Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parrots??

I am an avid parrot caretaker ("parront") who also loves the sims. As much as the pets in the game are fun, and they are, I'm sad I cannot have parrots in the game. They are wonderful, complex pets who would bring a lot of new gameplay features and fun. Plus, birds deserve significantly better than just "let's encourage the destruction of the environment by having our pets bring back feathers from dead birds", chickens, and wild birds (as much as I love the latter two). Parrots were object pets in Sims 3, which obviously could come back to sims 4 fairly easily. Alternatively, given most parrots are significantly smarter than cats or dogs, they could be full pets, which I recognize is a pipe dream. IDK. Just wondering if there was ever a plan to add parrots to the game, especially given how popular they are (cockatiels and parakeets especially). And you can have a truly infinite level of variety, just like with cats and dogs!

Some ideas for parrots to include as options/varieties:
- Cockatiel
- Budgie
- Green Cheek Conure
- Sun Conure
- Jenday Conure
- Umbrella Cockatoo
- Sulfur-Crested Cockatoo
- Palm Cockatoo
- Blue and Gold Macaw
- Scarlet Macaw
- Yellow Headed Caique
- Amazons (there are too many to list)
- Lovebirds
- Hanging Parrots
- Ringneck Parakeets
- Lorikeet
- African Grey
- Senegal
- Mini Macaws
- Roseates
- honestly I could go forever

Behaviors/in-game interactions that would be fun:
- Pet/scratch head
- Boop the Snoot (beak)
- Dance! Yes, dance with your parrot!
- Have a conversation
- Snuggle (have the bird on your shoulder and nuzzle with your head)
- Play (pull out a shredding toy and have the bird destroy it)
- Sing with your parrot
- Help Preen (like scratching but only happens during moulting season, that kind of thing)
- Trim Nails
- Clip Wings (this should have negative consequences though)
- Remind that they're a dinosaur (it's the gift that keeps on giving)

Training would be SUCH a huge thing for parrots!! Clicker training is a big thing in this corner of the pet world, and there are lots of options that would be cool in-game:
- Step up (the basic command with bird pets; you train them to step up onto your finger if you put it under their keel, or onto your wrist/arm if it's a bigger bird)
- Come Here (You put out your finger and the bird flies to it, or arm if it's a bigger bird)
- Stay (bird does not move)
- Teach to Talk (depending on the bird, can have a lot of different things - african greys can talk like a four year old child - but some options include "I love you", "Hello!" "Goodbye!" etc.)
- Fetch
- Circle (have the bird fly around the room in a circle)
- Open (have the bird open cabinets and similar things that would be fairly inconvenient IRL)
- Train to poop in a specific spot (IRL this can be a bad idea, but in the game why not?)
- Shake (shake your finger/hand with their foot)
- Shred (have them tear up/destroy an object presented to them)
- Honestly I can think of more but I'm beating a dead horse

There could also be training parrots out of bad behaviors, too, like excessive screaming, biting, and destruction of home objects. So many possibilities! I know the Sims would be greatly enhanced by this. So I really hope it's on the to-do list before Sims 4 is wrapped up! What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I am a huge animal lover, so any added pets would be awesome, but parrots would be SO much fun!
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    Pirate game pack!
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    would love to see budgies in the sims 4 so i aprouve this idea 1000%
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 713 Member
    I would love parrots!
  • Options
    MeigMeig Posts: 27 Member
    Pirates and budgies are both fantastic applications :D they already have the kid playground! Just run with that!
  • Options
    sillysimmer3sillysimmer3 Posts: 18 Member
    On the topic of small pets I think that the My First Pets should have the ability to have more than one rat per cage... Rats are not supposed to live alone! They should also add small pet colour variations. Maybe randomized or something.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    Meig wrote: »
    Pirates and budgies are both fantastic applications :D they already have the kid playground! Just run with that!

You're giving me ideas. What if the parrot can play on the pirate ship?
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    AllThingsSimsAllThingsSims Posts: 4 New Member
    Parrots would be so cool to see! I wish they added in some more wild animals as well: bears (Outdoor Retreat), Sharks (Island Living), etc!
  • Options
    BlueShreveBlueShreve Posts: 550 Member
    I have wanted birds since pets released. pet bats, owls would be cool too.
    ZH6FuAy.png
    ----> Check out and download my creations HERE <----
    ----> View my Showcase thread HERE <----
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I really loved the pet bird cage from TS2, which had the option of several different types of birds. You could feed them, pet them, talk to them in the cage, possibly teach them to talk or do tricks?; and hilariously, sometimes they would escape from the cage and swoop around the apartment.
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    Wow it will be nice to have parrots in the sims 4 like at a pet shop or a zoo
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes please
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    When did the game last have birds? Was it TS2 or TS3? I remember having them and really enjoying them back in the day.
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    Meig wrote: »

- Clip Wings (this should have negative consequences though)

My ex's family always had their bird's wings clipped and it really hurt thinking of them forcing her to become disabled for their own benefit. (I could go on, but I won't!) I'm not really a bird person and would love to see guinea pigs more than anything, being the guinea pig nerd that I am, but I'd love to see pet birds in the game too. :) All the stuff you've suggested I like the sound of.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Parrots are people too!

(In honour of my pet cockatiel "Coco"... RIP my pretty girl)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    cammeray552cammeray552 Posts: 25 Member
    These should have been included in My First Pet Stuff 😟
  • Options
    MeigMeig Posts: 27 Member
    These should have been included in My First Pet Stuff 😟

I hope the fact that there's parrot content in Growing Together means they're about to fix this huge error...
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    Yes! TS3 had a lot of critters I wish were in TS4, like birds and reptiles and horses and even some occults like unicorns! Especially because IRL my mom has a parrotlet and I have a sand boa!
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I so want 🦜 parrots in Sims 4. It would work perfectly with my Pirate households & Island households.😍