Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I WILL NOT PURCHASE SIMS 5 IF…

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,402 Member
    I will not purchase sims 5 if
    - it is a subscription (a total and complete no, never gonna pay monthly)
    - if it is multi player only
    - if it will be realism only. I want occults, not necessarily in base game but at the very least starting with the early DLC
    - if Sims 5 is missing too many basics (like toddlers, pools ghosts,... . I waited with Sims 4 until we had toddlers and will do the same with Sims 5 if too much is missing
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    But I love the sims 4 better than the sims 2 and 3
  • Velvet_LiliesVelvet_Lilies Posts: 56 Member
    This is a tough one, in my case I would say that I will not get the sims 5 as long as it's inferior to the sims 4.

And I say "as long as" because it's pretty much inherent to the base game + DLCs system. There's no way the Sims 5 base game will be as complete as all of the stuff we currently have for the sims 4 even if they include all the necessary stuff like toddlers, pools etc. At best it might bring different (?better?) graphics and some slight gameplay tweaks to the table but I will never forget how bored I was when I first played the sims 4 base game after all the crazy stuff we could do in the Sims 3 franchise. It felt like starting over in the most frustrating way.
    na3uewksu9ny.png
    My Tumblr • • • My first story: "The New Kid" ←
    • • • • •
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    If it’s online multiplayer only I’m out. If they include the option to play offline but most features or the best ones are only for online players I’m out then too. Those are really the only nonstarters. Anything else I’ll listen and check it out before I make up my mind.

Yep, couldn't have put it better myself. For people that would enjoy multiplayer, great, options are always good, but forcing us to, or making us lose out on parts of the game if we don't? Not cool.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited January 2023
    Cynna wrote: »
    Count me out if Project Rene spends so much time trying to be viable on a flippin' mobile phone that the PC portion has to suffer. I've had enough of that lowest common denominator stuff with TS4.

This. What is the point of buying a gaming PC and then getting a mobile game for your one game of choice? There is already a Sims Mobile for mobile players. Sims 1 was a PC game... and those of us who have purchased and played all of the iterations, we're PC players. The greediness of trying to make a product appeal to all platforms is going to result in a product that gets discarded by the longtime loyal fans immediately and then shortly after by the new mobile"fans" when the next mobile bling game app becomes downloadable.
    I will not purchase Sims 5 if:

1) The game is not open-world. I'm not settling for open-neighbourhoods (that's a cop-out).
    2) If there isn't a way of locking people out of my game. I don't want multiplayer, I don't want someone roaming around in MY house, in MY world...in my game...trying to ruin my sim's spousal relationship. I don't play this game to socialize, I play it to get lost in my own little world.
    3) If the game looks anything and plays anything like Sims 4. I'll stick with Sims 3 if that's the case and say goodbye to Sims when I can't play the game any more.

For your #2, I'm more worried about my game being hacked or corrupted by an attacker leveraging exploitable bugs in the multiplayer game. I don't play multiplayer games at all, but I've heard stories about players ruining other players experiences just for the lulz :neutral: And based on EAs history of buggy Sims updates and releases... I don't trust them to have a shift-left mindset during development. I want an option to play entirely offline as a single game solo worlds player. I don't want anyone in my game for any reason, and with these kind of "options" what security risks is EA opening up my game to?
    Post edited by nanashi-sims on
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited January 2023
    merging comment with one above
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Personally, Sims 5 will probably a VR, Multiplayer nothing game. :s No thank you very much.
    My next new game is going to be Disney Dreamlight Valley on PC. :p

If they do that, they are misguided because the VR community is already thriving with excellent ways for people to go about in social and exciting places, enjoy concerts and raves, watch movies together with friends they know both irl, and people they meet in VR space. Trying to duplicate that and sell it as a game would be silly and wasteful.

I'm hopeful that any VR would be well executed but...well... it's not a company renowned for that.

Personally, I would pay for it gladly if I could slide into Windenberg as one of my own characters or as a townie (that needs to be a choice I think) and go play darts at the pub, go hang out and play chess with Wolfgang Munch and wander the mazes with the Knights of the Hedge. Or go dance with the Spinmasters though learning those moves would be both fun and hilarious, and I would NOT be attempting any backflips. Not even while just standing. VR sickness hits hard.

