Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 Ideas

Comments

• YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
    You know what I really miss from Sims 3? Supernatural!! You could be a witch, ghost, werewolf, fairy, or a vampire!! There was such a great selection all in one expansion pack. I would love to see another Sims Supernatural with all of those options in it again.

I also wish they could be grouped together in the same expansion pack, rather than multiple game packs. However, if the developers can craft all kinds of supernatural games in detail, I have no objection to scattering them across different packs. I still don't want Sims 5 to have a variety of packs, though. I think expansion and stuff packs like Sims 2 & 3 are enough.
    We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    adding laundry in the sims5 basegame with the option to chose between having a top load washer in sims houses or front load washer depending on story purpose and size of sim house
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    adding laundry in the sims5 basegame with the option to chose between having a top load washer in sims houses or front load washer depending on story purpose and size of sim house

I also think laundry should be in the Sims 5 base game.
    We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Any occult that is added MUST NOT be nerfed. Ever. No matter how many people whine and cry. No more nerfing occults.

On top of that, go back to the old ways of adding occults constantly, and not just one every 2-4 years. Occult players are just as valid as realism players.
    Any occult that is added MUST NOT be nerfed. Ever. No matter how many people whine and cry. No more nerfing occults.

On top of that, go back to the old ways of adding occults constantly, and not just one every 2-4 years. Occult players are just as valid as realism players.

Occults have become a part of Sims series, and there should be a occult in each expansion pack.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 370 Member
    kemowery wrote: »
    Height sliders, but I have a very specific request for them. I don't want just completely analog height sliders. Just have, say six set heights: Infant, Toddler, Very Short, Short, Average, and Tall.

I posted this a day or two before lilsimsie did a video about Luumia's height sliders and height presets. The presets are almost exactly the thing I want, though they show some of the difficulties as well, with animations not always lining up properly, and whatever technique is used to increase or decrease height also messing with proportions.
    Height sliders, but I have a very specific request for them. I don't want just completely analog height sliders. Just have, say six set heights: Infant, Toddler, Very Short, Short, Average, and Tall.

I posted this a day or two before lilsimsie did a video about Luumia's height sliders and height presets. The presets are almost exactly the thing I want, though they show some of the difficulties as well, with animations not always lining up properly, and whatever technique is used to increase or decrease height also messing with proportions.

I hope the Sims team will have a better way.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2023
    I would love some points system for traits back—but not tied to Zodiac signs again, though.

I’m against zodiac sign incorporation since my irl zodiac Sun sign (Scorpio) tends to get either terrible one-dimensional stereotypes (that doesn’t take into consideration the influence of Moon signs, Rising signs, and other astrology zodiac aspects) or gets misunderstood a lot...

I liked Sims 3’s way of doing traits as well, but it would be nice to add more depth such as points or the extent (strength) or frequency of such traits.

And, yes, I would love the return of detailed animations of Sims from the past older games such as opening/closing doors, entering cars, etc.

Supernatural beings from the past (like mermaids, fairies, vamps, werewolves, skeletal maid, imaginary friend, living scarecrow, mummies, etc) along a with some new ones would be awesome to see in future sims games again.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    I would love some points system for traits back—but not tied to Zodiac signs again, though.

I’m against zodiac sign incorporation since my irl zodiac Sun sign (Scorpio) tends to get either terrible one-dimensional stereotypes (that doesn’t take into consideration the influence of Moon signs, Rising signs, and other astrology zodiac aspects) or gets misunderstood a lot...

I liked Sims 3’s way of doing traits as well, but it would be nice to add more depth such as points or the extent (strength) or frequency of such traits.

And, yes, I would love the return of detailed animations of Sims from the past older games such as opening/closing doors, entering cars, etc.

Supernatural beings from the past (like mermaids, fairies, vamps, werewolves, skeletal maid, imaginary friend, living scarecrow, mummies, etc) along a with some new ones would be awesome to see in future sims games again.

I like Scorpio people. Scorpio people are charming, smart and interesting for me. Whether there are zodiac signs in the game or not, they still exist in the real world. If only the game could improve the impression of the zodiac signs in the real world.

