Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Actress career or photography career ?

Wich makes more money and can you be a famous photographer?

Comments

• DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited February 2023
    If you want money, paint on the sketchpad.
    Photographer give much more money than acting, but less fame on completion. Also, to make the most of photographer, you will need another sim who is a style influencer.
  • deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member

Why do I need someone who's a style influencer? Just curious

edited February 2023
    There is one gig paying 8800 (without bonus) that requires you to discuss style with a style influencer first.
  • deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member

Ah ok thanks so fame on photography career is bad?

I can't say, considering I always play out of the spotlight. It's probably equivalent in terms of fame/day, considering high level acting is 1 movie every 3 days.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Can't speak about the fame gain in the actual photography career, but just taking photos and choosing "sell to publisher" from the inventory gives a lot of fame.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member

You can also combine different methods of gaining fame. My sim became famous as an actress and an author. She wrote books in the waiting time between gigs. If you want a photographer you could for example also have them stream videos to get fame up more quickly.

There is one gig paying 8800 (without bonus) that requires you to discuss style with a style influencer first

Are you sure the game won't spawn the style influencer if you need one? It feels odd

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Also, there are lots of interactions that add fame and are not directly tied to a career. Posting on social media will add plenty of fame; you can just roleplay as a photographer with an avid Twitter/Instagram following.
  • sillysimmer3sillysimmer3 Posts: 18 Member
    the acting career is fun!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited February 2023
    The public won't relate to your sim's career. If you are famous, technically having so and so many fame stars, they will scream and beg for autographs no matter what you did to earn them. So if your sim earned fame from painting 50 paintings, and then sell one photo, the crowd will behave the same, him being a Photographer or a Fast food clerk by profession.

There might be some interesting career specific differences in how your sim can deal with fame and fans, though. Actresses can arrange a "meet and greet" with fans, they can perform a short act on the street, and they can mingle/party with Producers and co-actors. I think Writers can arrange a reading, and Politicians can probably raise more charity funds etc when building fame. For Photographers, I'm not sure, maybe they just get better paid from selling photos when they are famous?

I like the fame system in TS4, it is very flexible, and if you add a tiny bit imagination, so many stories are possible.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg