Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies January 3rd? ;) (Confirmed to be March 14!)

1234568...Next

Comments

• CharSimsCharSims Posts: 44 Member
    Now we are beginning to see some hints, maybe we will see a reveal trailer on Thursday before the livestream next week? And a closer look at infant related gameplay sometime during the livestream?
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited January 2023
    I think Infants will probably be before expansion pack likely part of the pre update patch? I I also think I could happen any day now but I think they will probably release the infants on 31 Jan, after the community stream
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    I don't think they ever announce or release during stream so I think they will come week or two later
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I don't think they ever announce or release during stream so I think they will come week or two later
    good point I just have a funny felling that the stream has something to do witch it but I've been wrong before it's more just me wishing
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    gamercat wrote: »
    I think Infants will probably be before expansion pack likely part of the pre update patch? I I also think I could happen any day now but I think they will probably release the infants on 31 Jan, after the community stream

I just don't see them releasing infants the same day as the livestream, considering we already got an update earlier in the month, and I've never know the devs to give us multiple updates in a single month. I think they will finally make an official announcement for infants by finally giving us a release date before we get the new EP.
    Phantasi33 wrote: »
    gamercat wrote: »

I just don't see them releasing infants the same day as the livestream, considering we already got an update earlier in the month, and I've never know the devs to give us multiple updates in a single month. I think they will finally make an official announcement for infants by finally giving us a release date before we get the new EP.

I was thinking more they would give a little insight into infant related gameplay or atleast some info. I doubt they would release same day as the livestream.

Maybe a teaser/trailer before or after it but not the update itself.
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    I'm beginning to think February 2nd for the big update.
    Usually update day is Tuesday so maybe 7th
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    lunnarila wrote: »

The sims team used to do game patch livestreams quite some time ago. I understand the Sims has recently gained a lot of new players within the past few years, so it’s possible you haven’t seen them. I just wouldn’t completely rule out the possibility of the patch coming out simultaneously with the stream.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'd really like to see something before the expansion update. Also, if there are issues with the babies (and there will be - not being negative, just realistic about the amount of programming involved), it would give them time to resolve the issues before the expansion.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'd really like to see something before the expansion update. Also, if there are issues with the babies (and there will be - not being negative, just realistic about the amount of programming involved), it would give them time to resolve the issues before the expansion.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Babies will launch March 14th... I didn't expect them today but.... why so long???
    No strollers?
    I figured we'd get them February at this point. Ah well. Very glad to have a date. I do wish they had actually waited to tease us so the wait wouldn't feel so long though.
    lunnarila wrote: »
    No strollers?

I'm wondering if they'll be in the EP.
    This is a very far fetched thought and big REACH so don’t laugh at me too much because I know it’s dumb…but sometimes babies are born earlier than expected, so a surprise drop would cause chaos 😂

I can just imagine my Twitter feed 😂😂
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I would like for my Writer to be able to write Toddler books. There's Children's books, of course, but that's not like babies picture books that toddlers and infants might like to have read to them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I have to ask: is it normal that infants wear glasses? I don't think I ever saw that in RL, but on recent pictures from the future update/pack the infant wear them. A toddler perhaps, but I thought infant was too early to wear glasses on the promo pictures...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    I have to ask: is it normal that infants wear glasses? I don't think I ever saw that in RL, but on recent pictures from the future update/pack the infant wear them. A toddler perhaps, but I thought infant was too early to wear glasses on the promo pictures...
    It is a bit early. Some kids wear glasses for reasons other than vision correction, though. A cousin of mine had a little girl who's one eye was smaller than the other b/c of medical stuff, and she had a pair of glasses that sort of magnified the eye. I've heard of some parents who get goggles instead of glasses, so their kids won't pull them off and damage them. But in the Sims, I guess it's never a problem.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Sarah26Cat wrote: »
    It is a bit early. Some kids wear glasses for reasons other than vision correction, though. A cousin of mine had a little girl who's one eye was smaller than the other b/c of medical stuff, and she had a pair of glasses that sort of magnified the eye. I've heard of some parents who get goggles instead of glasses, so their kids won't pull them off and damage them. But in the Sims, I guess it's never a problem.

But this sounds more like medical treatment than regular "I need glasses later in life". Makes me wonder if it is actuallly hinting that this coming EP will also have some medical treatment stuff? Elders, anyone? Maybe there will be more to it than the Dentist?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    edited February 2023

I work at a daycare and whilst it is rare, we do occasionally see some infants with glasses. They are almost more like goggles, that go around the head to keep them on.

It’s possible that it’s a new medical wearable in a future update but most likely just regular glasses.

Post edited by CharSims on

For reference, these are infant glasses:

And here is an example of them actually being worn by an infant:

(source: https://www.abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/baby-overjoyed-glasses-time/story%3fid=32416546)

I’ve seen them worn both for medical needs and also vision needs.

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    CharSims wrote: »
    I work at a daycare and whilst it is rare, we do occasionally see some infants with glasses. They are almost more like goggles, that go around the head to keep them on.
    It’s possible that it’s a new medical wearable in a future update but most likely just regular glasses.

I was just coming on to say that. I worked in Vision Care and though we never had an infant (couple of toddlers) in my time there I did see the glasses they generally prescribe for wee ones. That picture is so cute.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion