goods, or services. May not be combined with other offers or prepaid card redeemable for the applicable content unless expressly authorized by EA. Customer is responsible for applicable sales tax. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Requires The Sims 4 & all game updates. For PC, see minimum system requirements for the pack. Internet connection, EA account, acceptance of EA User Agreement (terms.ea.com) and Privacy & Cookie Policy (privacy.ea.com), registration with single-use product code, and applicable platform account may be required to play and access online features & bonus content. Installation of the Origin Client (origin.com/download) or EA app (ea.com/ea-app) may be required for the PC product. Age restrictions apply. See o.ea.com/ea/child-access and applicable platform account for details. Mandatory content updates may be downloaded automatically, require additional storage, incur bandwidth usage fees, and require an additional purchase to access. EA may retire online features with 30 day notice at ea.com/service-updates. See final product details at ea.com/legal, if and when available.
    via https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-4-growing-together-disclaimer

This happens every preorder bonus. I see a lot of upset people buying from unauthorized sellers getting the game but not the bonus content.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member
    edited February 2023
    I pre-ordered. I'm awaiting a live stream. It was discounted too, which is rare.
    For-forum.jpg
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 2023
    I never pre-order, but I will be buying it as soon as it’s released!
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    Nope. I will buy it eventually since I'm a hardcore family player, and I might even pay full price (better start saving now) but I won't buy until all my must have mods are updated for what is no doubt going to be a mod apocalypse with the infants update.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I probably won't unless there's a lot more than meets the eye. 40 seems a bit high for what looks like little more than a game pack? I could be missing something major but it looks like a few activities and a neighborhood. We get that with the smaller game packs.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I know I will be buying this EP. I just need to see it in action and take notes on the number of bugs it has first. The bonus items are items my Sims will use so I do want them. The pre-pack update will tell us what we have to look forward to as far as a mod apocalypse goes. No doubt it will be a huge task for the modding community because the EP is adding a lot of new content. CAS/BB and a multitude of changes to our Sims's personality with the new attraction system. A new life stage and everything that goes with that. New interactions almost always cause the wacky arm bug that can be quite funny at times but gets old very quickly. I am very excited for this EP, and I hope it doesn't require a huge number of bug fixes and mods before it works properly. But I am mentally prepared for the problems ahead because I have wanted this type of EP for a very long time. :)
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I put in No, the last few packs, with the exception of the supernatural ones, I have been waiting to see what the pack offers before purchasing it.
    Mostly since new packs sometimes have bugs in them, or glitches.
    I may purchase it on a later date, but most likely when it goes on a good sale.
    I have yet to buy Wedding Stories or High School, which are packs I want, but I am also waiting on the sale for them.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member

It's right up my alley. But waiting for a live stream to make sure it's something I really want.

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    Not "pre-order" as it makes no sense for digital download (no shipping)

but Maxis can count on me on March 16th to purchase it.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I will around the last week of February. ;)
  • FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 486 Member
    No, I won’t be. It looks a great pack and I’m looking forward to getting it one day (even if it’s full of bugs), but I never buy packs at full price so I’ll wait for a sale - after I’ve got Werewolves and High School Years.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I'll just buy it on release, no difference.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member

Not sure if I will pre-order. But pretty sure I won’t pay full price. I will probably get the pack in the same site I always do which won’t make me eligible for the bonus items. But I am OK with. The swingset looks very cute, but kind of reminds me of the ones that came with little campers. I prefer the carrier that is included with the pack. I’m not going to pay full price for a slide, even if I am sick of the toddler sp one.

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I could say all kinds of things about pre-order but everybody knows them and is saying them anyway and it would just get all grindy.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited February 2023
    Not sure yet.

Personally, I’m not a fan of modern city worlds in the sims, I have a preference for sleepy towns, small harbors and remote, outlandish or otherworldly places - then again, we don’t really know what San Sequoia actually looks like. The world’s general layout remains a mystery to me.

I’m also the opposite of a family player - at least in the traditional sims sort of sense, whatever that means… 100 babies? Legacies? Family challenges? - but I DID notice some cool features that certainly piqued my interest. For me it is easy to find inspiration in details and gameplay features that have nothing to do with the initial theme. Question is, can I make them work in a way that suits my play style, or will they become a hinderance or turn out to be utterly useless?
    I definitely need to see the pack in action. Hopefully the upcoming live stream will give me a better idea of what to expect.

Based on what I’ve seen in the trailer, I’d be interested in the following features, but I also have many questions:
    Potentially useful:
    • Upright piano - This has been on my wish list since the start of TS4. I’m currently using CC and although it’s pretty good, I’m aiming for less CC in my game.
    • Sleeping bags - I’m an adventure player. My military / survival troops and explorers need bags to sleep in. I hope the footprint of a sleeping bag isn’t too large. From what I’ve seen in the trailer, it looks doable!
    • The ability to carry a bebe around in one of those backpacks. We’ve got a long journey ahead of us bebe and the mighty gods in Selvadorada require a wee sacrifice. Don’t act all cute. Also, I hope sims can carry them while rock climbing…
    • More Tabletop games and jigsaw puzzles.
    • Auld lady headscarf for my evil auld hag.
    • Skin details such as moles, birthmarks and liver spots.
    • I like the fact that sims can build a treehouse, however, I already built treehouses myself so I’m not sure how this new object will enhance my gameplay, except for being able to use the bell, the slide and the fireman’s pole. I need more info. Can sims sleep in it? Can sims pull pranks? Is there a pirate themed one? I’ve only seen a princess castle and a space themed version. I might need 10 of these treehouses on one lot for my Neversulani Lost Boys.

