Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer Acheivements or Cheats?

Comments

• sillysimmer3sillysimmer3 Posts: 18 Member
    I like control so I like cheating to get my perfect storyline lol
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    OTHER
    I play on PC and don't really pay attention to the achievements. I rarely cheat in my game, at least not to progress my main families. I like them to earn things to keep the game interesting, but sometimes I'm also flexible for the story. Like currently one of my sims is house-sitting in Tartosa. I cheated her into the house, but I will also remove all money when she gets back to regular life. She's basically just wasting time there.
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    ACHEIVEMENTS make my day!
    At last check, the Apathetics have taken a strong lead against the MyWays for top spot in the poll!

The Achievers are tied with the Cheaters for last place. The polls are heating up between the Acheivers and the Cheaters, so we'll see who ends up on top! Stay tuned for the latest poll results!

For now, I'm PenguinFoop and proud to be your host of the "Cheaters or Achievers Poll 2023!"
    Until later, peace out!

• APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member

@PenguinFoop

Very true, although I prefer gaming on console, I dislike the idea of losing achievements if you cheat, mainly because when the game gets buggy you can't just cheat to fix it, you have to restart. I get so put off by that I generally stop playing and play a less buggy game instead.

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    OTHER
    I don't care about achievements, I don't think I've ever even looked at them.
    I also don't use cheats unless I need to reset Sim, bb.moveobjects on or cheat the plants back to life when gardening bug makes them revert back to dirt piles.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    OTHER
    I use cheats to set up NPCs, and to complete aspiration tasks when I have already completed them in gameplay but the game fails to check them off on its own. I make liberal use of the resetsim cheat since my sims seem to get "stuck" a lot. Other than that I don't like to use cheats for my played sims.

I really don't care about achievements at all. Sometimes it's funny when I see a new message about one I didn't realize existed, but I mostly ignore them and kinda find it boring when the same ones come up over and over again.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I prefer achievements, but also I can't play without build mode cheats.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    Either way, doesn't matter to me.
    At last check, the Apathetics have taken a strong lead against the MyWays for top spot in the poll!

The Achievers are tied with the Cheaters for last place. The polls are heating up between the Acheivers and the Cheaters, so we'll see who ends up on top! Stay tuned for the latest poll results!

For now, I'm PenguinFoop and proud to be your host of the "Cheaters or Achievers Poll 2023!"
    Until later, peace out!

Lol. :p

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I never even looked at the achievements button. I have 710 points since Sims 4 launched. Is that good? lol
    I guess maybe I should have clarified that by "cheats," I meant the ones that require testingcheats on/off. Bb.moveobjects on/off and such don't count since they don't require it. In fact, I think bb.moveobjects on/off should be a toggle like sofas and counters. I for one, can't build a house without it.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    OTHER

I am not focused on the achievements in game but its always fun to see the stats on occasion, or when a notification pops up for achieving something new.

Cheats doesn't matter to me either. I only ever use cas.fulleditmode because vampire and werewolf forms can't be edited without it, and money 0 if I start a new game rags to riches style. I don't use any other cheats unless I'm building with bb.moveobjects but I am not much of a builder these days. 🤷

To me, cheats take away some of the fun in the game, and working toward specific achievements feels like a chore. Lol

• dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    OTHER
    I play both ways but Im usually consistent about it. So a cheater will always be a cheater and my achievement plays never use any cheats at all.

My favourite families are always the ones that I haven't cheated on though!
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    OTHER
    I set my own gameplay goals, rather than use official achievements. I don't cheat to make my goals easier. But I have no problem using cheats and mods to fix glitches and even features that don't work like I think they should (I had to turn off relationship culling for my rotational save, for example).

I also will use cheats to make things unrelated to my gameplay goals possible, such as if I just feel like taking the family to the park I'll cheat the toddler's needs up so I can concentrate on fun while they are out.

When I say gameplay goals I mostly mean achieving things like career progression, skill gains, collections, degrees and other milestones. I assign different ones to different families in my rotation. So some things I'm willing to cheat with some households but not with others.

The Apethetics still hold a commanding lead over the MyWays and are poised to take the whole thing.

Meanwhile the Cheaters seem unable to prosper over the Acheivers as the Acheivers are slowly pushing forward. Will the Cheaters truly take last place? Can they mount a comeback? Are we seeing a clear road to Third place for the Acheivers?

