Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    @Karababy52
    Hehe the matchmaking Kim and Michael was optional part of an errand, but I decided to go for it, sorry , Lisa :p

She did taste couple of the dishes, but her energy was so low its a miracle she survived to bed without collapsing:)
    Love the world too... now when you mentioned, foxes... oh my, She is lucky none of those has not eaten any chicken yet.

Nora looks sweet, hilarious face in that first shot :)
    Talking about awkward facial expression during that welcome gang :D
    high maintenance trait? Eww... once tried and the diva was never happy :p
    I liked the look of those mini burgers. Haha "loyal Sims Forever fan" ? Better remember next time :P Sims games are all different, we should know :p
    I like the outfits Thriftea generates. I know many dont. but even without any mods, i so seldom get funny dressing townie anymore (*knocks on wood)

@_Gina
    hehe, yes those chickens make even Lisa to better mood :P Happy birthday Alex! Haha, cool snowpal, fits well to them, tho :D

@BlueSeaWaves ,
    thank you :) Haha yes she is maybe just jealous :p Haha, hilarious pic og Aeri in onsen, those poor boots :D

@DaniRose2143 ,
    thank you :) Its much nicer to play too when she is not complaining to me alll theeee tiiimeeee :D Lovely shot from Tartosa <3 Rainbow is great.

@LonelyWolfTales ,
    lovely familypictures <3

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited February 2023

I feel so bad for Zeph. He and his identical twin sat next to the principal. The principal gave Zeph detention and had a casual conversation with Dylan. Like c’mon.

Why does Zeph look more suspicious than his twin? They literally look exactly the same!

Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • Options

Finally got the screenshots I needed! I swear, Mrs. Prescott has a soft spot for Dylan but something against his twin. 😆

Now, I just need to write an update or two.

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    @Metior_Ice Now that I think about it, Mei Prescott seems to pick one sim out of each group and spends most of her time making life difficult for them.🤔
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Well, the twins were standing in the hall right next to the principal during class, nada.
    @GalacticGal I think the principal was definitely out to get Erik. 😆

Sometime later, she did nab Joey. Again the pranking of the toilet thing. LOL Erik stayed with his brother for most of the time, though. What a guy, huh?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    So after my husband and wife both got pregnant, him by abduction and her by him, the day came.
    He went into labor, gave birth to a purple baby boy (was hoping for blue), got home, fed him and went to sleep. At the same time, their daughter got up to get ready for school. He had only gotten a few sim-minutes of sleep when my wife sim went into labor. This is what I wanted! It was almost perfect timing!
    She is now home:
    4XTY68P.png
    Anybody know why this isn't working? It works properly in another thread. I copied/pasted it from there directly so I know it works in the forums.
    Anyway, she had triplets without any buffs, mods or other help. Now we essentially have quadruplets to deal with!

Triplets, wow. Congrats to your little family. And have fun!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    I feel so bad for Zeph. He had his identical twin sat next to the principal. The principal gave Zeph detention and had a casual conversation with Dylan. Like c’mon.
    Why does Zeph look more suspicious than his twin? They literally look exactly the same!

Expressions on his face? That would be my guess. Erik got accused of being suspicious, too. Ms. Prescott is truly crazy. LOL
  • Options
    edited February 2023

@GalacticGal I don’t know. Dylan and Zeph are different, but they look exactly the same.

That’s one of their most noticeable qualities. Dylan and Zephyr are Identical Twins. I need to find my screenshot of them when they teleported to the same place. Their physical features are truly identical. Even I can’t tell that both of them teleported at the same time… they were merged as one and actually looked like only one of them teleported.

I don’t know how one could look suspicious and not the other. 😆

In the end, Dylan got in trouble after I had him skip class alone. At this point, I truly don’t think Mrs. Prescott knows who is who.

Edit: It’s possible that Zeph made a unique facial expression, but they both can make the same expressions too.

• Options
    edited February 2023

My internet is down, so I can’t upload anything right now. I’m hoping that changes soon.

Edit: My cellphone has data for now, but I don’t know how long that is going to last and it doesn’t help me share pictures. 😭

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Ellupelluellu
    Thanks so much for the comments! <3 Ah, I wondered about that. I haven't tried many of the errands Sims can do for premades in HoB.

Glad she was able to get a couple bites in before she left. Perhaps she can get a fox alarm for the chicken coop by doing errands for livestock upgrade parts. I think at least one is needed to upgrade the coop.

