Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited January 2023
    GeekyCurlz wrote: »
    I know there's a cheat for this but why can't I just build in the dorm rooms the same way if my sims was in a house or apartment? It's a hassle sometimes having to type in cheats to simply place a lot from the gallery onto the existing dorms :/

Actually, you can if you do so from Map view. Just be aware, you can't have any stoves. I totally changed out the wall treatments in Wyvern Hall at Britechester-U. I added walls with doors on the showers to make them private. Gave them a row of kitchen counters that held a coffee maker, tea maker and popcorn maker, too. Next to these I placed a mini-fridge with a microwave on top. In one corner of the main room, I placed the Globe bar. I believe I even added curtains. I made it homey. Have fun!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    I kinda wish there was an option with showering like "shower and change into . . . "
    Sometimes I make my sims shower kind of like how you do in real life, like before a date, right after work, right before bed but then they change into thier normal cloths which isnt really a problem but then its a lil annoying when you wanna have them showr right before bed and then normal outft and you change them

Yes, it can be annoying, but I do noticed that when I send a Sim to bed, they take that moment to twirl into their designated sleepwear.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    GeekyCurlz wrote: »
    Businesses: Why can't there be an option for sims to live on their business? I know many of us just throw a bed and living necessities onto the lot anyways so it's easier to stay on the lot, but if they have to go to work the game will give you a loading screen and back to the original "home" lot. If there was a way to just have the home property also be the retail/restaurant/vet lot and not have to transfer business funds every time, it would make my gameplay so much more fun!

@GeekyCurlz Are you open to using mods? Little Ms Sam has one that allows this:

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175413151383/live-in-business-this-mod-adds-lot-traits-to-the
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    When did we get the plumbob ceiling fan? I never noticed this before...
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    edited January 2023
    When did we get the plumbob ceiling fan? I never noticed this before...

It came with the free base game update.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1003915/new-onboarding-ui-scaling-and-more#latest
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I'm in the process of renovating all of the premade lots. I've already given makeovers to the majority of the sims. My plan is to have a base save with the premades that I can play in (and rotate between the premades) because I'm bored of my sims. Does anyone else ever get bored with their own sims? I know many simmers prefer the premade Sims to their own but what about the ones that don't play premades?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    edited January 2023
    I'm in the process of renovating all of the premade lots. I've already given makeovers to the majority of the sims. My plan is to have a base save with the premades that I can play in (and rotate between the premades) because I'm bored of my sims. Does anyone else ever get bored with their own sims? I know many simmers prefer the premade Sims to their own but what about the ones that don't play premades?

Perhaps not the Sim per se, but the build they're in. I build my own houses for them, but after a time I just need a change. Recently, with the two kits that just dropped, pastel in particular, I decided to paper and repaint a few walls in my Rock Star's 'cottage'. (It's really a mansion, in HoB that he had built while he was at Uni.) I had fun and it was a nice diversion. Just what I needed. Plus I added a couple of mods which really shook up my gameplay. I may go find the sweet table for the Toddlers to sit at before I fire up my game today.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member

Perhaps not the Sim per se, but the build their in. I build my own houses for them, but after a time I just need a change. Recently, with the two kits that just dropped, pastel in particular, I decided to paper and repaint a few walls in my Rock Star's 'cottage'. (It's really a mansion, in HoB that he had built while he was at Uni.) I had fun and it was a nice diversion. Just what I needed. Plus I added a couple of mods which really shook up my gameplay. I may go find the sweet table for the Toddlers to sit at before I fire up my game today.

The way you described needing a change with your builds is exactly the way I feel about my sims. They've gotten stale to me. It's funny though, I used to think that way about the premade Sims.

Mods have helped keep me invested in this game far longer than it would have if I still played vanilla. Now, there are mods that I will never play without.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Hey is there a quick cheat to remove a moddlet that's annoying me? Rather than spending reward points on moodlet resolver since this one is coming from a bug, I'd like to cheat it out when I need to.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    Hey everyone!

Okay so, I was going to make a thread but I decided to leave a comment here. I feel bad atm about my game. :disappointed:

I want to start a fresh save and keep my current family. But I also want to keep another family that has been friends with my current family for a while now. So the only way I figured I could save both households is to join them together. However if I join them together there will be more than 8 Sims in the household. I know I can have more than 8 Sims by using cheats and mods, but I just found out that you can't save more than 8 Sims to the library/gallery. :'(

So now I'm trying to decide if I should just forget about the other household that has been friends with my current household and just start a new save. I mean, I don't know why it bothers me to start over and lose the relationship and also the progress of that other family.

The reason why I want to start fresh is because Neighborhood Stories went crazy in my game with deaths and babies. I mean the game killed Bob Pancakes for some reason (but I did bring him back to life). And the Goths have all these kids now, which is what I didn't want. So, my current save is out of control. Way too many babies and deaths (especially the babies). I've turned off NS, but the damage is done. lol

I don't know what to do. I wish there was a way to save a household of more than 8 sims to the gallery. What do you guys think I should do?

Thank you for reading! <3

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Save the other household individually? You can save any sim in the game via Manage Households, which I'm sure you already know. :)
    Daephene wrote: »
    Hey is there a quick cheat to remove a moddlet that's annoying me? Rather than spending reward points on moodlet resolver since this one is coming from a bug, I'd like to cheat it out when I need to.

I don't know the cheat, if there is one. Can you use mods? MCCC can help remove a
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

Okay so, I was going to make a thread but I decided to leave a comment here. I feel bad atm about my game. :disappointed:

I want to start a fresh save and keep my current family. But I also want to keep another family that has been friends with my current family for a while now. So the only way I figured I could save both households is to join them together. However if I join them together there will be more than 8 Sims in the household. I know I can have more than 8 Sims by using cheats and mods, but I just found out that you can't save more than 8 Sims to the library/gallery. :'(

So now I'm trying to decide if I should just forget about the other household that has been friends with my current household and just start a new save. I mean, I don't know why it bothers me to start over and lose the relationship and also the progress of that other family.

The reason why I want to start fresh is because Neighborhood Stories went crazy in my game with deaths and babies. I mean the game killed Bob Pancakes for some reason (but I did bring him back to life). And the Goths have all these kids now, which is what I didn't want. So, my current save is out of control. Way too many babies and deaths (especially the babies). I've turned off NS, but the damage is done. lol

I don't know what to do. I wish there was a way to save a household of more than 8 sims to the gallery. What do you guys think I should do?

Thank you for reading! <3

If you have MCCC, you can easily restore the friendships between the two families. I feel your pain. I have had to restart my family more times than I can even recall. When it comes to my ancestral family, the two households were good friends, in reality. In order to make that work in my game I use MCCC to set their relationships up front. I've even gone so far as to use the mailbox cheat to call over the individuals to make the relationship, using the mod. Happily, saving a family to your My Library doesn't remove their skills, as far as I know, nor the job progress, but it does cancel any relationships outside of the household. Before you upload each family, check where their friendship/romance levels are with the other family, so you can restore them later. Best of luck. And, yes, a brand new save does seem necessary in your case. In fact, I lost Thorne Bailey and Dirk Dreamer and decided enough was too much and that prompted a brand new start. I keep NS turned off at this point. More drama than the average person needs in their life. I'm just sorry with EA, a good idea generally goes too far. Oh, well. Best of luck!
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @GalacticGal I do use MCCC but I couldn't find that. I don't use all the modules though. Do you know which MCCC menu it's under?
    edited January 2023
    @GalacticGal I do use MCCC but I couldn't find that. I don't use all the modules though. Do you know which MCCC menu it's under?

Have the Sim you wish to reconnect active, then click on the Sim you wish to rebuild the relationship with. From there, select Relationship>Active Sim>Friendly/Romance Then choose the level you want.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Daephene - If you turn on testingcheats and right click on your Sim, you'll find a list of in-game cheats to use. With a bit of digging you should be able to find the buff for the moodlet and delete it. No mods needed! There is always UI Cheats Extension too if you have that. With that mod you can just right click on it and 'poof,' gone. UICE is one of my favorite mods. <3
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    I'm bored of my sims. Does anyone else ever get bored with their own sims?
    I don’t get bored of my sims but the game can get repetitive if you do the same thing for too long. So I will change their aspirations, make them a new home, set some gameplay goals for them and give them a makeover every few months. Sending them off on a new adventure usually fixes it! Sometimes I just switch to build mode or take a little break. But not bored of them, just anything can get boring if you do it too much.
    Thank you for replying @WildIrishBanshee and @GalacticGal . Thank you for the advice both of you. <3

Save the other household individually? You can save any sim in the game via Manage Households, which I'm sure you already know. :)

Yes, I'll probably do this and use MCCC.

If you have MCCC, you can easily restore the friendships between the two families. I feel your pain. I have had to restart my family more times than I can even recall. When it comes to my ancestral family, the two households were good friends, in reality. In order to make that work in my game I use MCCC to set their relationships up front. I've even gone so far as to use the mailbox cheat to call over the individuals to make the relationship, using the mod. Happily, saving a family to your My Library doesn't remove their skills, as far as I know, nor the job progress, but it does cancel any relationships outside of the household. Before you upload each family, check where their friendship/romance levels are with the other family, so you can restore them later. Best of luck. And, yes, a brand new save does seem necessary in your case. In fact, I lost Thorne Bailey and Dirk Dreamer and decided enough was too much and that prompted a brand new start. I keep NS turned off at this point. More drama than the average person needs in their life. I'm just sorry with EA, a good idea generally goes too far. Oh, well. Best of luck!

I guess I will use MCCC to restore the friendship. The other family has 3 kids (twin babies and a toddler), however I do have an earlier save where the mother is pregnant. So if I go back to that save I can combine the households and save them to My Library. But I will lose the progress of my current family, I mean it wasn't that much progress, just some changes have been made, and increased skills.

I was thinking of doing something mean and deleting the twins from the other family. If I do this I can combine the households and save them to My Library. But is it wrong to delete babies? :# I think I would feel bad. Would you feel bad @GalacticGal ?

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Does anyone else ever get bored with their own sims?

I think I would-- if I played with aging off. I like normal lifespan, I don't have a chance to get bored of them, and usually I feel like we've had enough time together (though not always).
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member

I think I would-- if I played with aging off. I like normal lifespan, I don't have a chance to get bored of them, and usually I feel like we've had enough time together (though not always).

Ahh I always found it a bit short when my sims died of old age when I played legacy. Not much too short, but like if you played the whole family sometimes one of them didn’t get to do much.
    JustinB113 wrote: »

Ahh I always found it a bit short when my sims died of old age when I played legacy. Not much too short, but like if you played the whole family sometimes one of them didn’t get to do much.

I prefer to play on Long, for that reason. Too little time to get every Sim where you need or might like to get them. :)
    Hey y'all!

Well, I started a new save, and saved my family to My Library, but now the relationship within the household has changed. The mother and father are now "sweethearts" but they were "soulmates" before. :( Has this happened to anyone else where you save a family to My Library and the relationship changes? I'm a bit upset about this. :(
  • SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    edited January 2023
    Something strange is going on with Vadislaus Straud in one of my saves. A child sim in my currently active family had a friend come home from school with him to hang out, and the fact that his last name was Straud made me curious enough to take a look at who was currently living in the Straud mansion.

Apparently Vlad got very lonely at some point, and decided to adopt four children, two dogs, and a cat. Decided to drop by, this being the first time anyone in any active household has ever visited there, and it's pure chaos.. and somehow the quintessential Loner vampire seems perfectly happy with the situation. The very sight of Vlad merrily playing with his children and running around taking care of various messes left me gasping with laughter.
    Post edited by SteveBridger on
  • SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    edited January 2023
    I'm working on a challenge build to create a wild bird sanctuary in Sulani. (No more than a 3 x 3 observation area can contain non-natural objects, among other criteria.) Is anyone aware of any issues with having more than one Flock of Wild Birds (the tree stump) object on the same lot?

It would have been really great if the wild birds changed character, depending on what world they're placed in. Having them become tropical birds if placed in Sulani or Selvadorada would be excellent.
    edited January 2023
    I'm working on a challenge build to create a wild bird sanctuary in Sulani. (No more than a 3 x 3 observation area can contain non-natural objects, among other criteria.) Is anyone aware of any issues with having more than one Flock of Wild Birds (the tree stump) object on the same lot?

It would have been really great if the wild birds changed character, depending on what world they're placed in. Having them become tropical birds if placed in Sulani or Selvadorada would be excellent.

I would love to have the larger Tropical birds back they gave us in Sims3. Erik was rather fond of his, and it was easier, with his schedule, to care for a bird. The chickens are far more of a hassle and so very needy. LOL

I'm sorry, not off-hand. I keep all of the modules in place. Try checking here: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top