Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New EA App

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Starlight Shires and Barnacle Bay are worlds I have that I don't see now with the EA App. I
    Wondering how to get them to show since they seem not even mentioned as buy able or anything. 🤔
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    It still doesn't work entirely as it should, that's for sure.

I played Mass Effect Legendary Edition last night, and it was the only game to show up in my collection at the time, with The Sims 4 nowhere to be seen. Restarted the EA App to see if that would fix it, but instead, MELE disappeared as well and my collection was suddenly completely empty. This morning, all games were back again.

Now that I know it's just a bug and my games don't actually go anywhere when I can't see them, I'm okay with just restarting the PC to make them reappear. But of course, I hope this bug will be addressed in the long run.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    EA App won't let me have my Sims 3 Midnight Hollow, Monte Cristo, Roaring Heights, Dragon Age & Sunlit Tides. It's so wrong. :'(
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Starlight Shires and Barnacle Bay are worlds I have that I don't see now with the EA App. I
    Wondering how to get them to show since they seem not even mentioned as buy able or anything. 🤔

Do they not show up on launcher? Starlight Shores came with Showtime so make sure that ep is checked on launcher as well. The launcher is a 'bit' of a pain and eps uncheck at random on startup at times. You may get some help on the Sims3 forum as well. I had a heck of a time to get all my purchases etc to show up but have them all now.

I did revert back to Origin to do that however. I guess when they do the final switch I'll see what happens.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I can't get my EA app to open. It is on my tool bar but won't open for me to view. Anyone else with this issue?
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,653 Member
    edited January 2023
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    I can't get my EA app to open. It is on my tool bar but won't open for me to view. Anyone else with this issue?

What is it saying, or will it just not open?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited January 2023
    Are we supposed to be required to use the EA App already?
    I haven't been even suggested to change Origin to it anymore. They completely stopped promoting it and I thought we were supposed to be forced to use it at the end of the last year.
    I'm definitely not going to change it until I have to, but I'm just wondering if they're going to remind me to change it or if I just suddenly stop being able to play the game without any further info about it. :|
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I haven't been even suggested to change Origin to it anymore. They completely stopped promoting it and I thought we were supposed to be forced to use it at the end of the last year.
    I'm definitely not going to change it until I have to, but I'm just wondering if they're going to remind me to change it or if I just suddenly stop being able to play the game without any further info about it. :|

They put the whole forced move to the EA app on hold because many people have issues with the EA app. I assume they will start again once the problems have been ironed out.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited January 2023
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Kimmer wrote: »

They put the whole forced move to the EA app on hold because many people have issues with the EA app. I assume they will start again once the problems have been ironed out.

Thanks for the info. I have been busy lately and I haven't had time to follow the news about Sims 4 lately so it was confusing what was happening with the whole EA App thing.
  • RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    I got forced to upgrade on Jan 10th and haven't had any issues with it.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited January 2023
    Tonight the EA app was terrible. I had to do the patch, it took longer. The game was unplayable afterwards so I had to repair it. I spent all evening patching and repairing rather than play. It’s so frustrating. 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️. Everything is in a different place so I had no timescales to look at.

I couldn’t even log out because although it had finished, it kept saying it wasn’t. Had to use Task Manager and force stop. It’s getting late! 👨‍💻🙄

I never thought I would miss Origin. 😭
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I got forced to upgrade on Jan 10th and haven't had any issues with it.

Do you only play sims4?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,014 Member
    I have reinstalled Origin AGAIN after trying the EA app 3 different times without luck. This time, I couldn't install the 2 new Kits I'd purchased with the App, so after searching and repairing, I uninstalled it once more and went back to Origin. I was then able to download and install my Kits right away. EA has got to get the App fixed. I have tried to use it, but there are still too many issues. I will stick to poor old Origin for as long as I can.

Just watched this video today. Same trouble with the EA App. Not just me.
    https://youtu.be/EaojXaDvrEM
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 254 Member
    OK.

Today Jan 26 I started the EA App, to find it needed an urgent important update.
    Clicked OK.
    It updated.
    Seems OK so far.
    shorty943p wrote: »
    OK.