Eh, she could be sweet, when she wasn't freaking out over some minor annoyance. hehe Poor girl was terrified. It only lasted a few minutes though, but later would storm again. She HAD that trait, I got fed up with it and cheated a retraiting potion for her to drink. She's been much more easy going after that. Yeah, she found the Price couple very weird with how they treated each other, but apparently they enjoy being mischievous together. It's kind of sweet in a way. :)

Those burgers did look yummy, I personally would've went with the full meat variety, but she's starting to pack on the pounds. I figured the veggie sliders would be less calories. I'll remember next time, don't want to see Norah looking at me like that again. Scary! o.O

So townies will dress in the Thriftea outfits? That's good to know. Norah will give it a shot at some point. Thanks for the tip! :)

I hadn't planned on another post today, but why not? I have three days worth ready to go. Here's the continuation of Norah's evening and the next day.

pD7bquX.png
    The evening was still young with Norah's needs at a decent level, so she headed over to the area around the Prescott mansion. I was looking for another fishing spot in hopes she could get that milestone task ticked for the Angling Ace aspiration. Happily there is one by the creek waterfall/rapids. The fishing sign was also sparkling which means better fish and mystery box goodies.

She spent some time there until her needs started to tank and I hit the 'go home' button. Norah spun into her swimsuit while standing in the forest. Wait...what? Turns out she thought it would be cool to take a shortcut by swimming around the pier in the harbor. See that yellow dot out there?
    fn3SStH.png
    Sometimes Sims surprise me in how they fulfill ambiguous commands. I thought she'd run back on one of the paths winding throughout this Copperdale neighborhood. It was too late to cancel the action now, so I just let her continue. She was very tired, but still in the yellow, so I was confident she could make it anyway...uh, right? A tiny part of my mind was still a bit anxious. It was a long way back to her lot.

bvRblKZ.png
    Norah's antics did make for a cool screenshot though. Can you imagine doing that in real life? At her age I might've tried something crazy like that myself. It was a warm night, lots of stars twinkling with carnival music serenading her progress. I'd be smiling all the way. There is a full moon too for added ambiance and aid in finding her way. I'm glad she took matters into her own hands. Much more enjoyable watching her do this than just running down a dirt path. Sometimes the game gives you gifts. :)

p71hqHa.png
    Norah glared at me when she reached the shore and walked confidently out of the water. Sorry dear, I never should've had a smidgen of doubt you'd make it safe and sound.

LqrL4Er.png
    Thanks to the magical fishing spot, Norah had enough simoleans to get a few things. Not enough for walls yet, but a free roof piece can work very well for a temporary shelter. All that's needed is a cheap door.

She also bought Starter fruit and veggie seeds since she can't find any native wild garden plants. She got grapes and peas, neither one in season. I could've had her shelter them inside, but they'd look better outside as a bit of landscaping around her shack. Just extend the roof eaves and voila, instant shelter.

aOcoLCJ.png
    Norah bought a blowup mattress and a sink. Another bonus about roof pieces is the free wallpaper. Very nice the default free concrete flooring comes in a variety of colors too.

QzKQvfd.png
    She bought a cheap candlelit lantern too, but it's still quite dark in here. An added window helped to get more light inside at night. Especially during a full moon.

Xe2Ph0N.png
    The skylights in the Werewolves roof pattern helped too and offered a beautiful view at times.

x8Kqqg2.png
    The next afternoon Norah met my all-time favorite Sim, Josh Hunter, when he walked up to mentor her as she fished off the pier. Josh is a Super Sim, I've had him a very long time and played with him a lot. He acts as an NPC now in most of my custom template saves along with a number of my other retired challenge Sims.

O7hD6yT.png
    In every single save I've played where he is in game, he shows up at fishing spots to either fish and/or mentor my current Sim. It's always tempting to get them involved because I love him so much.

(She's a teen Watcher, I'm a young adult. She's cute, I'll admit, but I would never pursue someone so young. It wouldn't be right.)
    Oh really? What about Tessa?
    (Who? I don't know anyone by that name.)
    Oh, right, she doesn't exist here, nevermind.

FSmlHPO.png
    Friendship is good though, Norah needs friends. Thanks to his mentorship, when Josh left soon after, they were already good friends.

I noticed later Norah has arm hair! I'd gotten a pop-up saying she was going through puberty, but just shrugged since I couldn't see it was affecting her at all. I turned off all the Maxis hair options for her. I prefer my ladies clean shaven.

