Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shadow sim

Yesterday a sim showered and came out all black, like a shadow, except for the eyes. Tracked it down to the CC outfit sim was wearing. Changed outfit, sim OK. Have seen the red and white thing and the small white squares, both of which show that there is likely a mesh issue, but not this one before. Mesh again or something else. Only other thing on sim were base game shoes.

Is there a useful way to track down the root causes and fix them? Have seen a few videos but the enthusiastic ytubers never mention the name of what they use or where it can be found.

Only mod is MCCC.

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited January 2023
    Not too sure as I make baby clothes mostly, but the one day I forgot to activate the transparency in one of the outfits, my background was yellow and the whole baby was bright yellow :o Could be that the transparency of the cc were not done and the background colour is black? Not sure exactly sorry.

edit, I will load up Sims4studio and test my theory quickly ;)
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    NyP4PoI.png
    Yip quite possible in sims4studio, I tested it with some shoes, will take the package in game now and see what happens ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    This is what it looked like in game with my test shoes
    YLkLxPH.png

You might have to ask the creator of the cc to check his/her transparency around the cc item's textures :)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Apart from visible shoes and bra that is what I got. I have no idea who made the CC so hope the file will have something. This is a start, thank you.
  • Options
    Apart from visible shoes and bra that is what I got. I have no idea who made the CC so hope the file will have something. This is a start, thank you.

It could be a cc top perhaps. I hope you get it sorted, happy simming :)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    this reminds me of the sims 3 bug with bonehilda where she turned into shadow lady when electrocuted :lol: find it kinda cool tbh
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free