But yes, I would jump at the chance to do all that in VR. First person view is nice but VR is amazing.

If it were a subscription, it needs to be reasonable and even then, I would not do it forever. I rotate subscriptions for streaming content because doing them all, all the time, can sink my financial ship pretty fast.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I definitely wouldn’t purchase it if were subscription based nor if it doesn’t have all of the life stages. I still have bad memories of waiting forever for the toddler stage in Sims 4….
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • bionibotsbionibots Posts: 2 New Member
    If this game
    - is a multiplayer game
    - online-game
    - multiplayer with the single-player mode
    - is subscription based
    - lacks a feature to create own worlds
    - lacks a feature to rename your own worlds
    - lacks in at least having (half-open neighborhoods)
    - saves names (instead of numbers)
    - has no color wheel (without a doubt an absolute no-no)
    - remains to be stale with not enough animations for gameplay (including more depth to relationships between adults, siblings, and friends)
    - does not have a fleshed-out personality system as in previous games like TS2 and TS3
    - has no option to have multiple best friends (there are humans who have more than one best friend)
    - please no more bulky, chunky, too big, ugly, or over-the-top meshes in all categories. (CC creators are doing better jobs - step up)

I don't want it and I'm not interested in this. :s I stick with TS4 and older as long they work. B)

But if this game has
    - meaningful relationships, that have effects based on behavior
    - a fleshed-out family tree with editable relationships in CAS (Aunts, Affairs, Boy/Girlfriends, etc.) in CAS
    - Lifestages, of course, Baby, Infants, Toddler, Children, Teens, Young Adults, Adults, and real Elders
    - Depth in character (more traits, zodiac signs, likes, and dislikes all tied to Life Aspirations/ Life Goals)
    - provides high-quality assets in texture and meshes
    - makes sure that a Quality Team delivers (with enough testers) Quality Checks and Devs fix major issues before the launch (yes it's possible - look at other games, there are a bunch who are able to deliver constant same quality)
    - an option to save clothing styles in CAS and apply them to categories of our desire.
    - an option to apply makeup/acc to all categories
    - an option to create your own outfit category (Dates, Family Gatherings, Festive Events, whatever, etc.)
    - way more variation regarding skin-details vitiligo, wrinkles, birthmarks, full body freckles, etc. (TS4 is a joke)
    - nails, eyelashes, body hair, more tattoos (something skully/fower-ish (with a bad boy/girl vibe) on the chest, LOL)
    - A variety of everyday plain hairstyles all ages, genders, and races (especially, classic bob, long straight/wavy,/curly hair, and updo (Ballerina Dutt, Man Bun)
    - grouped sets of meshes that can be used separately (e.g. hutch, shelving units with decoration elements)
    - Low sideboards as bookcases, low sideboards in general
    - a ton of basic clutter for all rooms (modern everyday clutter for all rooms that have been sold to us in kits, don't forget tableware)
    - sleek modern, elegant mesh designs in Maxis-Match (CC quality - Maxis-Match CC creators I'm looking at your incredible work)
    - Implement iconic and cute features from previous games (and look what the CC Community did here e.g. freezer bunny, Cowplant Skulls, implemented as CAS assets in accessories)

I pay the full price for this at launch as I want this and more! :D <3

Basegame ;) should have - no excuse whatsoever:

- Weather
    - Pets
    - all basic features (come on a pool without a diving board is like a kitchen without counters or stove)
    - Depth in gameplay. A very good fleshed-out relationship (also dating) system with consequences (Emotions and behavior do have consequences in real life.
    - Implement fun interactions like refusing, canceling, calling off the relationship, being on a bad term if they disagree, etc. )
    - Basic animations "chilling on the ground, on the sofa, on the bed, cuddling, holding hand in hand, walking hand in hand) I miss togetherness!
    - Stargazing (Couples hug each other and look up into the sky) friends sitting on the ground and lookup)
    - Meaningful cute animations (sitting on the ground and chatting, reading a book on the bed, couples cuddling after woohoo), etc., watching TV while chilling on a sofa (not just sitting - different variations)
    - Color Wheel in all categories (CAS/BUILD/BUY) with a base neutral
    - way more standard jobs (you can join them)
    - Venues Types (regardless if hidden or not provide a matching venue type on the gallery)
    - Gallery should contain filters added by year, and must-have criteria before uploading (how many beds/bathrooms, family-friendly yes/no, etc.)
    - Allow games to take in-game screenshots for Gallery uploads.
    - more Gallery-Poses based on Relationships set up in CAS.
    - Preventing Features (to copy creation and claim it as yours, or getting awarded by Maxis for being a thief)
    - add modern (2020+) designs across all categories
    - The opportunity to create our own catalog categories as in TS2 (we should be able to categorize items based on our needs)
    - each room category should have their own misc category

