Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

January 31st - Behind The Sims Stream Discussion Thread

13...Next

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2023
    Simguru Grant posing almost convinced me I need to hear about Project Rene
    but! I shall stay in my coffin and not hear a word about next sims game
    as long as it does not contain dragons you can't sway me!

*continues to build a wall of garlic between her coffin and the next sims title*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Wait.... I missed it??!!! 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Wait.... I missed it??!!! 😆

well I guess you just missed announcement that announcements are coming another day so :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    I'm surprised they're showing an EP trailer six weeks before the release date... isn't it usually 2-3 weeks before? Six weeks is going to feel like forever. *sigh*
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
    OMG it's Simgurugrant!!! 😱😱😱
    Lol it's nice to see the behind the scenes for infants. I like that project Rene won't be mmo but you will be able to invite some one you know. Curious how that will work.
    What I don't like is how they are combining info for all the sims games. And I don't like these pre recorded strems that I guess is supposed to be more professional?
    I honestly was much happier with the gurus on live stream. It felt so personal and engaging. But whatever works best for them is okay. 🙂

Overall infants look fun!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    BreeSasha wrote: »
    I’m unsure now how I feel about this…

Originally when they described it as a community stream, I assumed it’d be the Sims 4 with a mixture of content creators and game changers who helped with the upcoming EP and/or big patch. This puts me in the mind of like what they used to do the Sims 411.

Now, that they say it’s in line with the Sims Summit from last October which was mostly performances and a small teaser from each Sims series (Project Rene, Sims Freeplay, Sims Mobile, and Sims 4), I’m not as enthusiastic. The Sims Freeplay also confirmed they have a segment in this upcoming stream on February 1st.

Hopefully we do get at least a release date on the Infants update and maybe a teaser on an EP.

The change might be due to the bullying some of the presenting SimGurus received after hosting the streams in the past. They likely want to minimise that in the future?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited January 2023
    The best part of the show was behind the scene of Behind The Sims. I like SimGuruGrant trying different styles.

I prefer this one. Sometimes it's nice not to be serious.

j7smgmer79gb.jpeg
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,254 EA Community Manager
    The best part of the show was behind the scene of Behind The Sims. I like SimGuruGrant trying different styles.

I prefer this one. Sometimes it's nice not to be serious.

j7smgmer79gb.jpeg

More importantly, have we ever seen Grant and Hayley Williams in the same place at the same time?

aivdeiy8a1b3.png

I watched a very interesting documentary called Hannah Montana and I think I might be on to something...
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Watched this just now after work :)
    I always love the behind-the-scenes stuff, getting to hear from the animators, audio directors etc. It would be so great to have a longer deep dive that focuses on that kind of thing sometime :)

I feel like I got exactly what I wanted with Project Rene's social elements-- first-person mode is available completely undisturbed, and also if we want, we can invite other people of our choice to play with us. And a gallery type feature of course. (Maybe the filters on this gallery will even work?)
    I'll have to see what Live Mode looks like before I know if I'd want to play Project Rene. I like building but I really spend most of my time in live mode and that's where most of the potential fun of a game would be. For me.

The infant stuff looks really good too. Earlier glimpses of them looked like just toddlers that don't walk. The proportions are much more toddler than infant- and the infant clothes are mostly existing toddler clothes. But the animations and types of interactions shown in this stream have changed that feeling for me, they look like they'll be a very unique lifestage with gameplay that has been missing.
    Finally one thing I've always wished for: we can sit down and hold the baby!!

gen3-banner.png
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    I thought the infants trailer was very good, it was a very strong trailer.

The only criticism of the streams I have is they feel a bit like the audience are baited in for sims 4, but they just want to talk about project Rene and don’t have enough sims 4 stuff ready.

This one was better but the one in October really feels like they weren’t ready to talk or show anything but had to be on the stream to get people to watch. This made everyone hyped for infants only to learn it’s another two months. Which disappoints a lot of people and the stream isn’t received as well as it could be.

I don’t think they set people’s expectations very well with the release date and I’m not sure why they couldn’t reveal the expansion today instead of in 2 days time either. But the infants do look very good at least.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited January 2023
    Personally, I prefer the polished, scripted and pre-recorded announcements. Behind The Sims was great.
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Personally, I prefer the polished, scripted and pre-recorded announcements. Behind The Sims was great.

Agree.

I'm sure we'll see the gurus live for the next EP Livestream.
  • temerald7667temerald7667 Posts: 2,266 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I'm so confused

I am as well!
    98bcdb5d7c879fd685f0cae94de32016.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm actually glad they're not being released until March. My Sims weren't ready for another baby just yet. Especially since I haven't decided who it will be. 😄

i have to start over my legacy. i know i said that a few days ago but my new couple hit a snag she she died so decided to keep playing my current legacy their divorced an d haven't spoke since november
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Nice to see Grant again. I think he handled it really well, good that they talked about how multiplayer will work, I'm still skeptical about it.

I'm not so sure about the style of the livestream this time, it felt more directed towards young people and made me feel like I was not really the target audience.

Infants are looking good, that was a good showcase of what they looked like and how they will work. I don't mind that they are scheduled for March, hopefully they will work properly at release.

Strange teaser for the new EP, I guess we will know more soon.
  • LadyDecafLadyDecaf Posts: 89 Member

@EA_Cade please inform the team running Behind the Sims that the Twitch stream was not accessible for those with hearing disabilities because there was no captioning. It was especially disappointing because the stream was pre-recorded and captions were still not added. Hearing Aids were patched into the game yesterday, yet the stream failed to be inclusive. Please add captioning so everyone can enjoy the Behind the Sims Twitch streams going forward. <3
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    So Infant will come with birthmarks :)

07wopbjlvw1i.jpg

I hope birthmarks can be added to sim of all ages.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Finally, a birthmark in the game. I can so relate to the new sim baby. I was born with a birthmark on my left side of my face. It's actually called Sturge Weber Syndrome.
    If it would be possible for the teen to adult to have a birthmark in the game I could actually make a me sim. ;)
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,254 EA Community Manager

I'm very sorry, this feedback has been shared with the team, it was meant to have CC enabled but there were some unfortunate technical issues.

Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • LadyDecafLadyDecaf Posts: 89 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    I'm very sorry, this feedback has been shared with the team, it was meant to have CC enabled but there were some unfortunate technical issues.

I’m so happy to receive your response, thank you. I should add that manual captioning in real time by a transcriptionist has always been the standard for hearing disabilities as the auto-captioning available on Twitch is often inaccurate, to say the least. I’m looking forward to having captioning on the upcoming March 3rd livestream for the expansion --thanks again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top