Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited November 2022
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    May be controversial, but the infant/baby update doesn't do much for me, however I really want updated activities/events for kids!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    I don't really care for the bikes that came with University. I rarely use them.

What? You don't like it when your Sims rides through the house? LOL I don't use the bikes much anymore, either.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > What? You don't like it when your Sims rides through the house? LOL I don't use the bikes much anymore, either.

I had a sim who got on her bicycle to go from the cafe to the classroom in school. I thought it was really funny and it stopped her being late so I was happy with it.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I feel that Generations is HIGHLY overrated, and often find it funny people think it was the best pack ever.

Much of the stuff people race about are rabbit holes (prom, graduation, school clubs, boarding schools - the latter of which had a skill cap so was objectively worse then keeping them at home). The pack was more of a whistle stop tour of life stages, and the train stopped at more life stages (kids, which to be fair was also ignored in the Sims 3) than others (elders, who essentially just got walking canes and rocking chairs).

Not to mention all the features from the Sims 1 and 2 that were brought back were considered much worse in Generations: boarding school Vs the Sims 2 private school, the strippers Vs the Sims 1 cake dancers, the spam system they called memories Vs the Sims 2 memories.

Sure, it added a few good things, but the greatest pack in the Sims? Don't be ridiculous. Honestly, a lot of the Sims 3 packs were quite bad, and were HEAVILY criticized during its run. I feel like people don't prefer Sims 3 packs, they prefer the Sims 3 base game (which is perfectly fine) but it colours how they view the packs.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't want anymore premade makeovers. The Goth one was terrible. :D
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,632 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don't want anymore premade makeovers. The Goth one was terrible. :D

I never saw the point in it. Anyone who doesn’t like the premades could always just modify them in CAS. Most do, anyway.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Objects with the clutter attached to them in the most of cases are useless and ugly in general. For example the couch from Paranormal looks great alone but it is impossible to put another one next to it because it looks weird. I wish we had also a clean variant of that object.

• TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    Occults are pointless. This is supposed to be a "life simulator" game, and, (in my mind), vampires, werewolves, spellcasters, and other "occults" don't exist in said life simulator.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    The Sims series has always had occults. Although a life simulator game, it is a game meant for players to play out a story of a sim's life in the way they want. It allows creativity in developing a story and I don't believe it was ever meant to be totally realistic but rather a fantasy world that each player can enjoy. It wouldn't be the Sims without occults. I like that occults come in packs, that way those who want to play them can have them, and those that don't, don't have to add the pack to their game.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,632 Member
    Occults are pointless. This is supposed to be a "life simulator" game, and, (in my mind), vampires, werewolves, spellcasters, and other "occults" don't exist in said life simulator.

“Pointless” is subjective. For those of us who like to play a fantasy story, they are definitely not pointless. As for the “life simulator” argument, the Sims has never been a realistic life simulator. Occults, cow plants, plant sims, alien abductions, weird deaths, ghosts and The Grim Reaper have always been a part of the game. Good news: those occults are isolated in their own packs, so no one has to have them in their game if they don’t want them. No need to wish them away for those of us who enjoy them. Win-win!
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    edited January 2023
    Looking back at the simulator games that came before the Sims: SimCity, Rollercoaster Tycoon (and other 'Tycoon' series- wasn't there a hotel one as well?), the point of such games was not to copy exact real life replicas of real cities/rollercoasters/etc but to experiment with creating your own; using the games' tools to create whatever wild and wacky possibilities your imagination can invent. The Sims, to me, functions on the same principle, just with people.
    I remember the original marketing tag for The Sims one was "How will you play with life?" The key word in that sentence is "play". Play with a simulated life means to experiment, to create, to be silly, to have a bit of nonsensical fun, not just simulate it exactly the same as RL.
    I have always loved the amount of creative freedom in the Sims franchise and really hope it doesn't get lost in the quest for more realistic gameplay.
    Post edited by WhatCobblers on
  • EddieWhateverEddieWhatever Posts: 6 New Member
    I don't think the pets expansion was done as well as Sims 3. Also the fact that we still don't have horses is unacceptable, excuses aside.
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    I hate how the sims are constantly on their phones. It's really hard to do a setting that isn't modern because they're always on their phones!! (that and you can like barely do anything in the game without technology.... plssssss I NEED a type writer sims team)
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    I really wanted babies on Valentine's day. :/
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,829 Member

