The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starlight Accolades

2...Next

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,862 Member
    edited January 2023
    I use the other, gettp's version (4pm to midnight), works fine.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,792 Member
    @GalacticGal I will try the longer version the next time I have an accolades. With the lounge I created to host it I don't have to worry about things for my sims to do while they wait. They have a bar and a dance floor to keep them entertained. Along with a red carpet to strut down for their admiring fans.

@Ellupelluellu I might give that one a try too and see which one works best. I have the Lazarusinashes longer accolades mod currently.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    In mine , the sims in farest possible seat (near window, back wall, in original lot) have had time to go there just fine. Its 7 squares away.

My custom building, farest seat is 9 squares away from stage, haven't noticed anything off there either, but my sims like to sit as front as possible.

You can test and visit with any sim, as gala is happening anyway, if your sims are nominated or not :)

hope this helps :)

ETA: I do use a mod by Bienchen , "sit at gala " , as in vanilla they used to indeed walk around or sit at floor :D

I think it also depends on the Host, too. I have had more than a few times, where my Sim will hesitate, even though I've clicked on the mic for him to accept award and before he even gets out of the chair the Host (who must be in a dreadful hurry) takes the mic again that fast. Other times, I've noticed a Host hanging back for what feels like ages. Sometimes the NPCs don't even step up to the mic, even though they are present. The good news is, that if your Sim accepts their award out-of-order, they go home with their trophy. I just hate it when the clock runs out and no Best Song is awarded. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    I recently went to the starlight accolades a few times because my supersim needed to win an award to complete the aspiration. The event worked fine for me, no need for a mod to lengthen the time. Only issue is that I have to turn autonomy off. I tried playing with autonomy on and off because I was having problems with aspiration goal where fans have to ask for a selfie. With autonomy on the event was a mess with sims walking everywhere, sitting on the floor and blocking the microphone. With autonomy off every sim sticks to the script. Celebrities take a seat in front of the microphone and the host does his/her job. It works best at speed one, just like restaurants sims seem to need more in game time for an action at speed 2 or 3.

I used the lounge that came with the pack. All I did was add a few decorations.