Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Positive Thoughts Thread

Β«13456737
simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Just a heads up. Expansion title and screenshots have leaked. Please do not post them in this thread as @EA_Cade does not take kindly to leaked info. Thanks!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Description also leaked. :blush: Sounds great so far. Can't wait for the trailer now. :smiley:
  • aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    edited February 2023

I am interested to see more of the world. Hope to see that in the trailer tomorrow. I also want to see some of the core features.

tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited February 2023

Oh my I'll just say i looked into the leak and this ep name is very much reminding me of another fun ep we have i do hope to not confuse the two if its correctly translated *cough* was that vague enough πŸ˜‚

also looking forward to new families I hope none of them has cheerful trait so i don't feel like ruining their lives

⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I googled it and I think I need to find out a lot more before I can form an opinion.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    The trailer is tomorrow. Not after two days, not after a week. This short wait should be positive enough, no?

Anyway, let's see if I have more to share tomorrow...
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Oh my I'll just say i looked into the leak and this ep name is very much reminding me of another fun ep we have i do hope to not confuse the two if its correctly translated *cough* was that vague enough πŸ˜‚
    also looking forward to new families I hope none of them has cheerful trait so i don't feel like ruining their lives

LOL, I follow! ;) Everytime there is a new pack title, I do "taste" on the short version. When the initials are the same as an older pack, I think - Bummer, why couldn't they come up with a unique name :) Cottage Living is a good example. We already had CL for City Living, so I try using CoL for Cottage Living. But, it gets confusing that some pacjjs have 2 letters while others need 3 ;) Well, we need to get details confirmed tomorrow. Even when somthing is leaked there is a chance the leaked stuff is old.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • CrazyMotherCoolCrazyMotherCool Posts: 17 Member
    I hope that there is gameplay for our senior…
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member

I'm sure this will be great! I was wondering where Graham had gone. He's my favorite Sim Guru.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    11AM EST! It's 7:16 pm here. Is it too early to go to bed? πŸ˜„
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited February 2023

At this point, everything coming down the line related to family gameplay is icing on the cake for me. πŸ˜€

Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    11AM EST! It's 7:16 pm here. Is it too early to go to bed? πŸ˜„

Just a little but I hear ya!
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 637 Member
    I'd like some more information before I decide if this pack is actually going to be good. But I do like the idea that everyone is getting the infants in the base game update, pretty much guarantees that some new features will be locked behind the EP but that gives those who are interested in family style gameplay the option to invest in the EP or not.

I am curious though what sort of gmeplay we're going to get. I don't just want hollow events or more moodlets/sentiments/lifestyles/likes and dislikes that don't really affect our Sims beyond a day or so.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member

@simgirl1010 thank you for pointing out that there have been leaks. I went to search for them right away. They look very promising. I'll wait until we get the official information to start talking about them here.

• Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    Haven't been on the forum for a while due to a busy life :( Haven't been able to play the sims for a while too :')
    But I am super excited for this EP. Hopefully they'll get some new activities and such for the entire family. Not just focussed on babies and infants.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited February 2023

I am looking forward to this pack. I've been trying to play family style for a couple of years now, but each time I lose interest the moment my sims' kids age up to children. Toddlers are amazingly detailed, adorable and chaotic. Babies aren't particularly interesting, but with the infants update reframing them as newborns, this makes sense (I am looking forward to infants!). So I have three life stages that make me feel attached to my sims' kids, and I enjoy playing with them... Then they age up and I just can't bring myself to care about them anymore. Children feel too old, like they're 11 instead of 8 - it feels like I should be making them act like pre-teens instead of making them play with teddy bears. This feels too jarring for me - I want them to be cute and run around and play hopscotch and tag etc. I want to take them to a park and for them to stay busy the entire time with a variety of activities, including interactions with kids and adults that don't require objects (ex. playing mermaids in the pool, playing tag, playing those hand-clapping games etc.); I want to be able to give kids fun things to do at my community lots without being limited to a crafts table or a swing set, to hang out in a treehouse with "no boys allowed" signs and have sleepovers and birthday parties with balloons and party hats and milkshakes. The childhood experience is completely lacking in TS4 for me - I don't feel nostalgic about anything TS4 offers children, which breaks my emotional attachment. I dislike the narrow range of child aspirations, and the child skills are inconvenient to me rather than adding depth. If this pack adds to or revamps childhood aspirations and skills, I would be much more willing to invest the time into completing them. If this pack fleshes out childhood, it would have a massive positive impact on my playstyle - then I might actually stick around long enough to play with teens.

I don't own High School Years, so I don't know whether it would make my teens feel more fleshed-out. Hopefully this pack won't neglect teens bc of HSY. Something I do feel strongly about regarding the content included in HSY, however, is that teens (once again) feel too old. HSY teen aesthetics and activities do not feel youthful to me - most of them feel like YA things, or teens trying to be YAs. Parenthood adds some teen angst that I enjoy, but there is more to be desired for me regarding nostalgia around being a teenager. I hope that things like slumber parties, sleeping bags, teen parties and prank calls will be in this EP. It would be fun if teens can lie on the couch, bed, sleeping bags and floor in a special way while eating snacks and/or watching a movie. Teenagers could have special gossip interactions and be more preoccupied than adults in learning about their peers' lives, enjoy talking with their friends over the phone or landline for hours, paint each others' nails and give makeovers, and have fun flipping through the pages of a variety of magazines (that can be delivered to your mailbox if you subscribe to magazine delivery, or newspaper delivery if you prefer that). There are many things that would go a long way in making teens more unique instead of mini YAs that attend school.

Finally, I really hope elders are made more special in this EP. It would be lovely to get more interactions and buffs for them, at the very least - especially with family members and old friends. Walking canes, dentures, Bingo, scrapbooks... Funerals. Hopefully funerals would come in a basegame update soon. I think funerals came with TS3 Generations - it would be a very good addition to the game, making death feel more meaningful as a part of life.

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I wish we had that pack now. I so want to do a makeover on the family; like fixing that poor mother's hair. ;)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited February 2023

there certainly is some type of Voldemort in that hair πŸ˜‚

or maybe that is where she stores her dragon eggs makes sense

⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    Loved the games <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Excited for
    • Puzzles
    • Treehouses
    • More skin details
    • Sleeping bags
    • Slumber parties
    • The water park
    • If we're getting a return of video cameras, heck yeah I love that the most
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    edited February 2023
    I really liked the trailer. Definitely seems like an awesome pack.

And they are adding more board games! This is so cool! Now there is more than cards, Don't Wake the Llama, and... Sabacc...

And it is great to see elders get some attention too. A lot more than in Generations it seems. Though it is sad not to see the walking canes return, it seems like they are getting some great additions.

And building the treehouse. That is cool. And... Are you telling us we can put objects in the treehouse? So instead of that telescope, we can have a kiddie pool for example.

Can't wait for more info!