At all times it always should provide complete sets for all ages and in CAS/BUY/BUILD.
    This game needs a way more stable and consequent structure :|

The general approach should be done as follows:
    - Provide slots for new assets (e.g. piercings are new, add a new slot)
    - new skin detail (new slot) - don't squeeze them into categories they don't belong
    - give a few custom slots (so CC creators can use them)

Incomplete full sets of one style are simply horrid! :s

- Dining (always provide a matching single, double (classic), and long (conference) table)
    - Lights (for wall, ceiling, floor, outdoor)
    - Beds (always one style for all ages (babies, toddlers, single, and adults)
    - Floors and Walls should have modern styles and match/complement each other
    - Windows/Doors/Arches (if more than one height - make this one style available for all heights)
    - Stairs/Spindreles, Columns, Railings, Fences (complete sets)
    - Clothing (top, bottom, shoes)If outfits have more than one piece, separate the meshes as well and give us those so that we can reuse them with other assets)

Self-Evident things that should not need to be mentioned but done!
    - deliver the same quality standard for all assets
    - complete sets in all areas
    - make assets functional where it makes sense (candles, light switches, etc.)
    - all assets should have a base neutral / muted color palette including black and white. This should be standard and pretty self-evident.

Structure your DLCs
    - all DLCs in CAS should have the same amount of meshes for all ages/genders and at least be converted/adopted! No Gender/Age Discrimination!
    - clearly communicate the distinguished difference between all packs
    - make sure it's cross-compatible and works will all future DLC before you publish it
    - expand features in older DLCs if you have new ones (e.g. club system in Get Together did get new features but no new club icons)
    - don't cut the costs on Quality Testing before publishing. The community should not be your beta-tester for paid content!

The inconsistency in quality in TS4 regarding meshes, function, and textures is simply insane and super bad! Hope that's a lesson for future releases. (I doubt that but yeah it's annoying)

A business company should always provide high quality - and this is not the job of the community!

We are so freakin' advanced in technology compared to more than 20 years ago. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it - this should be all possible if I look at all other games and what they can do! But we will see what TS5 will look like and if it will have way better features - Honestly? there are NO excuses why all this should not be possible! :#

Overall I have sort of doubts that we will get much improvement compared to TS4 - this could be the best version. It's possible but passion and love for this game would need to be the driving force! <3
  • LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 44 Member
    I will definitely not purchase the Sims 5 if it doesn't have any improvements in the base game which will make me want to shift from TS4. Similar to multitasking in TS4 thanks to which I decided to eventually leave TS3.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Im not buying another broken game. With the turn out of 3 and 4 is going to be left in worse state than 3. It's been very clear that micro transactions are more important than bug fixes and quality gameplay.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    im not a fan of the color wheel
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    garapoes wrote: »

I'm hoping there are basic swatches for those of us who just want to slap down a couch.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    If it's not an open world.
    I really do believe it' not a lot to ask now in these times. And EA should have enough resources to create something like that
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,648 Member
    telemwill wrote: »

I'm hoping there are basic swatches for those of us who just want to slap down a couch.

From what I saw there are three options, the standard swatches, a color wheel, and the ability to input RGB values. I love the RGB option. I only need to google the shade I want, input the numbers, and I have the exact color and shade I need.

That is a game changer in my eyes. No more having to skip a sofa design for example, because it doesn’t have the right color option for the room. We can get that now if we want to go through Sims4Studio, but most people don’t want to hassle with that. With RGB values we can do the same recolors in game. That sofa or chair design you love will always work in any build you choose.🥰
  • CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    I tend to skip a sims series. It appears it'll be #5 I'll skip. I've skipped #3 too. This started because I bought all of the stuff for #1 and #2. Are there more people feeling the same way about it? I've spend a lot of money on this iteration already. It should last me a long time ;)

(Even though longevity in games is a thing of the past now.)
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

From what I saw there are three options, the standard swatches, a color wheel, and the ability to input RGB values. I love the RGB option. I only need to google the shade I want, input the numbers, and I have the exact color and shade I need.

