Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Victorian Lighting, Rugs & Flooring Kit

We desperately need a crystal chandelier like this one (two or three from different heights)...
51RuflvhNdL._SL1000_1024x1024.jpg?v=1571439354
We also still so very much need many more rugs, preferably in the Queen Anne and Moroccan style, with many swatches to choose from. We also need more flooring suitable for old Victorian manors. Most everything in the game is too modern. House flippers love to renovate old mansions, and keep what makes it a Victorian home, but update things like plumbing etc. The detail of Victorian homes cannot be beat, I'm bored of all the clean lines, and sanitized look of everything. Vampires brought so many wonderful assets, I'd love to have more in that style please!

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I had an aunt who used to have a chandelier like that. Very pretty. It would be nice to have some more run down furniture and build stuff. And a working grandfather clock. Also collectible china.
  • ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I had an aunt who used to have a chandelier like that. Very pretty. It would be nice to have some more run down furniture and build stuff. And a working grandfather clock. Also collectible china.

Ohh grandfather clocks! we only have like two I think! we need more!!!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    edited January 2023
    there is so much that build mode needs when it comes to older builds
    that I don't even know where to start

but I guess I have to start somewhere so ahem.
    1. More doors for wall height 2 and 3
    the mansion doors we have now look like dog doors next to those wall heights
    and yet we can't add any trim to exterior unless our build is height 2 or 3 it frustrates me so much

also I would love love love beautiful old pocket doors, bigger secret bookcase door, wallpapered doors that match with

2. more wallpapers and wall paneling

there is simply not enough wallpapers ever especially not when it comes to old mansions so many beautiful options we could have
    and also I would love to see more color options than the usual goth manor red or lilsimsie blue or barbie pink

same goes for wall paneling I mean who says we shouldn't have colors of the rainbow for our wall paneling just saying.

3. windows, windows, windows.

big ornate windows, big arched windows, big windows that suit older homes,
    big windows I could use for different wall heights...
    did I say enough? oh. more stained glass, is also welcome.

4. exterior trims, all of them also exterior wall details

anything to make the exterior look little less of a bore really
    old houses tend to have all kind of ornate details and I love them so much

5. fences, stairs and gates to match all of the above

nothing more frustrating than when you can't match things truly, I therefore add this for 5th

+ ye oldey gameplay items

like upright pianos, how do we not have them yet it doesn't even need new animation or sounds its just piano but in smaller space
    also toddler (and infant) items fit for older homes would be useful (rocking horses and ye olde furniture and all that)
    aaand probably like thousand other things that I realize I forgot to mention so I'll be back dun dun

oh I already thought of one
    option to make it so game doesn't hide columns everytime you get close to them
    so we could actually freaking see them in our builds while playing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I would love more off-the-grid lighting like a wall light with a small shelf or hook with a lantern and the globe style table kerosene lamps that usually has a rose or other design on the globe. It is so hard to do older homes you want off-the-grid as the lights are so limited. @Simmingal, I want everything you listed!
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I think you'd need far more than one kit, as one conspicuous feature of Victorian homes is clutter! People's decoration tended be extremely busy in those days, with trinkets and art pieces on every surface and on a great percentage of the wall. A proper nicknackatory (a word which has sadly fallen out of use).
  • ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    I think you'd need far more than one kit, as one conspicuous feature of Victorian homes is clutter! People's decoration tended be extremely busy in those days, with trinkets and art pieces on every surface and on a great percentage of the wall. A proper nicknackatory (a word which has sadly fallen out of use).

Oh I'm all for more haha! I just realized we sorta have a fainting couch in vampires but its huge and not exactly that. I would love one of those too! Omg maybe a game pack that it more centered in the 1800s would be so cool!