Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need a background check on a Sim

I think I accidentally broke up a family with kids. My second main female Sim took a shine to Major Doty from Windenberg. When a Sim shows autonomous romantic interest in another Sim, I notice it because that hardly ever happens . And it happened with my lady Sim. She met him once and rarely thought about anyone or anything else. The hard part came when I realized he lived all the way in Windenberg and she lives on a tiny farm nestled in the English countryside. Keeping in touch enough to allow the relationship to grow meant I needed him to live closer to her. So, I pulled him out of the All Households list, gave him a makeover and bought a small place for him. As I was decorating his new digs, I wondered if he had anything useful in his inventory. I was not prepared for what I found, then the guilt kicked in.

He had a grand total of over 88,000 Simoleans of expensive household items, including those refrigerators and stoves worth over 20,000. He should be living in a manor house rather than the hovel I built for him. But then I began to see beds and toys and stuffed bears clearly meant for kids and toddlers. Did I just break up a man's marriage and leave his kids without a father? And how did a man whose Aspiration is to own a nail salon manage to amass a veritable fortune while learning his craft? He must be a nail genius is all I can say. But if any of you have played him, do you know if he was married and had kids? I can see this little twist could fit into my storyline. But the kids.....I worry about those pixel kiddos.

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Maybe they were his childhood toys?
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    The only Windenburg Sims I play regularly are Sergio Romeo and Mila Munch. I spilt them from their house and have them as odd roommates! I don’t mind splitting people up as I like to think of my game as a soap opera.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited February 2023
    Shift click the mail box and check for families by his last name, chances are good the game just spawned him in a house with those items and packed them for the world move. I've had the game move single jobless sims in the house I'm enlarging for my family even though it was valued at 500K+ and the bathroom was in the middle of the backyard, LoL. Furnished is furnished. Edited to say I did an MCCC search for Major Doty and no results found so he was probably a random spawn, I though maybe with Major as a title he was Strangerville military that swapped towns.
    Post edited by LuvtehGeeks on
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited February 2023

If you pulled him out of the household list and saw he was all alone, then he has no children or anything. He was probably moved into a premade house by neighborhood stories that already had those toys and beds beforehand. You can also add him to your household and check his family tree to see if anyone’s on there

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Whew. Thanks for the responses. I have played other Sims pulled out of the All Households list but none of them ever possessed that much stuff! I ended up cheating and getting rid of that 88,000 Simoleans. He's going to have to earn his Simoleans through hard work. :)
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    Good Luck :)
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    You could look at all the Windenburg houses and see which one has been deprived of all its furniture :)

He must have lived alone (no family). If there had been a family, you would have seen those other people in the household portrait when you moved him. And the game wouldn't have brought all his furniture, it would have stayed in the home with the remaining sims.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I was hoping he was just a rando the game had generated to fill the world. But I became very confused after seeing all those pricey items in his inventory. I rarely play Windenberg or its citizens, so I had no idea which Sims lived there or where. I had not updated my game for months and wondered if one of the updates had changed the manner in which we can pull Sims from unplayed households and set them up as characters in other worlds. I read all the patch notes and did not see any reference to that being true. At least now I know I am not a homewrecker, and Cecelia and Major are free to let their love blossom. The instant attraction that happened between them is so sweet and isn't something a player gets to see very often. I've already made the decision they will be the first couple to have a baby after the March14th update. Courtship, an engagement, a wedding and honeymoon, building their parenting skills. I have a lot of work to do in the next six weeks. And many thanks to all of you for your assistance. <3
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I had not updated my game for months and wondered if one of the updates had changed the manner in which we can pull Sims from unplayed households and set them up as characters in other worlds.

Yes-- that would be the Neighborhood Stories system update from March 2022.

Here is an overview
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/neighborhood-stories-system

Little bit more detailed explanation
    https://simscommunity.info/2022/03/16/the-sims-4-guide-to-neighbourhood-stories-customisation

There's also an on/off toggle in the Gameplay Options in case you want to turn the entire Neighborhood Stories system off.