Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5: What sort of multiplayer game play would you most like

EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
There have been rumors for a while that the Sims 5 will have a multiplayer element. I was wondering if people have preferences for what that would look like. It could be fully multiplayer, where you log in and other people can immediately interact with you.
Another possibility is there might be an offline aspect and a multiplayer aspect. For example, they could have a multi-world system sort of like Sims 4, and most of the worlds are just for the individual player, but there is one multiplayer world that you can chose to visit to interact with other players.
-No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
-Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
-No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Sims 5: What sort of multiplayer game play would you most like 117 votes

Fully, massively multiplayer (No place to hide!)
0%
Dorjidruk 1 vote
Includes an offline component and an optional, massively mulitplayer component.
10%
GothangelmotdkPrincessMeipammiechickSimplyBreaSimSaraEricasFreePlayxManicMelodicxSlackerskipCMDR_SimGuthraiel 12 votes
Fully multiplayer, but limited to people in a group that you have to mutually approve.
1%
celipoesiasWiredTVCraze 2 votes
Includes on offline component and an optional, limited multiplayer component.
44%
EvvieSimmercatmom1987JueJueMsMayTheSpotted_CIsb917jeepdrivinggirlfriendlysimmersdreamerz13alanmichael1barracuda1574pxelskiestaydevGlimmer502011simoneteamjenbixterscyncieSorak4WaytoomanyUIDs 52 votes
If there's so much as a hint of multiplayer, I'm running in the other direction!
42%
CK213Frn0731Sara1010PPrincessrozeeSAyradysslisamwittPlayerSinger2010Tunny1200MonaSolstraaleSimpatsyannSimburianelanorbretonPaigeisin5IObellegoodcakebaker62airotciv54Mikezumistickykissesakuheikomatsulisasc360 50 votes

Comments

• dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I don't mind at least some multi-player option but I don't think Sims should ever go entirely multi-player. One of its charms is being able to do your own thing and be completely in control of your own game going multi-player only would ruin it.

Also in general I prefer games that can be played offline and solo. I like connecting with friends in some games but can't get into games that are exclusively multi-player.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    I don't think The Sims would ever go fully multi-player cuz the Sims is usually about building our own houses/lots etc, and it wouldn't make sense if we could only build on one lot that no one could touch or not get to build anything at all cuz everyone will be editing it.

My guess is if they were to go down this route, perhaps only certain lots would be multi-player and most probably we won't be able to edit the lot, etc.

I personally don't mind a bit of multi-player and I would want an offline version too.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,621 Member
    If the main game is offline with the option to visit other players worlds or engage in an optional online element, I’m okay with that. If the single player game is an afterthought and isn’t fully realized, I’m not interested.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    I don't think a massive multiplayer option is technically possible with this complicated game. I also don't see anonymous adults and minors playing TS together. It would require a severe 18+ rating.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited August 2022
    I am not a fan of multiplayer at all, but I have nothing against the Gallery, which could be considered an online component.

However, a way for mods to automatically update is needed badly. Much like the Steam Workshop, it would make adding, managing, and updating mods so much easier. It is very annoying having to delete old mods, download them again, and then reinstall them every time a patch drops.
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,064 Member
    If there's so much as a hint of multiplayer, I'm running in the other direction!
    I'm not interested at all in a multiplayer game. When I play The Sims it's something I do for alone time. Additionally, I pretty much have zero interest in seeing another Sims installment at this point given the poor job that EA has done with TS4. There would have be a substantial improvement to TS4 before I would even consider purchasing a TS5.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,754 Member
    I prefer to just play solo but the idea of a multiplayer option alongside sounds fun. I would pair this with asking/allowing permission to join a group or another player in a game just for added privacy.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited September 2022
    I mean in complete honesty probably what i would do :lol: maybe id play it for a bit with the forum folk create army of Vlad or something

but I just can't picture myself enjoying multiplayer for more than like day or two really

like real life socializing is draining enough i don't want to also socialize with real people in game that is supposed to be my escape from humanity

maybe itd be bearable if it was just specific world and some chat thing i could completely avoid but also that kinda gives me habbo hotel flashbacks
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • xManicMelodicxxManicMelodicx Posts: 165 Member
    I wouldn't mind multiplayer so long as it was optional, because I do like the alone time etc the game gives me. I think the easy solution would just be a toggle like "let your friends visit you?" and therefore only have people you trust visit you. Because I'd hate if some rando just came over my sims house and destroyed stuff or whatever.

