Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Negative Thread

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Obviously some people wait until others review it and discover the bugs

*raises hand*

There are benefits to being a late adopter >:)

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    oh yeah, those dang phones, saw those in trailer too don't we phone enough as it is please just add " turn off phone notifications" toggle thats all phone interaction i want at this point

This, this, THIS!

I might be able to buy another pack one day if we could just shut off the frakking phones. A toggle or in-game choice for no notifications and no Sims animations on auto-phone use. I'd even do it Sim by Sim if I had to, and I play with over 200 Sims in my game. I hate those idles so. much. Some of us don't want to play "ultra modern teen dystopian tech addiction" 24/7 in our own games, y'know?
    #Team Occult
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member

Not a fan of the "exclusive items" thing. Especially given how glitchy these packs often are at release (and often continue to be for a while), it feels wrong to lock items behind a limited release.

• chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member

Generally I'm excited for this pack but.....

Did anyone else feel a little skeptical about the major focus on Infants? Yes I'm excited for infants but I'm still not fully clear on what infants do any how the EP adds to infants...

My concern is that if you take away the infants from the EP what do you have? A lot of....stuff? I feel that the Parenthood GP rode off a lot of the hype that toddlers brung and now the novelty wore off from Toddlers Parenthood really doesn't bring anything impactful other than some neat stuff.

Also like others have said...how does this stuff work with character traits and sentiments? Have they factored these things in or is this going to be an overblown messy AI?

• Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited February 2023
    So far the trailer has intrigued me, but I have two major issues that I hope are explained before the pack is released for purchase:

1. Kids get the pillow fight animation.....in an entirely different expensive EP. That's $80 total if you wish for all of our family to pillow fight? A full scam. I hope That is a BG update.

2. The infant carrier- I hope the one you get for ordering by the date in April is an extra one with a different design, because if that's the only way to get it, but it's advertised in the trailer, then that to me is full on false advertising and I would never trust to purchase anything from the sims literally ever again. Can't support a game that would do that to their audience/consumers. Too scummy of a move. So I hope that is not the case.

Those are my complaints and worries right now, otherwise some of it looks really cute and I am interested to see the gameplay trailer.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    So far the trailer has intrigued me, but I have two major issues that I hope are explained before the pack is released for purchase:

1. Kids get the pillow fight animation.....in an entirely different expensive EP. That's $80 total if you wish for all of our family to pillow fight? A full scam. I hope That is a BG update.

2. The infant carrier- I hope the one you get for ordering by the date in April is an extra one with a different design, because if that's the only way to get it, but it's advertised in the trailer, then that to me is full on false advertising and I would never trust to purchase anything from the sims literally ever again. Can't support a game that would do that to their audience/consumers. Too scummy of a move. So I hope that is not the case.

Those are my complaints and worries right now, otherwise some of it looks really cute and I am interested to see the gameplay trailer.

In regards to your second concern, SimGuruNinja already stated on twitter that there will be (other) infant carriers in the pack, just the preorder one is a special variant/unique one/an extra design from the ones in the pack.
    edited February 2023
    Darren wrote: »
    Half of the features sound like they should be part of existing packs and kits. And knowing EA there won't be any Pack interactions and we will get yet another set of mechanics that do nearly exactly the same as already existing ones.

Does someone really believe that the social combability will in any way play nice with high school crushes, werewolf soulmates and social bunny?

The child pillow fight animation should absolutely have either been patched into HSY as every other older life stage got to do them with that EP. OR that specifically should be a BG animation. I do not find it in any way okay to charge $80 in order for your entire sim family to be able to pillow fight. I truly hate how cash grabby and horribly priced the Sims franchise has become for so little of content. It actually makes me so sad.
  • scalaswagscalaswag Posts: 3 New Member
    > @chickenow said:
    > Generally I'm excited for this pack but.....
    > Did anyone else feel a little skeptical about the major focus on Infants? Yes I'm excited for infants but I'm still not fully clear on what infants do any how the EP adds to infants...
    > My concern is that if you take away the infants from the EP what do you have? A lot of....stuff? I feel that the Parenthood GP rode off a lot of the hype that toddlers brung and now the novelty wore off from Toddlers Parenthood really doesn't bring anything impactful other than some neat stuff.
    > Also like others have said...how does this stuff work with character traits and sentiments? Have they factored these things in or is this going to be an overblown messy AI?

These are my sentiments as well. Especially about the content involving infants this pack will contribute. Someone above mentioned this is giving off a Parenthood 2.0 vibe, and doesn't look like its anything distinctive from that pack.

I am rather bias, because I couldn't care less about infants in general. The new world also doesn't seem like anything spectacular, but I'm remaining tentatively optimistic about that.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I think we shouldn’t have to buy another EP for kids to ride bikes and have pillow fights since it’s already available for adults.
    Also, I didn’t see teens in the trailer so now I’m afraid there will be nothing them.

I'm hoping that the Movie Theater rabbit hole will at least add a new PT movie theater job for teens, but not getting my hopes up lol.
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Coconut27 wrote: »

In regards to your second concern, SimGuruNinja already stated on twitter that there will be (other) infant carriers in the pack, just the preorder one is a special variant/unique one/an extra design from the ones in the pack.

Okay cool, thank you!!
  • simpureheartsimpureheart Posts: 39 Member
    I find it curious that the EP description and the EP trailer seem to focus on very different things with hardly any overlap. I get family dynamics/raising a child from he trailer, and relationships/chemistry/socialization from the listing.

I also wonder if some people will be upset that it looks like changing tables, play mats and the harnesses for carrying babies are exclusive to the EP.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    The relationship chemistry concerns me a little. I have enjoyed actually being able to make decisions about who my sims date and marry without the complications of an attraction system like in Sims2. All the descriptions talk about friendships rather than romance, but they can't usually get romantic without some friendship first. I've been working to marry all the premades into my families for a while and I don't want those decisions taken away.
    Hopefully that feature will come with a toggle, but even after the patch my sims still have fear moodlets when wants and fears are turned off so my faith in toggles has declined somewhat.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023

I don’t know for sure what is included in infants pack and what is in expansion pack, but I do expect this to be the “full experience” of infants. More CAS, more interactions, more gameplay etc.

“the Growing Together Expansion Pack adds even more that will fundamentally change the way you’ll play with Infants”

Think this has been quite obvious since we saw the baby carrier and expected a generations pack coming alongside infants. While I don’t always defend EA of course a business would want to make some money out of this much work.

I do think base game infants will be fine and satisfy most people.

• HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Yeah I'm going to chime in with "that trailer is just showing family gameplay and some nice objects." World isn't too terribly appealing to me in contrast to say... Tartosa. We just got Newcrest again it looks like. I'll take a look at the blog post and see what's revealed there.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited February 2023
    Watching the trailer almost made me consider getting this on a big sale. It's been a long while since that happened. Must be all the family gameplay and the kids' slumber party calling to me. Give me the infants now. I think the trailer felt old-school sims style. Like TS2 BG and TS3 Generations trailers.

Now to the negatives... now they decide to add bicycles for children. Will they fix the bikes from DU? Also, I hate the addition of another quirk system. Or whatever new system there is. I don't like any of the timed systems added to the game (sentimets, fame quirks, etc.)

By the time infants are released it will be a full year since I have updated my game. So I'll keep waiting until the forums give the greenlight of a bug free-ish infant gameplay.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    logion wrote: »
    The features of this pack have a couple of red flags over it...

We already have lifestyles, sentiments, wants & fears (unless you have turned them off), neighborhood stories, random invites, etc. and now we will get key choices, milestones and midlife crises, I worry a lot that these will be just as intrusive as all the other features we already have.

So yeah, I'm skeptical how well this will all work.
    Daephene wrote: »
    The relationship chemistry concerns me a little. I have enjoyed actually being able to make decisions about who my sims date and marry without the complications of an attraction system like in Sims2. All the descriptions talk about friendships rather than romance, but they can't usually get romantic without some friendship first. I've been working to marry all the premades into my families for a while and I don't want those decisions taken away.
    Hopefully that feature will come with a toggle, but even after the patch my sims still have fear moodlets when wants and fears are turned off so my faith in toggles has declined somewhat.

These are my fears. I really want to buy this EP but all these features (key choices, milestones, midlife crises and the obnoxious return of "chemistry") feels like an intrusion on my play style. I really hope we can turn it off. I'll wait for the Livestream to confirm but I'm not feeling good about it. I don't want random firings, random family showing up at the door and not leaving and I definitely don't want chemistry ruining my plans for my sims.

Also, whoever does the marketing/copywriting/whatever should stop saying "it will deepen gameplay." At this point, just put out the product and let the players decide whether it does that or not. Proclaiming it - especially to a community that is already overwhelmingly negative about the game - will just make everyone scrutinize it harder and make them even more upset if it doesn't reach their standards (which, realistically, it probably never will).
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    My only big complaint is how friggin humungous that treehouse is. Especially when compared to the TS3 treehouses that were already huge. Don't know how many of my middle class/suburban sims will be able to fit those in their back yards. Would be nice if we had an option for a smaller one that only needs one tree to make, rather than two.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    ...read the blog post and the gameplay looks...fine. Like it'll at best be servicable additions to the gameplay but like many other expansion additions like Lifestyles and Fame, it's hard to exactly sell it based on the system itself when uhhhh, who knows how it'll end up working out in game itself. But I do know lots of people wanted some sort of memory system and the relationship changes seem intreguing but -shrug-.

Also, oh my. Another suburban neighborhood. How unique and inspiring. /scarcasm That being said, I will still of course keep an eye on the world thread and an eye on the townies.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I know the focus is mostly is focused on infants, and the high school pack expanded on teens ( I don't own the pack yet), but I kind of don't like that we didn't see teens at all. Also, the infants don't look that much different from the toddlers, they technically function the same, but without the walking.
    Also, I have held off of Wedding Stories, and High School Years because there was so many glitches and bugs. There are still some bugs in other packs, but they are manageable. What glimpses we got of the world make it look kind of boring.
    On a final note, I am tired of seeing the trailers make the pack look like it has so much and is so interesting, but when you get the pack it does not have half the things the trailer promised.
    I have seen previous trailers for packs, like the Werewolf one, but the moment I heard Werewolf my decision was already made to buy it launch trailer or not.
    edited February 2023
    I hope we get to see the world better in the gameplay trailer or whatever is released as advertising next. So far, apart from the local water park, it looks like every other American Suburban world, which I tire of. I was really hoping for a new style of apartments, such as townhouses, or smaller apartment complexes. I remember reading about a community center, I'm assuming its similar to the one in the Green Harbour world, but instead includes a bunch of family activities, and then the rabbit hole movie theater. I really really want a reason to play and to enjoy playing the sims 4 again. I wonder if they will be giving play testing to the GCs a week prior to release, or a bit earlier since they released the trailer quite earlier than usual.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited February 2023
    There is a little problem of size and design for the treehouse ...

TS4

ts4-ep11.png

TS3

kid27s10.jpg

The builders can already build treehouses like this ...

mts_pu10.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I so love the idea of a Brave Mother fighting Greg while having her baby on her back. I think she would win because it's two against Greg. Also, it would be so cool for her to fight Vlad & the Motherplant with her Baby. :D;):p
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I hope there's a small treehouse as well as the large one.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited February 2023
    chickenow wrote: »
    Generally I'm excited for this pack but.....
    Did anyone else feel a little skeptical about the major focus on Infants? Yes I'm excited for infants but I'm still not fully clear on what infants do any how the EP adds to infants...
    My concern is that if you take away the infants from the EP what do you have? A lot of....stuff? I feel that the Parenthood GP rode off a lot of the hype that toddlers brung and now the novelty wore off from Toddlers Parenthood really doesn't bring anything impactful other than some neat stuff.
    Also like others have said...how does this stuff work with character traits and sentiments? Have they factored these things in or is this going to be an overblown messy AI?

I agree. This feels like a paid update for Parenthood. I guess if it wasn't for whatever the new world offers and the new system this should have been a GP. For me it feels like a GP. They are just unlocking some existing interactions for children and adding some new gameplay.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    There is a little problem of size and design for the treehouse ...

TS4

ts4-ep11.png

TS3

kid27s10.jpg

The builders can already build treehouses like this ...

mts_pu10.jpg

If sims can live in it, I will be building one of these in Granite Falls. A treehouse in the forest is like ultimate airbnb.