Yes, I always like the detailed animations of Sims.
  • Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    I'd love to see zombies return in TS5.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Yumeng wrote: »

I like Scorpio people. Scorpio people are charming, smart and interesting for me. Whether there are zodiac signs in the game or not, they still exist in the real world. If only the game could improve the impression of the zodiac signs in the real world.

Why, thank you! 🤗

If zodiac is put in, I would love some room to adjust, and maybe some more customization in an attraction system, in a more in-depth way compared to older games.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    Lbphart3 wrote: »
    I'd love to see zombies return in TS5.

Yes, I like zombies in TS2. Though I didn't play zombies in TS3 so much, I also hope to see zombies in TS5.

Why, thank you! 🤗

If zodiac is put in, I would love some room to adjust, and maybe some more customization in an attraction system, in a more in-depth way compared to older games.

🤗 Yes! I agree with you very much, I like more customization in an attraction system in a more in-depth way.
  • Okto84Okto84 Posts: 197 Member
    I really like the idea of sims having a set birthday in the in-game calendar. I'm totally indifferent about zodiac signs, the main thing I think is having freedom to choose the birthday and all traits if I want to.
    Okto84 wrote: »
    I really like the idea of sims having a set birthday in the in-game calendar. I'm totally indifferent about zodiac signs, the main thing I think is having freedom to choose the birthday and all traits if I want to.

If you choose a birthday, then they should design a real calendar, with the month and day, and then there will be zodiac signs naturally.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    @Yumeng how about for teens finishing high school before they get to transition into young adult they get a ceremonie for there high school diploma and then gets to party with there friends and classmate with who they graduated and the next following day if its there birthday if aging is turn on in game option for players that plays storys become young adult having the option to start working or getting a higher education to help them advance faster in there choice of carrer?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    @Yumeng how about for teens finishing high school before they get to transition into young adult they get a ceremonie for there high school diploma and then gets to party with there friends and classmate with who they graduated and the next following day if its there birthday if aging is turn on in game option for players that plays storys become young adult having the option to start working or getting a higher education to help them advance faster in there choice of carrer?

Yes, they could set the option to start working or going to university for the young adults. Or they could design a function for university entrance examination and an interview function when looking for a job. I think it would be very interesting.
  • Okto84Okto84 Posts: 197 Member

If you choose a birthday, then they should design a real calendar, with the month and day, and then there will be zodiac signs naturally.

I think a lot of players would like zodiac signs in game, so it would be good to see that happen. Main thing for me is that it doesn't stop us choosing traits ourselves independantly.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    I want Sims that acknowledge one another. I mean If I am invited by a Sim he will not leave me alone and ignore me to go to his computer or something else. Same if I invite a Sim. I am tired of Sims that I invite to my house that ignore me for the PC, the TV or just reading a book.

I think a lot of players would like zodiac signs in game, so it would be good to see that happen. Main thing for me is that it doesn't stop us choosing traits ourselves independantly.

Yes, I hope we could choose any trait not only three traits.
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I want Sims that acknowledge one another. I mean If I am invited by a Sim he will not leave me alone and ignore me to go to his computer or something else. Same if I invite a Sim. I am tired of Sims that I invite to my house that ignore me for the PC, the TV or just reading a book.

I totally agree with you. I hope sims are smarter. When they meet for the first time, they could introduce themselves or others on their own initiative. When there is no special event, the sims could always accompany the host or guest, etc.
  • Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    edited January 2023
    I have a couple thoughts: First, on all Expansion packs, note, we do not like nagging reminders and free stuff we could get elsewhere. In TS2 I remembered some guy would come up to your door with a free computer, and in TS3 we got a University Mascot bugging us on day 1, along with a free time machine. Features like this are more interesting if I have to do some steps to get/purchase the time machine. And the University Prep kit is in the buy mode catalogue. Keep your free earbuds to yourself, and let me buy them too, TS4.

University: It is understandable that you'd need to give us some base game careers, but being able to, for instance, join the medical field is unrealistic without a degree. Maybe a rabbithole university could be base game. That way you could expand it by allowing us to follow a student to college in an expansion pack, but keep cross-pack compatibility for all of your expansions and their careers.

