Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packs you don't use at all?

Well my pack would be eco living.I never was a fan it.I did like some of the furniture.

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited January 2023
    I think I use something from every pack I own, even if it's just the CAS items. I regretted a few Sims 3 packs but I think I have avoided the ones I don't think I'd get the use out of this time round. I don't use the items in Toddler Stuff and Movie Stuff very often but I like having more toddler CAS items and one of my favourite hairstyles is in Movie Stuff. I should probably also use Tiny Living more frequently.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 547 Member
    The CAS is definitely the main selling point for the Toddler pack. Like @Mariefoxprice83 I don't buy packs if I think I'll get little use out of them. I think Bowling Stuff is the one I forget to use, although I enjoy it when I remember it's there;
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    I’m working through it all trying to really focus a pack at a time but in general gameplay there’s quite a bit I wouldn’t touch if I wasn’t trying to use it. I have a gym of the my fitness stuff to try it out, but I wouldn’t use any of these items generally. I’m not sure I’ve ever touched paranormal stuff or tiny living stuff.

In terms of bigger packs, werewolves, vampires, Get Famous, Eco lifestyle, Strangerville and MWS I don’t really touch at all, but obviously will when I play through them. But those items don’t really find their way into my general play.

The packs I use the most is stuff from seasons, HSY, City living, spa day, country living, and also some of the kits - Incheon arrivals, pastel pop, indoor plants tend to get used everywhere. I just bought courtyard oasis today and I like it so much more than I expected, I think I’ll use it a bit.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    Vampires. I have Vlad in my game and love introducing him to my freeze ray when he comes to call. Other than that I don't use it.

Werewolves. I'd intended to play a werewolf but then High School Years came along a month later and I just haven't had a chance to get back to Werewolves.

The rest of the packs I do incorporate into my gameplay although since we have so many packs it takes a while to get around to some features.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,826 Member
    I use a little something from every pack, either CAS or BB. Realm of Magic is the closest I come to not using a pack at all. That's a real bummer because it was one of the packs I was most excited for before it dropped.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    idk tbh if I were to say I don't use pack i would immediately find out theres some item thats in like all my gallery builds or on my sims :lol:

well I suppose I don't use the packs I don't have yet :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Outdoor retreat, I don’t think I use anything at all from it
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    edited January 2023
    Shockingly I don't have a pack I don't use something in. I use all the vacation worlds as vacation worlds, I use all businesses like restaurants, hot springs and spas. I play with legacies so I eventually get toddlers, children, elders and get to have a college life. My sims marry whoever they want (thanks to some romance mods) so I get occult spouses and kids from time to time.

Each legacy comes with new rules to keep things fresh and force me to use different jobs, and traits are chosen from a random generator so at some point I'll have played with every job and with every trait. I dress sims according to their personalities, likes and jobs so I get to use pretty much all the CAS at least once...even the stuff I hate.

BB items all get used (some more than others), I use home designer to redesign the interior of every home to match all the sims living in them so even the BB items I avoid get used as the home is designed for them and not according to my taste.

Game play wise? Popcorn machine and water slide are the only items I often forget about, but when I realized I didn't use them I placed the popcorn maker on a campsite for the kids when they go camping in the summer, and the water-slide in a water park (pool,) so they are pending use. Those would be the 2 game play items I rarely use.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

I never use Kids Room Stuff. Not even sure why I bought it. I hardly ever use Strangerville CAS or BB items. I will occasionally use the world as I think it's nice. I have a mod to turn the storyline off. I barely use the gameplay from Vampires or Realm of Magic. I got those mainly for the CAS and BB items.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,871 Member
    Of the ones I have, I use Spooky Stuff and Tiny Living the least, but every once in a while a build/buy item.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    Snowy Escape, Jungle Adventure, Paranormal, and a few more all ive done is used some CAS and Build items from them but not actually played the gameplay elements. But Im interested in exploring all three of them at some point.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I use a little bit of every pack, even if it is just some b/b items or a few CAS items. From a gameplay perspective I never used "Real of Magic". I don't play with occults and none of my Sims live in the small wood world that came with the GP. However, I love using certain CAS items and nearly every newborn Sim gets the beautiful crib.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • EleriEleri Posts: 547 Member
    To me, if you're using BB and CAS, you're still using the pack. Some packs are worth it just for CAS and/or BB, particularly some stuff packs when they're on sale.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    The Star Wars one - I have every EP, GP, SP and Kit because I have a fear of missing out on new content (lol) but the Star Wars one is so unappealing to me, I've never used it and probably never will.