ZdOfNGx.png
    Josh came by for a visit the next day, so I took the opportunity to give him a makeover. Nothing major, just eyelashes, body hair and a new wardrobe.

OlJJoCp.png
    They spent a pleasant afternoon getting to know each other, having a meal and cloudgazing together.

8Fx9tV7.png
    All too soon, it was time for Josh to leave.

r1fnorx.png
    They took a few selfies together and Norah shot a few of just Josh before he left.

iMZFYA1.png
    Bye Josh, see you soon!

d2qR5Rk.png
    I had an idea Norah could do some hacking for extra income. Being focused is ideal for programming. One way to get focused is to ponder moves on a chess table. I later remembered she could browse Simpedia to accomplish that mood, but going to the pier worked out better for her tonight. She met Duane Talla.

I love this IL premade, he's been the love interest of some of my other Sims so I know him quite well. He's a very sweet guy. Doesn't hurt he's cute too. Norah needs friends her own age, she doesn't have any yet. Sofia Bjergsen walked over to watch them play for awhile. I think she'd make a good friend for Norah too.

EoPncwf.png
    She and Duane are now good friends. They took some selfies together before Norah left for the library to practice programming. Back at the shack later, she hung up the best of the photos she'd taken that day before going to bed.

Happy Simming! Hope y'all had a great day/evening! <3
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    Isla Zalrian, Kemps Zalrian’s wife, is Transgender, but I struggle so much with how I design her in CAS.
    Ideally, I wanted to have her be biologically male, but give her a feminine frame… however, those settings wouldn’t work for her relationship with Kemps.
    I tried to make her biologically female and give her a masculine frame, but that didn’t feel right either…
    I may just end up making her both biologically female with a feminine frame… it’s not ideal, but she was a merman that transitioned into being a mermaid…
    If I make Kemps bisexual, it would be the only way to make the relationship work and give Isla the most ideal combination of gender settings… But, I don’t imagine that Kemps is Bisexual either.
    The gender settings definitely aren’t perfect, but I love having the options!

@Metior_Ice There are plenty of straight guys out there who are able to be in relationships with MtF trans ladies. Not all ladies have the same anatomy, that's how they would see it. Maybe Kemps is one of those guys <3
  • Options
    edited February 2023

@mightysprite That’s exactly how Kemps is.

Kemps is devoted to Isla because he sees her as the mermaid she is.

My struggle has more to do with the limitations that come with the settings. I also have extremely limited knowledge on how to best represent someone who is transgender.

Between my limited understanding and the limitations of the settings, I struggle to find the best way to adjust the gender settings and Isla’s appearance.

I do really love having the options. It’s just a struggle because I want to do my best to represent as many people as I can in all my stories.

Edit: I’m not sure how to exactly explain it, but if I made Isla Biologically Male and made Kemps interested in Women… the settings would make them an incompatible couple. I don’t want to do that.

Second Edit: Biological Sex and the Masculine/ Feminine frame are the settings I’m struggling with.

• Options

Paka is actually an example of a Male Sim with a Feminine Frame. Island Living introduced some of the first premades that used advanced gender settings.

• Options
    _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @Metior_Ice
    Hi! I'm not going to claim I'm at all knowledgeable about any of this, but I think when it comes to Isla, she would just want to be female. And if you want her to be in a relationship with Kemps then that's just more reason to make her female. And if she happens to not have been biologically female in the past...? Well, that's backstory material, really. ;D She would probably not want to really dwell on the past in that case, but maybe she has fond memories of Kemps, while they were just friends, supporting her in her quest to become what she was always meant to be.
  • Options
    LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 44 Member
    @_Gina I really enjoyed reading about your Goth family! Made me want to play with them as well :)

@PenguinFoop omg, so many babies! Also I copied and pasted the URL of your screenshot, and when I click preview the image does appear in the post. Strange :(

@Karababy52 wow, your screenshots are so beautiful! And I love Norah as a character.