That is a game changer in my eyes. No more having to skip a sofa design for example, because it doesn’t have the right color option for the room. We can get that now if we want to go through Sims4Studio, but most people don’t want to hassle with that. With RGB values we can do the same recolors in game. That sofa or chair design you love will always work in any build you choose.🥰

Thank you for explaining this to me! I had no idea what RGB numbers were. It sounded scary and complicated, but you made it seem way more approachable. Watching the Summit I was wondering if I would even have the skills to decorate my house! 😂
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,648 Member

Thank you for explaining this to me! I had no idea what RGB numbers were. It sounded scary and complicated, but you made it seem way more approachable. Watching the Summit I was wondering if I would even have the skills to decorate my house! 😂

You’re welcome. RGB is fairly easy and you can google the numbers for pretty much any color you can imagine. There will still be the old familiar options along with some new ones. I’m pretty excited by the few peeks I’ve gotten of what’s coming for build/buy. It looks like there will be something for every skill level.
  • Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    Ciralinde wrote: »
    I tend to skip a sims series. It appears it'll be #5 I'll skip. I've skipped #3 too. This started because I bought all of the stuff for #1 and #2. Are there more people feeling the same way about it? I've spend a lot of money on this iteration already. It should last me a long time ;)

(Even though longevity in games is a thing of the past now.)

I think you and I are almost opposites, but similar fashion. I owned all of Sims 1, skipped 2 because I was a teenager at the time and my mom thought it looked a little too adult. Then I bought all of 3, and eventually all of 2 aswell, but after 3 was out and it was ridiculously reduced in price. It might have been used too. Now, 4 I had been skipping until they made it free to play, and announced they were working on 5. I thought "Hey, why not." I have a few expansions for 4 I got when it was on sale, but don't intend to buy everything. I'm really hoping I will like 5 when it comes out.
  • Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member

With Sims 3, I used the wheel to choose a color scheme for my room, then I used the numbers and ctrl-c, ctrl v to copy and paste across pieces of furniture so I could keep things consistent, where I wanted to use them. There were a few objects and mainly custom textures that were buggy and wouldn't look right, even with the same numbers, but for the most part that worked If you want your chairs to match the couch.

It was also possible to save the furniture piece in the swatches you gave it, to the catalog, so you could use it again, and to share those with others. So I have no doubt in Sims 5 you will be able to have plenty of versions on whatever "Gallery" they come out with for sharing things.
    The defaults right now are simple, because the game is still in testing. That might change too, as players playtest it.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sims 5 is a definite NO from me. Not after 3 and 4.
    And with Grant in charge of it.....he royally screwed up 4 with City Living and situational outfits.
    Just no. I'll wait for 4 to be finished and then mod the heck out of it after there is no more updates.

I'll just go back and forth between 3 and 4. And an occasional play of 2. Or even 1.

It's lost it's lustre and newness and fun. I don't think there's anything they could "wow" me with to make me interested in it.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited February 2023
    I WILL NOT PURCHASE SIMS 5 IF:

EA continues this trend of limiting the game because of people playing on "minspecs" computers, which was stated why the new world coming in the Growing Together EP is only coming with 12 lots once AGAIN!

I'm sick of it! They charge an outrageous amount of money for nothing! I can't even have my entire extended family live close to each other in these tiny worlds because there's only 4 Lots per neighborhood! Who only has 4 houses in a neighborhood?!!!

ONE FREAKING LOT LOADS AT A TIME! NOT THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    I won't purchase Sims 5 if EA is not interested in actually creating an enjoyable game. I'd like the repetition of previous Sims games where they put a lot of thought and care into even the base game alone and followed up with the rest of the packs. I'm probably being overly hopeful here.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 59 Member
    I will not purchase Sims 5 if I don't have the money.
    I will not purchase Sims 5 if I do have the money.

I'd rather dump the cost of the Sims 5 base game in the stock market and hope for the best.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Am shifting to not under any circumstances or offered enticements. Confidence has hit rock bottom and is looking for a shovel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top