I've played Strangerville once, which was fun but I'm not sure how re-playable it is, but I enjoyed the aesthetics a lot. Realm of Magic too possibly - i'm just not into the style
    s54gWQ5.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I own & use all my Packs. :p However, I will never own Bust the Dust & the two Clutter Kits. :s
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I would have to say bowling stuff. I rarely use anything that came in the stuff pack. I don't own every pack and I only buy the packs that I know I will use. I do have a couple of bowling allies. One in Willow Creek and another in Oasis Springs but my sims don't bowl often.

I don't own perfect patio or journey to battu and a few of the kits. These I will probably never buy. They just don't appeal to me.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I get a lot of use out of BB and CAS item from every pack I own.

Game play however ...
    Werewolves, I don't use. I can't stand how they look and avoid them at all costs, which makes me sad because I loved Werewolves is TS3. I don't get much use out of Outdoor Retreat. University and Pets, I don't use at all for game play. Strangerville and Batuu - I did once but haven't touched since. Snowy Escape I don't use much. Get Famous, I don't use a lot either for game play.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I never use the dust kit now, but now that they fixed that annoying smelling animation, I might start using it again.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I use items from every pack/kit, however I will say the My First Pet Stuff is the one I use least, other than the animal and maybe 1-2 pet items.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    Though I own it, I have yet to do anything with Laundry Day. This isn't due to any dislike of it, I just keep forgetting make use of anything included.

Come to think of it, I'm going to challenge a friend to create a romantic laundromat.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I use a little bit of every pack when it comes to build buy and cas.

When it comes to gameplay I did not use get famous for ages. I recently tried the fame system for the very first time to complete the aspiration for my supersim. Once the aspiration is complete, I will turn off the fame again. It is just not my thing.
    another pack I rarely use in terms of gameplay is cats and dogs. I just keep forgetting to add pets to households.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited January 2023
    The packs that I don't use are the packs that I don't own. My game expansion packs end with Snowy Escape. I skipped Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Living, Cottage Living, and High School Years. The game packs I have ended with Realm of Magic. I don't have Journey to Batuu, Dream Home Decorator, or My Wedding Stories. I own three kits plus the desert one that was free. I don't have Werewolves either.

I use stuff from all the packs I own or I wouldn't have bought them, My Sims go bowling, to the spa, to health centers and gyms, to art centers, museums, nightclubs, lounges, parks, and skating rinks. They vacation in Granite Falls, Sulani, Selvadorada, and Mt. Komorebi. I have Sims living and/or working in StrangerVille, Glimmerbrook, Sulani, and Mt. Komorebi. I thought I had missed Cool Kitchen but I use deco items from that pack. I just realized that I haven't used the ice cream maker in a long time though.

I like some of the build-and-buy items in the packs I don't own but I don't want to put up with the "quirkiness' that comes with them like celebrities and NAPs. It's possible that someday I'll get Cottage Living and maybe Journey to Batuu because I like the build-and-buy even though I have no interest in farm animals or having my Sims go to Batuu.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    All packs I have get used for their CAS & B/B. Very few are for their worlds or special features. Windenburg, Willow Creek, and sometimes Glimmerbrook are the usual residential ones, San Myshuno only for the festivals, the Hollow only for garlic harvesting, and the empty one for custom community lots. Selvadoria is a must for adventures. Have lived in the Sonora Desert IRL so have almost no interest in Oasis Springs or Strangerville. The others I forget even exist. On the rare occasion I use the machine that goes beyond DU, add Henford to the resident list.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Well my pack would be eco living.I never was a fan it.I did like some of the furniture.

Eco Lifestyle is a pack I regret getting. It’s not about saving Evergreen Harbour. You influence the environment via build mode. That’s not what I wanted. It should my Sims and their actions that determine the environment.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Movie hangout, the Sims kept making and burning the popcorn and letting it sit to rot, the projector screens break down in the rain and, while there's some really nice sofas and pouffs, they're pretty loud and I have hardly ever used them.
    Happy simming!