The main problem would be CC... obviously, not everyone is going to have the same CC, and with the fact CC is one of the things that is currently keeping TS4 alive, I worry about the TS5 not having that same community of CC creators etc, if the game isn't as compatible with it's usage.
    9517953f7d116bed59d3d8860ae452cd27577c24_hq.gif
    Origin ID: ManicMelodic
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    None at all.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,891 Member
    edited September 2022
    Im actually quite intrigued by the project... so i read Sims 5 is brainstorming AI so that you will take a picture of yourself and go simming ... That had me stop and think, and i stopped thinking about it when i thought of Kevin Flynn. :blush: and the Master Control Program ! I wonder if they will partner with Disney ...
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,393 Member
    We know that Project Rene will have a building together. I'm fine with this type of multiplayer.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    So it looks like they've gone with option four. Since I'm sure the sims team were watching this poll anxiously before making any decisions, I'm taking credit. :p

You're welcome.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    EA, when it comes to multiplayer, what part of NO don't you understand?
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

I'm wary of any multiplayer aspect of the game.

EA has shown in the past that they will tie rewards to the multiplayer aspect of the Sims games. Just look at Simport from Sims 3. You send your Sims to other players games to perform (rabbit hole, you don't even get to follow) and you can unlock things in the main game.

The only multiplayer I support is the kind that is completely separate from the single player experience and nothing is locked behind doing the multiplayer. And I do mean nothing.

Whether or not it is enough to turn me off of the game would be depending on what and how much is locked behind multiplayer.

• bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    if i wanted to play a multi game id go play wow, but i DONT WANT TO PLAY A MULTI GAME. NOT EVER!
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    If I wanted to play a multiplayer game, I’d play a multiplayer game. The Sims has not once in my 20+ years of playing it been that game.
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    Not gonna lie a Sims MMO sounds kind of appealing to me, but I don't think EA would do a full-on MMO and if I had to choose between an MMO and singleplayer then I'd choose singleplayer. Any multiplayer feature needs to be completely optional and separate from singleplayer.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I wasn't sure what I wanted to vote, really. I've played Sims Online, and very much enjoyed it, for as long as it lasted. It was never advertised in my country, and I wouldn't have played if not for friends in the US (we also ran a sims fansite back in the day, unfortunately we didn't make the transfer to TS2). I had dial-up at the time, and needless to say, it was pretty bad :D I joined my friends house, and eventually I ended up as one of the hosts of a busy skill-house. It was great, I had plenty to keep me busy, and lots of people showed up.

Made some good friends, some of which I kept in touch with for years after. It was crazy at times, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I also joined when they started up EALand some time later. It wasn't the same, everyone I knew in TSO had moved on. That project flopped also.

With the multiplayer part of TS5 being an invite-only thing, I really don't know how to feel about it. None of my friends or family play (some played before, but most of the people I know never played Sims at all), and I'm not comfortable having strangers join me, I feel awkward. I'm a lot more "anti-social" now than I was in my TSO days, and EA won't be able to bring those days back. I'll be treating TS5 as I've done all the others, as a single-player.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    If I wanted to play a multiplayer game, I’d play a multiplayer game. The Sims has not once in my 20+ years of playing it been that game.

Pretty much that.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    I really hope there’s no multiplayer, because even if it is separated from the single player, the development will inevitably optimize for multiplayer, even if it comes to the detriment of single player. I mean, that’s already what happened with Sims 4 being made out of Project Olympus’s scraps. The initial premise of a multiplayer Olympus doomed Sims 4 to being unable to live up to features from past iterations (namely open world).
  • CMDR_SimCMDR_Sim Posts: 6 New Member
    Project Rene Online and
    Project Rene Standalone
    Two separate versions because the current world configuration cannot accommodate an MMO player base.
    Also I’d rather play with like minded souls instead of dealing with salt day in and out…well that in itself can be entertaining.
  • sunnycakessunnycakes Posts: 75 Member
    This is The Sims, not Roblox. While playing with your friends is nice, I hate the idea of a completely multiplayer Sims game.
    Be yourself; life is not about pleasing others, it's about pleasing yourself. Don't try to please others if it makes you uncomfortable. If others judge you for who you are, ignore them. If what you do makes you happy, continue.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    I don't want any multiplayer element whatsoever. You know EAxis would pour all their time and resources into the multiplayer side and let the single-player experience rot.
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    NONE HATE MULTI GAMES. IF I WANTED THAT I'D GO PLAY WOW. WHERE ALL THOSE IKY DUNGENES ARE