Occults: Whether you add these in one pack or many, I honestly almost never play occult sims. Though I do usually like the often Gothic/ worn furniture that comes in these packs. Players like me do like options to turn off the occult features. I don't like going to university and seeing many students running around with fairy wings, and such. In TS4, I don't have any of them yet, but I've seen too many videos where vampires have come out to your regular sims worlds, and It would break the emersion for me.

Celebrity: These are kinda like occults for me. If a setting could, say limit them to a certain world, atleast, I'd be happy. Atleast when they're not in their "Casual mode" with the hat and glasses. That way my sims won't faint over a celeb while getting their groceries, or whatever. And yes, I'd love to be able to go grocery shopping.

Rabbitholes: I don't mind if the base game comes with a bunch of rabbitholes. But I would like it if, with later expansion packs, these very rabbitholes could be opened up and become more active parts of the game. For instance, In TS3, we got rabbithole restaurants in the base game, and in a later store kit, thingie, I think, you added a "run your own restaurant" thing, but these were separate from the rabbitholes. I'd suggest it that if you got xyz expansion pack, suddenly when you go to enter a restaurant, it actually opens up as an actual lot and you can buy the business and run it if you choose, or just leave it and the system would run it on automatic if you don't. So there would be actual food there if you didn't click it and say hire a chef, which I remembered was an issue with the TS3 version.

Sarah26Cat wrote: »
    I have a couple thoughts: First, on all Expansion packs, note, we do not like nagging reminders and free stuff we could get elsewhere. In TS2 I remembered some guy would come up to your door with a free computer, and in TS3 we got a University Mascot bugging us on day 1, along with a free time machine. Features like this are more interesting if I have to do some steps to get/purchase the time machine. And the University Prep kit is in the buy mode catalogue. Keep your free earbuds to yourself, and let me buy them too, TS4.

University: It is understandable that you'd need to give us some base game careers, but being able to, for instance, join the medical field is unrealistic without a degree. Maybe a rabbithole university could be base game. That way you could expand it by allowing us to follow a student to college in an expansion pack, but keep cross-pack compatibility for all of your expansions and their careers.

Occults: Whether you add these in one pack or many, I honestly almost never play occult sims. Though I do usually like the often Gothic/ worn furniture that comes in these packs. Players like me do like options to turn off the occult features. I don't like going to university and seeing many students running around with fairy wings, and such. In TS4, I don't have any of them yet, but I've seen too many videos where vampires have come out to your regular sims worlds, and It would break the emersion for me.

Celebrity: These are kinda like occults for me. If a setting could, say limit them to a certain world, atleast, I'd be happy. Atleast when they're not in their "Casual mode" with the hat and glasses. That way my sims won't faint over a celeb while getting their groceries, or whatever. And yes, I'd love to be able to go grocery shopping.

Rabbitholes: I don't mind if the base game comes with a bunch of rabbitholes. But I would like it if, with later expansion packs, these very rabbitholes could be opened up and become more active parts of the game. For instance, In TS3, we got rabbithole restaurants in the base game, and in a later store kit, thingie, I think, you added a "run your own restaurant" thing, but these were separate from the rabbitholes. I'd suggest it that if you got xyz expansion pack, suddenly when you go to enter a restaurant, it actually opens up as an actual lot and you can buy the business and run it if you choose, or just leave it and the system would run it on automatic if you don't. So there would be actual food there if you didn't click it and say hire a chef, which I remembered was an issue with the TS3 version.

Yes. I don't like nagging reminders either. Rabbithole of university in BG is fine, or what about letting these jobs that need degrees appear together with university EP. Sometimes I don't like occults either, I hope sims live in different worlds don't visit other worlds frequently.
  • GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member
    Open world, gradual aging, family trees/complex relationships . . . a robust PC game.
    Gigge wrote: »
    Open world, gradual aging, family trees/complex relationships . . . a robust PC game.

I hope open world in TS5 will be better than that in TS3. In TS3, sims don't act inside the houses until you visit them. Gradual aging and complex relationships are nice. Parents' siblings' children are closer than parents' cousins' children.