Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Infants Coming March 14!

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    I would much rather have a longer wait if it means good quality
    (more detail, more fun, not bugged six ways to Sunday.)
    gen3-banner.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,658 Member
    I finally had a chance to watch the stream and get a look at the infants. What I loved the most about them was...everything! I'll have to get my werewolf save out and try out the infants on 3-14. My story saves aren't at the point where kids become part of the storyline, but now when they are ready I can have proper little ones to make the stories even better.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    Anything about strollers??? This is so requested over the time so I think it’s a real disappointment if it won’t be included

No idea, but I would guess that *if* the upcoming EP is about Family/Generations we might get some stuff (incl. strooller) for the infant (+ toddler) stage in that pack?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the wait if they hadn't hyped this up since October. They should've dropped the first bit about infants with that teaser that came out a couple of weeks ago instead of October. That's almost half a year's wait for the update.

I agree. The wait is long. I'm a bit disappointed about the date.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    This probably belongs in the unpopular opinions thread but I'm sorta glad we didn't get infants today. I have quite a bit going on in my game and I still haven't even decided which of my sim sisters will have a baby.

Juliette, my oldest triplet, already has two kids so that leaves middle sister Hannah and youngest sister Isabel. Both of whom I've neglected while mainly playing Juliette.

• Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    well its two options for me: two more months of Sims 3, or put a sim through college?
    Actually it's six weeks. It'll be here before you know it. :)
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited February 2023
    I love how people want EA to rush infants then complain about them being broken on release.. this a whole new life stage it needs tons of coding and work

But with things like EA app bugs yeah it should be bug free by now
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023
    graventhe wrote: »
    I love how people want EA to rush infants then complain about them being broken on release.. this a whole new life stage it needs tons of coding and work

No one wants them to be rushed or buggy. But by the time they come it will be almost half a year since they announced it which is a long time both by their standards and by industry standards for a patch.

They haven’t released anything substantial since July 2022 so a patch in February 2023 isn’t exactly rushing. If they’re broken now they’ll almost certainly be broken in March.

The community has jumped to conclusions about when the patch would be and are partly responsible for getting their expectations up, but Maxis could have been better at setting expectations for sure. They’ve known people have been excited and keeping pregnant sims since the start of January, and they’ve made no effort at all to tone that down until today.

It’s only natural that people are disappointed that ‘early 2023’ turns out to be one of the latest dates you could possibly get away with calling it that.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I agree 100% with what you said @JustinB113! Why tease that infants were coming "Early 2023" and then announce the actual release date at the end of the 1st month of the year (which is when simmers assumed they'd actually be releasing them) only to make the community have to wait ANOTHER 6 weeks!

Why couldn't they have just said releasing March 2023. Was it to keep the hype train up since they literally have had nothing substantial for new content? I don't consider fluff and stuff clutter and CAS items "new content". That does not make the game any better, that only adds new visuals that your sims don't even interact with nor react to so those offer very little to me personally.

They should know by now that whenever they say vague time-lines that simmers always jump to conclusions from their wording such as "in the coming weeks", people always assume that means in about 2-3 weeks, but in reality it's typically 3-4 months or sometimes longer.

To me personally when I read "Early 2023" I too assumed it would occur in the first few months of 2023, not 1/4 way through the new year.

While I'm not too upset at the release date information because I'm tied up with RL things and haven't been playing, I do feel extremely sad for the simmers who have been building up their hopes of them coming soon and holding back playing certain saves in anticipation of them releasing them much sooner. I think it was a little bit of a misleading statement on the marketing side of things.

So, now I'm assuming for Project Rene's "still years out" statement, we're actually talking maybe another 5 years before it's finally released. I might have lost total interest in The Sims by then if their recent lack of content continues in the same manner. CAS and BB kits don't entice or inspire me to play. I haven't updated nor even opened my game since well before the last kits released prior to the undie kit and horrid bathroom kit and I probably won't until the new EP is released.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    It looks like they really put a lot of effort into the infants as well as the gameplay surrounding them.

Adorable.
    Infant-4.jpg
    Aaaaah I didn't even notice the baby's hair. Reminds me of my little sister when she was a baby, before she learned about swears and Tik Tok. Adorable.
    This probably belongs in the unpopular opinions thread but I'm sorta glad we didn't get infants today. I have quite a bit going on in my game and I still haven't even decided which of my sim sisters will have a baby.

Juliette, my oldest triplet, already has two kids so that leaves middle sister Hannah and youngest sister Isabel. Both of whom I've neglected while mainly playing Juliette.
    Weirdly enough, I'm in the same boat. My current gen's heir just got married and are expecting their first child. I want to start playing with infants with the next gen's kids, so by then they would have a lot more family members.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    My poor households can't have new babies yet. :'(
    I guess I'll just focus on my already full families & singles only households for now. ;)
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I just got one of my sims pregnant by Vlad. She is so cute pregnant. Now I'm ready for this update and for the new EP. So excited!
  • VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    My question now is.. what am I supposed to do until March 14th! I don't want to have any babies because I don't want to miss out on the new life-stage... but.. it is what it is! lol.

I understand the wait, I'd rather them have it as polished as they can.. though.. that hasn't been the case for a lot of packs recently; but then there's this part of me that was really hoping for maybe like a mid to even-late February release. I suppose it makes me a little sad because we haven't gotten any other new content (and I don't count kits because that's just buy/build and cas because what even is game-play kits.. poor Bust the Dust..) but new content hasn't came out since like what.. July of 2022??
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    edited February 2023
    The infants do look very similar to toddlers. I would love for them to be a bit more pudgy and have shorter necks. Also, I wonder if they can sit with their legs forward.

file-20210302-19-1i1hcqw.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&rect=797%2C0%2C2420%2C1192&q=45&auto=format&w=1356&h=668&fit=crop
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd love to know the size of babies compared to toddlers on one photo the infant and toddler look to be about the same size while on this one the toddler towers of the infant such bad angles. Fn0ZH28agAAVoa4.jpg

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 486 Member
    I agree that it’s pretty bad for them to have first told us about the infants back in October as coming ‘early 2023’, then to hype up last night’s Behind the Sims - only to tell us to wait another 6 weeks until mid March. It doesn’t bother me personally. I’ve just been getting on with my game as normal and kind of trying to forget about the infants as I’m not good at waiting! But I feel bad for those whose games have been on hold for months already.

I wonder if they meant to release them earlier than this, and then found some issues that needed fixing? I don’t mind a longer wait if it means they’ll work well and not break our games/be really buggy. But some better communication would have been helpful to calm expectations. And I do love what they’ve showed us of the infants - I’m really looking forward to having them in my game!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    The infants look good. I can't wait for them to arrive. But looks like we have one and a half month of waiting time left. :( infants were promised at the beginning of 2023 but 14th of March is no longer the beginning of the year. The beginning of the year would mean the beginning of the first quarter, not the end of the first quarter. I feel so dumb, I should have seen this surprise extra waiting time coming. At least we now have an actual date.

I don't get the meet the Michaelsons thingy. The woman is holding an infant which won't be in the game until a month and a half later? That's a weird decision.

That means the EP Trailer is coming Thursday. They're one of the new premade families.

Thanks. For some reason I thought this tweet was meant to tease simmers about infants. I didn't consider it might be EP related.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I don't get the meet the Michaelsons thingy. The woman is holding an infant which won't be in the game until a month and a half later? That's a weird decision.

I don't think we're actually getting the EP this week, we're probably just getting the official announcement about the EP this week. Probably they will release the EP and the infants at the same time, or at least the same week.

An EP this week? Did anyone seriously expect that? If my comment suggested that I expected an EP this week then my English must be very bad. For some odd reason I did not think of this as an EP teaser.
    Aeriexo11 wrote: »
    well its two options for me: two more months of Sims 3, or put a sim through college?

For me it will be some time with sims medieval ;) that way I don't have to constantly focus on the wait for infants
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    graventhe wrote: »

No one wants them to be rushed or buggy. But by the time they come it will be almost half a year since they announced it which is a long time both by their standards and by industry standards for a patch.

They haven’t released anything substantial since July 2022 so a patch in February 2023 isn’t exactly rushing. If they’re broken now they’ll almost certainly be broken in March.

The community has jumped to conclusions about when the patch would be and are partly responsible for getting their expectations up, but Maxis could have been better at setting expectations for sure. They’ve known people have been excited and keeping pregnant sims since the start of January, and they’ve made no effort at all to tone that down until today.

It’s only natural that people are disappointed that ‘early 2023’ turns out to be one of the latest dates you could possibly get away with calling it that.

I agree. I don't want infants to be buggy or half done. I hope the sims team gets them right. I just wish they had been straightforward and would have said 'next March' or 'in spring' when infants were first announced. My disappointment is not the actual date but that the expectations were unrealistically set to early this year. But at least we now have an exact date which I always prefer over vague promises. I will just return to simming until the infants are soon enough to get hyped. I might take a break from sims 4 specifically for a little while though
    In my game, I guess one of the bigger duifferencies between toddlers/infants will be that toddlers most often will need to grab a plate of food from the counter, while infants will probably not reach that high. Now I wonderf if I should rather serve that group meal dish on the floor for them to reach, or will they depend on beeiing bottle/breast feeded? It will be way more time consuming for sure. I might have 3 toddlers in a household, but I guess 1 infant at the time will be enough, LOL.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Initially I was thinking that the infants are to big and have too much and too long hair, now i think that EA did a good job. TS4 infants are probably around 1 year old when the toddlers are around 3 years old. I'm happy that there still be a object-newborn life stage because now it has even more sense. Newborsn even in the real life are literally attached to the crib on the beginning of their life. Now the aging will be even more natural and realistic.

293848-difference-between-baby-newborn-infant-toddler-5b572a1a46e0fb0037f62ffa.png

3-6_months.jpg?v=1634106959

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    While I'm happy for everyone who wanted this, I don't understand the decision to add infants as a new lifestate between babies and toddlers. I would have made them even smaller and just replaced the existing babies altogether. Because right now, I can barely tell them apart from toddlers, and we'll still have to deal with the object babies nevertheless.

Yes, it adds a layer of realism to the natural ageing process, but at the same time, it makes the age gap between children and teenagers even more glaring. Now we have three life stages for sims aged 5 and younger, but only two for sims aged between 6 and 18. I've never been among the crowd asking for preteens, but given the choice, they would have made a lot more sense to me than these new infants.

Oh well... Six more weeks until their release, and surely there will be more information in the meantime. Perhaps they'll grow on me after all.
    Infants trailer. For those wanting another look.

https://youtu.be/baGWYFokIJ0
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    While I'm happy for everyone who wanted this, I don't understand the decision to add infants as a new lifestate between babies and toddlers. I would have made them even smaller and just replaced the existing babies altogether. Because right now, I can barely tell them apart from toddlers, and we'll still have to deal with the object babies nevertheless.

Yes, it adds a layer of realism to the natural ageing process, but at the same time, it makes the age gap between children and teenagers even more glaring. Now we have three life stages for sims aged 5 and younger, but only two for sims aged between 6 and 18. I've never been among the crowd asking for preteens, but given the choice, they would have made a lot more sense to me than these new infants.

Oh well... Six more weeks until their release, and surely there will be more information in the meantime. Perhaps they'll grow on me after all.

I think the infants are supposed to represent babies from 6 month to about 1 year. I think they will only crawl about, and not learn to walk like the toddlers. With project Rene having years of development ahead, I think there is plenty of time for them to add more lifestages to TS4 and they will probably add them at some point.
    I like that babies and infants are separate life stages. I'm not that much into playing babies anyway, so in most houses I'll try to skip the infant stage. I just hope that we cxan skip it without needing to serve another cake. It should be an option fromclicking the crib: "Age up to infant" or "Age up to toddler". Then I could choose infant in some families, but not all.

That said, I would much have preferred a new life stage between kids and teens. I don't expects that we will get any more life stages. Infants seem fun though, but I guess they will mosty be played by family oriented simmers. I'm all for the cuteness, but I don't see as much varied play with them as I could have with a kid/teen stage. I'm eager to learn how infants build skills and personality, though.
    I don't expects that we will get any more life stages.

With the addition of infants and Project Rene 'years' away I'm hopeful for a preteen life stage. It's not something I personally want but I know a lot of simmers do.