This is definitely a nail biter! Okay, maybe that's a stretch but it's still interesting.

Anyway have a good game and let the poll continue!!! Remember, THERE ARE NO RECOUNTS! ❤️

• HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    I checked the achievements, unless they haven't been updated, there are 50. That's how I found out how many I've done.
    And to your other point, that's the problem with using cheats. Once you activate them, you have no more chance to unlock acheivments for that save.

Wait! Am I missing something?

I love doing achievements, but I use cheats like move objects on. Do these also turn off building achievements? And what about if your sim literally gets stuck and I have to use a cheat. Those are my only cheats in the game, but now I'm concerned. I just started a new save, so really want to know.
  • HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    I guess maybe I should have clarified that by "cheats," I meant the ones that require testingcheats on/off. Bb.moveobjects on/off and such don't count since they don't require it. In fact, I think bb.moveobjects on/off should be a toggle like sofas and counters. I for one, can't build a house without it.

Whoops, didn't read this far before asking my original question. Sorry.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    Oh, you mean the Achievement of having a Sim pee themselves when there are more than five bathrooms on the lot? I'd rather cheat, thank you, over being humiliated.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited February 2023
    Oh, you mean the Achievement of having a Sim pee themselves when there are more than five bathrooms on the lot? I'd rather cheat, thank you, over being humiliated.

Although I do agree with you. It's annoying when they do that but it's an achievement, so I'd make them do it.
  • yumemitchiyumemitchi Posts: 24 Member
    I like both cheats and achievements they’re both awesome! ૮꒰ ⸝⸝ . ̫ . ⸝⸝ ꒱ა
    i love pink ૮꒰ ⸝⸝ . ̫ . ⸝⸝ ꒱ა 💕💕1yo8yva6q5ot.jpg
    And the latest polls show that the My Ways are now tied for last with the Cheaters. Meanwhile, in a surprising twist, the Go Getters are almost half-way to taking top spot from the Apathetis! Could the Go Getters claim the title? Do the Apatheitics even care? Only time will tell how this plays out!

So stay tuned for more jaw-dropping, knock-down, drag-out fighting as things continue to heat up!

Once again, I am PenginFoop and we are watching live coverage of the most drama-fueled poll results in known history!
  • DivapixieDivapixie Posts: 63 Member
    It really depends on what I'm doing. If I'm playing just for gameplay then no cheats.

But if I'm playing on the story world I make for my daughter's birthday every year. Then I'm totally cheating to fill out those houses with a lifetime of photos and hints towards the character's history.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I do have one rule for myself. I don't cheat while actually playing as my current main Sim, unless I feel like I have no choice. But with the Sims around my main Sim, I cheat all the time. Whatever I need to do to make the world around my Sim the way I want it.

I don't pay much attention to achievements. A few times when one popped up, I've looked through them to see what else is there, but I haven't actively tried to get them.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    OTHER
    Divapixie wrote: »
    the story world I make for my daughter's birthday every year

Okay that sounds like an amazing project @Divapixie and a beautiful thing to do for your daughter. Want to tell us more?
  • DivapixieDivapixie Posts: 63 Member
    > @mightysprite said:
    > Okay that sounds like an amazing project @Divapixie and a beautiful thing to do for your daughter. Want to tell us more?

It's a bit of a tradition that started over on Minecraft when she was little and I couldn't afford a pc for her to download the amazing builds she was seeing her cousins playing. So i taught myself the game and how to build on it then gave her access to the world, (later uploading it a realm).

when she finally got interested in the sims I got to play my fave game more so carried it on here,

I pick a world and redo all but one of the builds. using each as a set for the story of the characters that live there. I'm currently working on two brothers in San Myshuno the story in mind is the younger brother loves his bachelor life playing console games and flipping burgers, his only goal in life is to help his big brother and niece find happiness again after his sister-in-law died.

So his brother's apartment is decorated the way his wife wanted it, is full of pictures of their life together and of the brothers growing up together. the apartment is a bit messy. (because raising a toddler while grieving is hard.) But her hairbrush still sits on the sideboard next to her Urn.

My daughter turns 17 in November so I'm trying to get this year's project done quickly so I can try and do every world for her 18th.
    OTHER
    That's really cool @Divapixie :)