Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teens should also be adoptable.

BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
edited January 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Although it is a challenge in real life, teenagers can and have been adopted. So, I hope EA will consider allowing teenage sims to be adopted. Honestly, I think Sims should be able to adopt a minor at any stage of development, infant, toddler, elementary age children and teenagers. It should be very simple. Just include some teenagers to adopt. It's a simple thing, but I think it adds an interesting dynamic to the game. Plus, as someone who was a foster child during my teen years, I want to advocate for teenage adoption.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    Please forgive me for posting a suggestion here. It's been a while since I've posted. I actually looked before posting this and of course I find it after I posted. I seriously try to do the right thing. But that's not my reality. I sneeze loud. I spill stuff on myself. I trip over nothing. I end knowing the answer after I ask the question. Those are my special talents.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    Why stop there? I think it would be cool playing a teen+kid household and then force them to adopt a dad and a mum :) Or - my family could adopt a granny? Could be cool even if you would not ute that feature every day. I would not mind if all ages were adoptable, ewach of us would just ignore the alternatives we would not use. That would feel better and more sand-box than EA deciding what we should do.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,826 Member
    Agreed! Adoption is a big part of my family and my community too, and I use adoption a lot in my games. <3
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited January 2023
    Twins as well, why is it always only children
    Edit: meant siblings
    Post edited by SelinaKyles on
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member

I think siblings would be more appropiate. And maybe add the option to adopt them all at a time. For real mayhem.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I think siblings would be more appropiate. And maybe add the option to adopt them all at a time. For real mayhem.
    Yes that was the word I meant, thanks for the correction
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited January 2023
    Although it is a challenge in real life, teenagers can and have been adopted. So, I hope EA will consider allowing teenage sims to be adopted. Honestly, I think Sims should be able to adopt a minor at any stage of development, infant, toddler, elementary age children and teenagers. It should be very simple. Just include some teenagers to adopt. It's a simple thing, but I think it adds an interesting dynamic to the game. Plus, as someone who was a foster child during my teen years, I want to advocate for teenage adoption.

100% agree.

That being said, I rarely use the formal/official TS4 adoption process. What I do if I want to adopt teens, or sibling groups, or "known" sims (nieces/nephews, kids of friends who die, etc.), is to move them into the household and then have them click on the adults in the household with the "adopt as caregiver" option (I believe that is what it is called, but it might be slightly different). That is better for my purposes, because then you have all the parenting interactions from the Parenting pack available to the adults, while the children still retain their previous family tree, genetics, etc. Also, I believe this interaction is available to teens as well.

Edited to add: this is also a great function for step-parent relationships.
    Post edited by Amapola76 on
  • BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    Oh, my goodness! I love all your suggestions. The siblings, the twins and adopting grandparents. I love the idea of adopting siblings. I also thought about suggesting foster homes for both minors and elderly.

Because as far as the Sims go back, we know that they take our kids away if our Sims fail to take care of their kids. So, why not add more depth to it and allow our Sim families to become foster parents. While other sims could open up their home as a foster home for the elderly. Just like an acting agent, you have to call child services or nursing homes, and let them know you have space available. They will show you a list with a short bio. Pick your poison and let the insanity begin. Each day your Sims in charge of their foster home will be given daily task and goals to complete. Your Sim should get payment to cover each seems cost of living. Your payment should progress depending on the task completed and the welfare of your foster Sims. Foster Sims should have the option of being adopted by your Sim or by other Sims. But Sim minors who have live parents, should also have visitation and the ability to improve themselves to earn their kids back.

I honestly like the idea of parents losing their kids but gaining them back. I think it would make for some interesting storytelling. Adoption should add an interesting way to tell interesting stories about our characters. I also think it would make some interesting scenarios both as the orphan or the foster parent. But I also think it would contribute to some humorous content for ourselves and YouTubers.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2023
    Sadly Maxis doesn't assign to the orphans any Character Values, Skill levels, Reputation or Fame.

• JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I like the idea put like others have stated they should then have some skills, character values etc. So they feel like a new person introduced to the family for them to get to know and not a blank canvas.

I would also like the option to adopt werewolf, alien, vampires etc babies and up. For me it wouldn't matter if you would know the child you are adopting is an occult but since I guess some would so there could be a little icon showing the supernatural/ occult sign for the children that aren't human.

I'd also like the sims 2 way back where kids that get taken also ends up in the adoption pool. So much more immersive and cool if another sim can adopt someone who got taken instead of you knowing they get deleted and new random kids get spawn for the adoption pool.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    @Blackkatness I 100% agree with you! I have played The Sims franchise since the beginning (2000) and it has always bothered me that teens are not available for adoption. I would also really like to see sibling adoption incorporated - the ability to give a loving home to siblings of mixed ages, because the reality is that siblings go into foster care together, but they very rarely get adopted together, which is heartbreaking. As a sandbox game & life simulator, I have always hoped for teen / sibling adoption, and I honestly cannot think of a reason why they haven't done it yet.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Why stop there? I think it would be cool playing a teen+kid household and then force them to adopt a dad and a mum :) Or - my family could adopt a granny?
    People of all ages should be able to adopt an aunt. This is true in The Sims as in life!
  • LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 44 Member
    I agree entirely! It would be wonderful if there was a way to adopt a sim of any age other than using cheats, seeing as it's not so uncommon for that to happen in real life.