Today Jan 26 I started the EA App, to find it needed an urgent important update.
    Clicked OK.
    It updated.
    Seems OK so far.

That's good to hear.
    I get scared when I see a new post in this thread!
    MLgj4Vx.png
    OK.

Clicked OK.
    It updated.
    Seems OK so far.

I also had an update. It was a scary moment. No idea what the update changed. Sims 4 still runs fine, I haven't tested sims medieval and sims 3.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,281 Member
    OK.

Clicked OK.
    It updated.
    Seems OK so far.

I also had an update. It was a scary moment. No idea what the update changed. Sims 4 still runs fine, I haven't tested sims medieval and sims 3.

@Atreya33, the update fixed the TS2 icon to show the Ultimate Collection and it fixed it so that we can install TS2 now. But EA_Cade said that they are still doing tweaks to the older games so that they can make sure that they can player on new systems which is good because when I've launched TS2, it launched without a problem but then it crashed to my desktop when I've tried to load into a neighborhood.
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    OK.

Clicked OK.
    It updated.
    Seems OK so far.

@Atreya33, the update fixed the TS2 icon to show the Ultimate Collection and it fixed it so that we can install TS2 now. But EA_Cade said that they are still doing tweaks to the older games so that they can make sure that they can player on new systems which is good because when I've launched TS2, it launched without a problem but then it crashed to my desktop when I've tried to load into a neighborhood.

I was already able to install sims 2 through the EA app before the update. I will check the icon next time I get on the pc. so I hope it still works. Strange how the bugs are different for different people.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,328 EA Community Manager
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    OK.

Clicked OK.
    It updated.
    Seems OK so far.

I was already able to install sims 2 through the EA app before the update. I will check the icon next time I get on the pc. so I hope it still works. Strange how the bugs are different for different people.

I believe this one was dependent on which entitlement you had for Sims 2 (Store Edition/Ultimate Collection, etc.)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    @EA_Cade thanks for explaining.

Another change is that sims medieval shows up correctly under installed games.
    I haven't run TS3 since the changeover. Has there been any improvements to the store bought items yet?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited January 2023
    My experience with the new EA App

Finally I replaced my Origin with the EA App. The installation was flawless, my game (my only EA game is S4) is still there and no problems occurred. But then I learned, that you can't change the game language with the EA App. And that's something I need for mod translations. I'm switching between English and my first language. So I reinstalled Origin again and now I ended with both EA App and Origin on my PC. And this config works pretty good. As long as you don't start them together at the same time.

From the menus and user interface to me the EA App looks more like an Origin update. It feels familiar. I don't "work" with the EA App/Origin and I use only the main functions: I start it, switch to offline mode and launch S4. That's almost the same procedure as with Origin. I'm not familiar with any more in depth functions. For the initial configuration, I set all settings to "disabled" (including auto update of both app and games) and that's all. After the installation my game library was imported automatically. I had literally nothing to do than "double-click setup.exe - wait - finish".

The only thing you should know is that with the EA App installation Origin is automatically deinstalled without a possibility to interfere. But you can install Origin again afterwards without problems. Seems like the Origin registry entries survive the EA App installation. I had to reinstall Origin because you can't change the game language with the EA App - maybe that feature will be added in the future.

There is also an excellent FAQ post regarding the EA App from @Crinrict which can be found here:
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2022/11/sims-4-and-ea-app/

Similar to Origin you can switch the EA App to offline mode and deactivate automatic game updates. I wrote a howto post with screenshots which can be found here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18223236/#Comment_18223236
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2023
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    EA App won't let me have my Sims 3 Midnight Hollow, Monte Cristo, Roaring Heights, Dragon Age & Sunlit Tides. It's so wrong. :'(

The EA app doesn't let me have any of my Sims 3 store content. I went back to Origin and so far it's still working for me.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,328 EA Community Manager
    Sharonia wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

The EA app doesn't let me have any of my Sims 3 store content. I went back to Origin and so far it's still working for me.

This is still under investigation, I hope to have an update to share this week if testing of the fix goes well.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member
    So. . . why doesn't the app have a shopping cart/basket? I was trying to take advantage of the sale and buy a few things, but my credit card only lets me buy one thing at a time before the anti-theft protection kicks in. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top