Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Case of Highly Inappropriate High School Principal Behavior

SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
With the understanding that this is not a bug, as it involves intended sim behavior, would it be possible to disable the "Shower in the Rain" action on high school lots? My students really don't need to be witnessing the school principal standing out in front of the building in the nude when arriving for school on rainy days.

While this may be funny to most people, myself included, someone might eventually make a big deal of it. It would be a lot more humorous if they were doing it in swimwear, if they're going to be doing it at all.

(I do not use mods or custom content of any kind, nor have I ever.)

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    It's usually the effect of the erratic trait. However, I do agree. After all, sims can't be nude in front of teens and younger. Why can they shower in rain in front of them?
  • SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    It's usually the effect of the erratic trait. However, I do agree. After all, sims can't be nude in front of teens and younger. Why can they shower in rain in front of them?

Thanks, I'll have to examine this particular high school principal for that trait. If he's THAT Erratic, he does not need to be on school staff, heh.

This is probably an unusual thing which wasn't foreseen in terms of gameplay, more like intended behavior in inappropriate circumstances. What would make it truly hilarious would be if Agnes Crumplebottom were to show up and chase him off the lot while repeatedly bludgeoning him with her handbag, with the students cheering her on, followed by a notification that he's been fired.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Lol! Yeah, just a little bit Inappropriate. I find it funny too, but yeah, I suppose there could be people that will be offended.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I've forgotten, do sims shower in the rain just because it rains, or is it due to the Erratic trait?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    I've forgotten, do sims shower in the rain just because it rains, or is it due to the Erratic trait?

I'll have to test this, but I believe those with the Childish trait can do it as well. This is tempting me to go poking around in the tuning files and try to figure out what was overlooked, when it comes to nudity in front of underage sims. (As I've said before, I have never used mods or custom content, so neither is a factor here.)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    My Erratic waiters definitely do this at the restaurants.

My Loves Outdoors sims sometimes queue up the action, but if kids are around they only sort of start the spinning animation and then the action cancels.
    My Erratic waiters definitely do this at the restaurants.

My Loves Outdoors sims sometimes queue up the action, but if kids are around they only sort of start the spinning animation and then the action cancels.

Huh, I wonder if there's something peculiar about the high school lot or the school day event which caused the principal to ignore the fact that he was around underage sims. (He's been "fired" in the most current save, though I kept a previous save to test out what might be going wrong with this.)

This seems similar to what happens if you enact the Rock Your Body N.A.P. in the Ohan'ali neighborhood of Sulani, though the sims will immediately cease snorkeling in the nude and put their swimsuits back on if an underage sim comes anywhere near them. (I had thought at first that this was some sort of "wardrobe malfunction" bug, but they do seem to "know" that they're doing it.)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    Huh, I wonder if there's something peculiar about the high school lot or the school day event which caused the principal to ignore the fact that he was around underage sims.

Probably he just has the Erratic trait, I'd guess.

That snorkeling thing sounds hilarious. I don't have Sulani and so haven't seen it.
    Huh, I wonder if there's something peculiar about the high school lot or the school day event which caused the principal to ignore the fact that he was around underage sims.

Probably he just has the Erratic trait, I'd guess.

That snorkeling thing sounds hilarious. I don't have Sulani and so haven't seen it.

I ran across it a while back, only happens in that particilar neighborhood of Sulani, and only if you have that specific N.A.P enacted in it. Never did figure out why, even after a good bit of trying to reproduce in other neighborhoods and with other plans active. I guess in Ohan'ali they just really get carried away with the Rock Your Body thing. Since they observe a sense of decency around underage sims, that one is just harmlessly funny.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,494 Member
    With the understanding that this is not a bug, as it involves intended sim behavior, would it be possible to disable the "Shower in the Rain" action on high school lots? My students really don't need to be witnessing the school principal standing out in front of the building in the nude when arriving for school on rainy days.

While this may be funny to most people, myself included, someone might eventually make a big deal of it. It would be a lot more humorous if they were doing it in swimwear, if they're going to be doing it at all.

I agree. First time I saw that I was omg-ing. The principal loved targeting my Teen Global Superstar, Rock Star, and he was a good kid. He was given detention, his first day, I think it was, because he arrived inside his classroom, the bell still ringing when the principal nabbed him. That's just so wrong. He ended up graduating early, went on to Uni as a Teen, finished in just three Terms with a Distinguished degree, too. He and his wife ran into Ms. Prescott at a café where the couple was having a nice quiet breakfast. Ms. Prescott was screaming after him like a fan, begging him to kiss her! What is up with that? Boundaries, woman. Boundaries!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited February 2023

I agree. First time I saw that I was omg-ing. The principal loved targeting my Teen Global Superstar, Rock Star, and he was a good kid. He was given detention, his first day, I think it was, because he arrived inside his classroom, the bell still ringing when the principal nabbed him. That's just so wrong. He ended up graduating early, went on to Uni as a Teen, finished in just three Terms with a Distinguished degree, too. He and his wife ran into Ms. Prescott at a café where the couple was having a nice quiet breakfast. Ms. Prescott was screaming after him like a fan, begging him to kiss her! What is up with that? Boundaries, woman. Boundaries!

I was hoping that this might have been quietly fixed in the last update, but the offending principal still exhibits this behavior in the test save I've kept in order to poke around at this problem.

He was "fired" for this in the save I actually play. (No, I didn't kill him, I used a cheat to remove the principal job trait and let the game generate another.) The current principal seems to be a nice enough fella who doesn't exhibit immodest bathing practices at work in front of students. He didn't even discipline Daniel for coming to school in werewolf form, though he's stopped doing that because it upsets the other students. He does like to wolf out for football practice though, and since the school mascot statue is a wolf that seems appropriate enough. (Well, I'm not sure it's a wolf, but it's some manner of canine.)

I have on a couple of occasions had the principle walk up to a student during class and start clapping and cheering at them rather than hand out a detention. I'm not exactly sure what that signifies yet.
  • TheSimsDirectTheSimsDirect Posts: 5 SimQA
    Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!