Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Update Jan 31

13...Next

Comments

• GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member

"Console Build Mode Improvements

Jumping into Build Mode will feel a little different… well OK, a lot different. Now the Catalog is opened by default and STAYS open as you grab items and interact with the lot. You no longer need to reopen the Catalog and re-navigate to the menu you were in every. single. time.

Regardless of which cursor mode you're in, you can seamlessly interact with either the Catalog or lot, which aligns our console experience more closely to that on PC."

I hate to complain but I'm a confused and concerned Xbox Player haha. Is this optional/ toggled (as in can I keep my controls as they are now) or is the Build Mode I am used to and very much like using changed forever now? I don't want my catalogue to stay open and in my way every. single. time.

I've also heard from other upset console users that the controls are more like a PC cursor now and we are unable to use the d-pad to navigate through colours etc. which will make things very tricky.

Could it please stop being assumed that console players need and want to have the same experience as PC players. If I wanted to experience the game on PC I would buy the game on PC. I feel like "don't fix what isn't broken" needs to be said. I'm going to hold off on updating my game as I don't think I'll be able to comfortably use the new console controls the way they seem to have been changed.

• PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member

The catalog issue aside, one thing I absolutely love about the console update is that we no longer have to use the d-pad to scroll all the way down to the bottom left corner of some menus to close them out. Using RT is definitely MUCH better. An example of what I'm talking about would be "Form a Group."

I haven't had a chance to really explore everything new but at least THAT is a major step up!

As to @GirlFromIpanema, I do agree that using the controller is far different than using a mouse. Just that it was mentioned, makes me nervous. Using the d-pad for navigation is much easier that a pointer. And the scroll bars on the right of those menus are NOT easy to use with the controller sticks.

Thank you for the effort and attention to us console users. Maybe, if you haven't yet, start an input thread for console users and ask us how we would like the game improved for our needs. If you have, I've missed it.

Oh and one more word on the topic: MODS? 🙏 🙏 🙏 🙏

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

@PenguinFoop depending on the console it can be difficult. Microsoft doesn’t really have problems with mods but Sony is really restrictive

• PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member

I don't know anything about Sony. But Xbox shouldn't be made to suffer because of Sony...

Oh and just went into build mode, I don't like that the catalog is always open because it feels weird but it's not that bad. I usually have it open anyway. And the d-pad works as usual so I don't think the pointer is going to be an issue.

Great work so far on the console update and inclusion! Yhank you so much!

• RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Nushka wrote: »
    @Simmerville

I disagree because it's still a tiny part compared to the 23 years of content and features that Maxis did.

I would tell the same thing for Star Wars content, Maxis tries to do a little of everything for everybody.

And that is an excuse for not adding belly scars? I'm not saying we can't have chest scars, I want both :)

I'd rather have scars as their own categories of face scars and body scars but I fully support non gender restricted scars of many types: mastectomy, apendicectomy, open heart surgery, c-section... They could even add stretch marks!

It would also be nice if we could paint on our regular Sims (and not only on werewolves) in CAS. That way we could also have birthmarks, vitiligo, pigment patches, moles.

It would also be nice if shapewear actually shaped our sims' bodies but, seeing that most clothes still sit weird when choosing the category opposite to the sims' sex I doubt we'll ever see that happening.

We will get birthmarks with the new EP! Congrat early ;)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
    Nushka wrote: »
    @Simmerville

I disagree because it's still a tiny part compared to the 23 years of content and features that Maxis did.

I would tell the same thing for Star Wars content, Maxis tries to do a little of everything for everybody.

And that is an excuse for not adding belly scars? I'm not saying we can't have chest scars, I want both :)

I'd rather have scars as their own categories of face scars and body scars but I fully support non gender restricted scars of many types: mastectomy, apendicectomy, open heart surgery, c-section... They could even add stretch marks!

It would also be nice if we could paint on our regular Sims (and not only on werewolves) in CAS. That way we could also have birthmarks, vitiligo, pigment patches, moles.

It would also be nice if shapewear actually shaped our sims' bodies but, seeing that most clothes still sit weird when choosing the category opposite to the sims' sex I doubt we'll ever see that happening.

I'd love to draw on my sims! Bit off topic perhaps, but especially beautyspots I rarely use becase there is tooo few different placements. Would also be cool to have beautyspots on body and not only on face.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Are the hearing aids functional/add gameplay?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Are the hearing aids functional/add gameplay?

No, they are just accessories right now, no gameplay tied tied to them.
    ***PER THE PATCH NOTES*** We have so much new stuff with this release and we can’t wait to dive in and tell you all about it. We do want to make a quick note that while we have added quite a few new assets, these are purely visual and don’t add new gameplay functionality
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited February 2023

Thank you @PenguinFoop and @simgirl1010

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    Melisendre wrote: »
    I'm not sure what to think about top scars. Why are they for masculine Sims? In my language it is translated with mastectomy and this reminds me of breast cancer and not gender transformation. Breast cancer usually affects women.
    It’s meant to be for sims who are transitioning

Then it should only be for female Sims. Males have nothing to be removed. Only females have actual mammary glands, if I'm not mistaken. Males can get 'breast cancer' but I'm hard-pressed to understand just what tissue it attacks? at any rate, I won't be using said scars.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm not sure what to think about top scars. Why are they for masculine Sims? In my language it is translated with mastectomy and this reminds me of breast cancer and not gender transformation. Breast cancer usually affects women.

Then it should only be for female Sims. Males have nothing to be removed. Only females have actual mammary glands, if I'm not mistaken. Males can get 'breast cancer' but I'm hard-pressed to understand just what tissue it attacks? at any rate, I won't be using said scars.

Men can grow breast tissue through hormonal imbalances (called gynaecomastia) and can even lactate in some cases (galactorrhoea).
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member

Males have everything women do, they just lack the estrogen needed to get the fat in the right spot. All babies start as female - the Y kicks in later in development.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    [

Then it should only be for female Sims.

After people transition from female to male, they identify as male.