If they're released before you can just wait until February 14 to update. 🙂
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    I don't find the bubble blowers that came with City Living interesting. In fact, I forgot they exist.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    I prefer using most of EA lots compared to builers lots. I replace every lot that comes out with sims creators lots because of the layout. The overly cluttered moo builds aren't for me.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I prefer using most of EA lots compared to builers lots. I replace every lot that comes out with sims creators lots because of the layout. The overly cluttered moo builds aren't for me.

What gets me is that these YouTubers miss the point slightly of a starter house.

In TS1 and TS2 a starter house only had a kitchen and bathroom, and a bunch of empty rooms, with enough leftover budget to furnish them based on the needs of your household.

In TS3 this was expanded to include the very basics, including beds, sofa etc, probably due to story progression being able to randomly move Sims in, and as such needed the basics.

In TS4, for YouTubers, this has suddenly expanded to be a fully furnished house, using the entire budget with barely enough money to live on, with a predefined idea of how many Sims live there, and what that family is composed of and what careers they do (no a chess table isn't good for a starter home since very few careers need the logic skill), that depreciate the second you step foot on the lot so it is lost money.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member

Yes I am exactly the same.

I find most of the things on the gallery are just too perfect. I can never improve on them because I’m not a good builder. Where as the EA ones are very simple with a room a tv a carpet a table, and I can add to it over time and renovate it myself.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    Now on to my contribution. :lol:

I don't like playing out multiple generations...

and playing with Aging Off is my normal. ;)

WOW! Can't believe I just discovered this thread. I like it. Totally agree with both points ^^

My add ons:
    1. I really wish we had more chore type things to do in the sims homes. Particularly for the sim child and sim teen. I know we have dishes and the whole vacuum thing, very rarely, like almost never, do I see my sims cleaning anything. Like nothing gets dirty. Maybe once in a blue moon you have a dirty counter. And yeah there is laundry but would be nice if kids could actually fold some clothes. Like, I do so much more in my home. Mow the lawn, anybody, oh and what about making the bed. To me, home life inside the sims homes can get real mundane.
    2. I would like to see more sibling rivalry and teasing without having to add a mean trait to a sim.
    3. Would like to see more affection in game between the couples that don't necessary throw them into an overly flirty or woohoo tangent.
    4. I would like to have an actual lot where we can go see football games or baseball or basket ball games, even if it only comes once in a blue moon like those mini concerts that were only for a limited time they used to occasionally add to the game.
    5. Last but definitely first... Can we PLEASE have pool table. I need a proper sports bar.
    I don't find the bubble blowers that came with City Living interesting. In fact, I forgot they exist.

Yeah and it doesn't seem like sims even like them.
    JustinB113 wrote: »

Yes I am exactly the same.

I find most of the things on the gallery are just too perfect. I can never improve on them because I’m not a good builder. Where as the EA ones are very simple with a room a tv a carpet a table, and I can add to it over time and renovate it myself.

I am so opposite. I do not like the sims builds and will either bulldoze or definitely upgrade with changes galore.
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Inclusive content does not need to be debated or argued over. Including me, him, her or them does not exclude you.

I don’t mind waiting until March 14th for infants. I’m actually happy that they didn’t come out in this update. I have restartitis (I swear this is the last time 😂) and I need time to work on my base save.

• LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member

If they're released before you can just wait until February 14 to update. 🙂
    Hi ya! I tried skipping the update earlier, game insisted it wouldn't work without it, no biggie 6 weeks from now is fine, I've had 2 deaths in my real family and now have lots of paperwork to take care of and decisions' to make, adulting sucks sometimes. :'(
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top