Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Technology Degree Robe Refusal

Its a peeve of mine that sometimes sims seemed to not change into their graduation robes for the graduation, and I've always played in a way since the first time that happened, to be sure they approach the doors slowly and within plenty of time ...
Now it happened for the first time since way back then and I tried again and again with different approaches, then I looked it up and found this:
My main Sim's oldest son, Andrew, finally graduated from college with his technology degree (yay!) but there's one problem....

Screenshot-857_zps759c1a70.jpg

He never did change into his cap and gown! He went into the gym, came out with his diploma in hand, all in street clothes.

This happened earlier with my other tech graduate as well. My fine arts major in the same household changed into her cap and gown.

As it turns out my sim was doing the technology degree. It seems the game is making a joke, like Sheldon in the Big Bang Theory dismisses Howard's Engineering degree like its not a real degree.
I found a solution though!
My sim went back to an earlier version of his and her game and started university with a different degree, and graduated with a lovely gown. Then they went back to university, two more times for luck, and did Technology as their third and last degree. They then changed into a proper gown for its graduation ceremony. I think they might have had the same gown/sash (regalia) for all three. Anyway, I'm sure it would have worked for just two instead of three degrees.
So there you have it. If you're like me and are particular about it, you can send them to get a different degree first, then Technology as well after, to ensure they wear the proper outfit for it. It only took one week full time to do the second, and then one full time for the third degrees, because of the skills and credits gained from the first degree. It wasn't much extra work. My sims retook the aptitude before enrolling each time, I'm not sure if that matters to get the credits or not.

:)

Another thing I did one of the experimental times was to copy outfit in MC from a townie/NPC while they were in there, and that worked, but I didn't like that I wasn't sure if the sash was the right colour. The 'sending-for-another-first' way feels better to me.

I remember you from university, I still have your story.

Comments

• DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    I have just played a game where my sims did the technology degree as their second degree. They did not change into a proper cap and gown. So, it is on a THIRD degree that the technology degree gets a gown, by re-using one of their previous one's.
    Like I said before, by the time they get to the second and third degrees it only takes one term full-time to achieve, because their first degree gives them 30 credits already, leaving only 18 to go which is exactly 1 term with three classes/full time.

;)
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.