I have other questions too:
    • binoculars- are they a buyable gameplay item and are they restricted to kids, or available for kids and up?
    • Can kids ride their bikes as a group? Can a kid fall off their bike if they 🪠 at riding bikes? Can kids push each other off a bike? I need drama.
    • How deep and meaningful is family gameplay REALLY? I need drama, but it can’t be intrusive.
    • What is base-game update and what is pack exclusive? I know infants will be basegame but what else? The Chemistry system?
    • What is world exclusive? I need freedom and wouldn’t be too happy if certain activities were to be restricted to one world.
    • The stuffed fairy bear: Will the stuffed fairy bear come alive when a kid looses a tooth? If so, will Hairy Fairy Bear be able to do other stuff, such as fight the monster under the bed or pull pranks on the kid’s bullies? With the new system, can kids or any sim have actual bullies?
    • No canes for the auld folks, no?
    • Will we get fairies and horses in the future?
    • Grim reaper career and a way to manage the dead e.g. cemetery lot?
    • Underground world?
    • Something space related?
    • Houseboats?
    • Diving Lots?
    • Bands?
    • Trucks?
    • Create A Neighborhood?
    • Anyone?
        I’m getting ahead of myself. Sorry. 😇
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    For anyone pre ordering for the bonus items be mindful of where you purchase.
    This promotional offer expires April 27, 2023. Valid for new purchases of The Sims™ 4 Growing Together Expansion Pack (“Product”) from the Origin Store (origin.com), the EA app (www.ea.com/ea-app) or participating retailers. Redeem code for packaged Product by April 27, 2024 to receive bonus content. Bonus content will be automatically entitled for digital Product. Offer has no cash value and may not be substituted, exchanged, or sold for cash, goods, or services. May not be combined with other offers or prepaid card redeemable for the applicable content unless expressly authorized by EA. Customer is responsible for applicable sales tax. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Requires The Sims 4 & all game updates. For PC, see minimum system requirements for the pack. Internet connection, EA account, acceptance of EA User Agreement (terms.ea.com) and Privacy & Cookie Policy (privacy.ea.com), registration with single-use product code, and applicable platform account may be required to play and access online features & bonus content. Installation of the Origin Client (origin.com/download) or EA app (ea.com/ea-app) may be required for the PC product. Age restrictions apply. See o.ea.com/ea/child-access and applicable platform account for details. Mandatory content updates may be downloaded automatically, require additional storage, incur bandwidth usage fees, and require an additional purchase to access. EA may retire online features with 30 day notice at ea.com/service-updates. See final product details at ea.com/legal, if and when available.
    via https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/the-sims-4-growing-together-disclaimer

This happens every preorder bonus. I see a lot of upset people buying from unauthorized sellers getting the game but not the bonus content.

I can only assume that CDKeys would not fall in the 'participating retailers' bracket. :D In which case I am not sure. I rarely buy any packs full price so I need to think if it is worth it for 3 items.

I assume there will be other baby carriers in the game without the preorder? Seems unfair if not.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 168 Member

Hm, I never preorder packs. Most of the time I buy them a few days after release, sometimes on release day.

I don't understand why to preorder? Is there any benefit that I would miss when I don't preorder?

I mean, it's not like the pack is out of stock or something if I don't preorder. They are always there to purchase, no matter if I preorder or not.

And the Bonus-content is also not locked to preordering.

So I would like to understand, why preordering is a big thing? :) Maybe someone can explain.

I am sooo excited about the new pack! ♡ I love all the new animations between the different age groups and all the new lovely activities!

• IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'll get it but I really need more information to decide on when I'll buy this pack. I'm more interested in the adult and elder interactions than the baby stuff. I've only preordered a couple of packs: Cottage Country Living and Werewolves.

Since the Bonus content isn't tied to a release date purchase, I may wait till after it comes out to see how buggy it will be. If the bugs are truly horrendous I may skip the bonus stuff (although I like the treehouse) and wait for a sale.

edited to correct a pack name. duh, Ishy
    Post edited by Isharell on
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member

@Cherryrose_x CD Keys is not an unauthorized seller. You can find a list of 'trusted retailers' on the ea.com FAQ page. Sites like CD Keys gets codes from all over not always directly from EA. There's a good chance you could be left without the bonus items.

I've seen a few have luck but mostly unhappy players who didn't and EA didn't help them out. Sometimes you find a rep who will add it to your account anyways. A majority will explain how the promotion works and to read the small text.

I don't know about the baby carrier. I sure hope there's another one. That would be crazy to limit such a feature that is a part of the games advertising.

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    I will not pre-order. I want to know more about the world (that for the little I saw did not really appeal to me) and more about gameplay. Also I am weary of bugs. So I will let others play first and see if everything works fine. I have the Tartosa syndrome. Also money is tight so if I am interested I will wait for a sale.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    A lot of gamers just like to know the game is paid off and they don't have to worry about budgeting funds. Now they just sit back and relax and look forward to the release.
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    There is no need to pre-order a pack for the bonus items. I will wait patiently for the first gameplay video and the I decide wether the pack is worth the full price, wait for a sale or dont' buy it.
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 168 Member

@simgirl1010 Ah, I see. Thank you for the explanation. :)

• Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    I'm going to have to wait and see. For me, it will depend on:
    How much of the content is bugged/ not working from the start?
    Those sleeping bags: Can they be carried in the inventory, like Sims 3?
    What others who've seen and played with the actual pack are saying.
    And What does the world look like. How many lots are there? How big? Are any of them empty from the start?
    And between the lots in the world, how easy is it to play rags to riches style, gathering stuff to sell and using free stuff out in the public.

These are the things I tend to care about as I am evaluating the pack.