March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild and remake the whole town challenge?

I don't know , but I have the urge for one sims 4 file to delete all the townise and replace them with new sims.

Comments

• Todoroki234_DamTodoroki234_Dam Posts: 9 New Member
    I sometimes feel like that, too
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,710 Member
    Do it!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    This thread makes me want to try.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Do it!

I decided to try it.I already made the first family.I am looking for a mod that makes the game houses cheaper.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Just use the freerealestate cheat ;)

I have redone worlds a number of times, sims and buildings. I place some sims in starter homes but some get free homes and then I go into their household to adjust their available cash to what I think they should have (normally just 1 or 2k)
    Just use the freerealestate cheat ;)

I have redone worlds a number of times, sims and buildings. I place some sims in starter homes but some get free homes and then I go into their household to adjust their available cash to what I think they should have (normally just 1 or 2k)
    Oh ok
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I've done that. I demolished every building in Oasis Springs, and built nothing but run down trailers. It looked really....depressing lol
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited January 2023
    I have for long time been reimagining my sim towns building one lot at a time
    hoping to eventually have simverse of my own

by now I barely remember what was there originally :lol:

but strangely what I find hardest is to complete a town as in build every lot in one town or neighborhood

it takes so much time and I find it hard to commit to area like that

like for example I might start build in Newcrest and go " ha, but this would look cool in Willow Creek rather" and... yeah then I just end up with these towns that have like one or two builds in them while all else remains bleh or empty :sweat_smile:

maybe one day I chant as I build and build some more :lol:

I however wish all the luck upon others joining the fun just word of warning it might be a longer ride than meant :sweat_smile:

and so far the new worlds just keep coming :lol:

well it is surely very fun once you get neighborhoods all built in way you wanted though

completely different kind of fun
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member
    It's a fun, but challenging way to play. Takes a looong time.
    edited January 2023
    Simmingal wrote: »

This is my problem. I come up with all kinds of elaborate themed games but I burn out fairly soon after setting them up. Setting up an entire world from scratch would be even harder, especially as there is no way to start with a completely blank world, and I would have to manually empty every lot.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    edited January 2023
    I don't know , but I have the urge for one sims 4 file to delete all the townise and replace them with new sims.

I have done this many times since sims 4. I don't keep townies. I make/or DL sims and throw them in my games

Edit to add: I also delete all the lots mostly and build or dl and place.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Gigge wrote: »
    It's a fun, but challenging way to play. Takes a looong time.

yeah, it does take time. okay a long time lol
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    I did this a few years ago. I didn't delete very many townies, but I did bulldoze all the EA houses and replace them with much, much better ones from the gallery. Then I added in Sims of my own creation and lots of public venues for them to entertain themselves. Since this took a really long time and I really don't ever want to do it again, I have that save backed up in about 4 different places and it's what I always use when I start a new game. It's worthwhile, I encourage anyone to at least give it a try.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited January 2023
    Go ahead. Though be warned it can take a long time. I'm still on it after years. I'm on making custom NPC sims. Just got custom firefighters done.

After it is done, I'll just copy the save file and then play it normally. The file then will be a template for future saves like that.

Edit. I think I'm done for now... Until the next DLC comes out...
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    When you own all the packs it certainly takes a while but I think it's worth it. :) I like to keep the original premade sims and lots but makeover/renovate instead. I'm about a yr into it. Always make backups as you go.

This is my problem. I come up with all kinds of elaborate themed games but I burn out fairly soon after setting them up. Setting up an entire world from scratch would be even harder, especially as there is no way to start with a completely blank world, and I would have to manually empty every lot.
    There are a few blank save files out there that have all lots and/or sims cleared out.
    Srslys Blank Save : updated Nov 2022
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Setting up an entire world from scratch would be even harder, especially as there is no way to start with a completely blank world, and I would have to manually empty every lot.

I feel like the bulldozing is actually the quickest easiest part of a project like that.

gen3-banner.png
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    When you own all the packs it certainly takes a while but I think it's worth it. :) I like to keep the original premade sims and lots but makeover/renovate instead. I'm about a yr into it. Always make backups as you go.

There are a few blank save files out there that have all lots and/or sims cleared out.
    Srslys Blank Save : updated Nov 2022

Great, thank you, will take a look when I finish my current scenario.
    Setting up an entire world from scratch would be even harder, especially as there is no way to start with a completely blank world, and I would have to manually empty every lot.

I feel like the bulldozing is actually the quickest easiest part of a project like that.

It definitely is, but it's still annoying.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I just did that this year. I kept only the premades that interested me and that I wanted to be in sims worlds.

Now, I didn't make all of these sims, I don't enjoy that too much and if I made them they'd all end up looking eerily similar. I downloaded a TON of sims from the gallery and created housesholds out of them, some of the stayed as the original household unit exactly as I D/L'd them. Some of them had additional family members added, and some of them were pulled from a household and merged with different sims to create a different household.

I also don't care to build but I do like to renovate an existing build, so again I D/L'd a ton of lots and placed them into worlds in a cohesive manor so that it made sense to me.

It is time consuming but I liked it, now what happens is if I go to play a household I placed and I find out that I don't actually like the layout of that house and that's it not in a user friendly playstyle to me, I will renovate or replace the house with one that doesn't get on my nerves.

I'm still making changes as I play households.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member

I did this with all of the worlds and it took around a year (maybe a bit longer). It's so rewarding when it's all finished though. I did it to challenge myself, and now I continue it with every new pack. It's the one thing I've done consistently in this game. I usually abandon saves, households, builds, etc. but not with updating my save.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    I made a new save to start this with. As I had to start with a sim, I put in an old simself and built her a little house in Newcrest, used MCCC to empty the world of sims, and am gradually bulldozing all residential lots. I'll leave the community lots for the time being, to help me figure out placements. I may revamp some and delete others, and move things around.

I am slowly doing this and trying to make it all work.Some sims I am going to make in other saves .

edited February 2023
    One thing I am not sure of yet is how to decide which themes to use for each world or even neighbourhood. I would like to save the world in a blank format before I start building, so I can use it in the future, but I definitely need something to aim for. I definitely want to place more shops as I so rarely use that aspect of gameplay, so I think it would be fun to experiment with that, and perhaps make one of the smaller neighbourhoods a shopping district.

The other thing I'm not sure of is what to do with the apartments, because there's a limit to what I can do with those.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited February 2023

I've been doing that since the start of Sims 4. I always delete the premades and make each town the way I want. This usually includes bulldozing the lots that come with the packs and making my own as well. My worlds are far different than the world created by the sims teams

edit: I even have a build save based off of my additions and changes in case I want to start a new save.

Well I hit a snag,I wanted to make vlad son and make him the same age as his father .Well I can't do that at all,because it conflicts .Even though vampires are supposed to be imortal. :(:neutral: