Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Para-lives Or Sims 5?

124...Next

Comments

• TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Can't tell at this point but I'm pretty loyal to The Sims franchise so I'm betting that Sims 5 will be more to my liking. Unless they revert back to The Sims 3, I'll probably be happy.

I kinda feel bad for the Paralives team because there are a lot of people expecting big things from them and if they can't deliver and the likes of Twitter is still active, it's going to be really ugly for them. But if they create a game that disaffected simmers love? Great! We can all be happy and only EA loses out lol.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Currently have 4 computer games, Sims 1 through 4, which is more than enough. Add multiple interests and I have quite sufficient things to take the time I'm not working or sleeping.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited January 2023
    Paralives for sure. Sims 5, I'll wait and see. I'm more forgiving towards an upcoming indie studio and Alex and his team have been very open about what they're doing, what they're sharing and, when they're not ready for something -like possible release date- they will just say it.

Sims 4 was released with object babies that somehow aged up to kids, no pools or family trees. It still has a flimsy base due to the -later scratched- idea that multiplayer would make it shine, just right after that Sims Social online multiplayer debacle. Now, at Sims Summmit, we got a glimpse of cross-platform compatibility and it has me skeptical it will be the next project Olimpus: a poorly thought idea that'll burden the game engine since start and will drag on all of its EPs, GPs, SPs and Kits. Yeah, it'd be cool to play the Sims wherever but that'd result in lower specs because the game needs to run in a smartphone making PC and console simmers think it's not worth the trade off.

Not to mention I'm more forgiving towards a low-cost indie developer like Paralives Studio than I am towards a triple A developer like EA, I love life sims (and BB sims but I already own House Flipper) and would love to have more and I'd like EA get a dose of reality like the one they got from Paradox' Cities Skylines regarding SimCity
    Happy simming!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    LJK wrote: »
    Huh, Paralives. I completely forgot about that game.

Once Paralives is finished, has gotten enough content updates that the game is most likely going to get post-release (or very likely, DLC, which I'll dislike) and if it is well received, I'll check it out thoroughly through videos online to see if it's something I'd like, but there's a decent chance I'll pass. I already have enough games as it is and there's already more on my radar for this year. I also have my doubts as I'm not certain a life simulator game funded by Patrons could ever compete with The Sims. I hope it does well, but for me, Paralives has to blow my mind for me to buy it.

Paralives are planning on a few "paid" DLCs (Like Paranormals). But most other updates will be free DLCs. That's there plan so far.

6adMCGP.gif
    Yumeng wrote: »
    When the time comes, which one has my favorite zodiac signs, which one will be better. But if it's like the zodiac signs in Sims 3, then forget it.

Last I heard Paralives' devs aren't planning on using the real-life zoadic but creating their own zoadic signs. So if you're expecting the Gemi twins, the Tarus, Piseces, etc.. they aren't going to be in the game.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Yumeng wrote: »
    When the time comes, which one has my favorite zodiac signs, which one will be better. But if it's like the zodiac signs in Sims 3, then forget it.

Last I heard Paralives' devs aren't planning on using the real-life zoadic but creating their own zoadic signs. So if you're expecting the Gemi twins, the Tarus, Piseces, etc.. they aren't going to be in the game.

Well, if these created zodiac signs can correspond to the real twelve zodiac signs, it's also good. If there is no rule at all, I won't expect it.
    We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
  • Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    At this point, both games are in development with only a few released images. They will likely both be changed a lot before release.

I, however, am excited for Paralives to enter the market because it will be a competitor for EA and The Sims. Competition, in any market, is good news. Monopolies fall, but a balanced market with competition encourages creativity. EA should be rejoicing now, not afraid.
    Sarah26Cat wrote: »
    At this point, both games are in development with only a few released images. They will likely both be changed a lot before release.

I, however, am excited for Paralives to enter the market because it will be a competitor for EA and The Sims. Competition, in any market, is good news. Monopolies fall, but a balanced market with competition encourages creativity. EA should be rejoicing now, not afraid.

'There's tons of videos of Paralives on youtube from their channel and the first one was from 2019.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • sillysimmer3sillysimmer3 Posts: 18 Member
    They look really similar. I'm interested in seeing where it goes