@Ellupelluellu thank you <3

Today my family was able to save up a few simoleons so this baby finally got his own bed!
    7ilc3Rv.png
    Also a teddy bear and an alien potty.
    K6p0Lhz.png

For some reason Owen hates the teddy bear.
    OzQkejo.png

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he's the only sim in the household without a bed and I'm not planning on getting him one any time soon...
    rDValXd.png

Love day came by and I meshed it with Easter so Mikkel also had something to do. He found two rare easter eggs!
    mPCHfr2.png

I downloaded a mod that makes sims cuddle while they sleep and it makes me so happy! Maybe one day the sims will have a three-sim bed so they can all share *sigh* But for now I just imagine their relationships working differently. Someone prefers a cuddle at night and someone prefers having his personal space.
    FbWcQyh.png

And I'll end it off on a screenshot of their house I really like :) Happy simming!
    L08KWyZ.jpg
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member

@LonelyWolfTales Thanks for the info and yeah, wasn't trying for quadruplets. Lol

Hubby got abducted, came home and when he started showing, immediately tried for a baby with his wife. I wanted the challenge of having two babies born together and raised as twins... again, did not want quadruplets! Lol

• Options
    zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves she has 12k now. She got a golden frog from the dust bunny yesterday but I hadn't saved the game and suddenly there was a power outage so yea...

Aeri girl why u in the hot springs fully clothed..

@Karababy52 Congrats on the roof house, Norah!

@LonelyWolfTales cute alien baby! He looks very cozy in his new bed
    Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member

@Karababy52 ,
    About Thriftea, your playable sims too, if not active, not only townies. But no worries, they forget the outfit right after they leave the lot. Lets say Norah would of followed Cassie, she would of find Cassie dressed like should at Ophelia Villa.

How funny she took the swimming detour :p

her "house" , or mansion if Sean gets to say, id great, that window and roof give indeed great views!
    Hi Josh! <3 Yes I can totally relate it must be tempting to get sims involved with him. I have few myseld who always be there, no matter what save it is, but I try to avoid including same sims into their lives too much, it keeps getting repetitive and weird kind of, if all my new sims hook up with same dude/dudette :D

Ive also learned to like sims I never thought I like, like Knox, thanks to Milla, and Mitchell, thanks to Lisa:)

@LonelyWolfTales ,
    I love that fireplace pic!!!! <3 so cozy, I would not mind if I'd had to sleep in that couch! Lovely house!

it3H3o3.png
    Of course after moonlight dip its lovely to put your toes in deep dirt.
    Km0isZi.png
    some bug fuel, to cover romantic movie
    OJEPLlT.png
    Finally!

mmfCzD5.png
    But of course, it just had started..
    52LBOue.png
    So, lets see what Derek had in mind.
    fxQ2pul.png
    Oh! He showed some pictures from the time Betty was just a calf! so cuuute!!!!
    "Hey! He has working wi-fi!!!"
    ummmh....
    J4FDaIS.png
    He left as fast he came.
    gVD6tBy.png
    Movie was already gone too far, off to dreamland then..
    "I really need to talk to that bloody rooster...zz ZZ zz"

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member

I haven’t played for a few days and haven’t had the update yet. Gotta update some of my mods first.

Wow, four babies at once! I’ve done triplets before and that was pretty crazy, especially when they all cried at once hahaha!

• Options

Thanks everyone for your advice about Isla! I think I know how to best represent her.

@_Gina I think you are right about Isla. I think she would want to appear as feminine as possible.

As an individual, I’ll make Isla biologically female because of gameplay mechanics, but I’m going to give her a feminine frame.

• Options
    I'm not entirely sure but I don't think the principal will do anything if they're in a room during class time. I think they have to be caught in the hallways or outside.

Google search notwithstanding, Erik was just []inside the door[/i] of his desginated classroom, when he was chastised for being late and put on detention.
  • Options
    Oh, interestingly, I went so far as to have the principal in the same room as the twins after the bell… it’s like the principal is hard coded to patrol the halls and ignore rooms. She literally exited the room to patrol with the twins playing their concertos right in front of her!

Do a game repair and see if it makes a difference. Erik was caught, but his brother was let off even though he was caught in the girls bathroom, no less, pranking the toilets. No justice, or at least a two-tiered one. Oi!
  • Options
    @LovelyWolfTales I enjoyed your story. Forgive me for asking, but is the Toddler sick, or are those 'birth marks'?
  • Options

@GalacticGal With my internet down, I can’t exactly do a game repair, but I don’t think I need one. I was able to get the twins caught by the principal and that got me the screenshots I need. I just don’t have a way to upload pictures right now.

I’m hoping that I can upload later today. We will see.

• Options
    @Metior_Ice I'm glad you finally were able to capture the pictures needed to tell your tale. I'm most intrigue at this point. Sorry you've been having issues. Guess, I'm not alone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top