Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5 Zodiac Traits

YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
There are three categories of traits: Sun Traits, Moon Traits and Rising Traits. These three categories all have the same 48 traits. Each Sun Trait rotates in the time system and the calendar system once 24 hours. Each Moon Trait rotates in the time system once 12 hours. Each Rising Trait rotates in the time system once 6 hours. When a Sim person is born, the Sim person has either three different traits, two identical and one different traits, or three identical traits. If a Sim person has three identical traits then this kind of trait of the Sim person is the strongest, and so on. It is free to change any trait after the system automatically generates the three zodiac traits according to the time system. If the Sun Trait of a Sim person is the same as the Moon Trait of another Sim person, then the two Sim persons will love each other easily. Astrologers can give Sim persons blind dates.

The 48 Zodiac Traits are:
Trait Pisces-Aries(雙魚白羊象) = Renewal
Trait AriesⅠ(白羊象一) = Child
Trait AriesⅡ(白羊象二) = Star
Trait AriesⅢ(白羊象三) = Pioneer
Trait Aries-Taurus(白羊金牛象) = Power
Trait TaurusⅠ(金牛象一) = Manifestation
Trait TaurusⅡ(金牛象二) = Teacher
Trait TaurusⅢ(金牛象三) = Natural
Trait Taurus-Gemini(金牛陰陽象) = Energy
Trait GeminiⅠ(陰陽象一) = Freedom
Trait GeminiⅡ(陰陽象二) = New Language
Trait GeminiⅢ(陰陽象三) = Seeker
Trait Gemini-Cancer(陰陽巨蟹象) = Magic
Trait CancerⅠ(巨蟹象一) = Empath
Trait CancerⅡ(巨蟹象二) = Unconventional
Trait CancerⅢ(巨蟹象三) = Persuader
Trait Cancer-Leo(巨蟹獅子象) = Oscillation
Trait LeoⅠ(獅子象一) = Authority
Trait LeoⅡ(獅子象二) = Balanced Strength
Trait LeoⅢ(獅子象三) = Leadership
Trait Leo-Virgo(獅子雙女象) = Exposure
Trait VirgoⅠ(雙女象一) = System Builders
Trait VirgoⅡ(雙女象二) = Enigma
Trait VirgoⅢ(雙女象三) = Literalist
Trait Virgo-Libra(雙女天秤象) = Beauty
Trait LibraⅠ(天秤象一) = Perfectionist
Trait LibraⅡ(天秤象二) = Society
Trait LibraⅢ(天秤象三) = Theater
Trait Libra-Scorpio(天秤天蝎象) = Drama
Trait ScorpioⅠ(天蝎象一) = Intensity
Trait ScorpioⅡ(天蝎象二) = Depth
Trait ScorpioⅢ(天蝎象三) = Charm
Trait Scorpio-Sagittarius(天蝎人馬象) = Revolution
Trait SagittariusⅠ(人馬象一) = Independence
Trait SagittariusⅡ(人馬象二) = Originator
Trait SagittariusⅢ(人馬象三) = Titan
Trait Sagittarius-Capricorn(人馬磨羯象) = Prophecy
Trait CapricornⅠ(磨羯象一) = Ruler
Trait CapricornⅡ(磨羯象二) = Determination
Trait CapricornⅢ(磨羯象三) = Dominance
Trait Capricorn-Aquarius(磨羯寳瓶象) = Imagination
Trait AquariusⅠ(寳瓶象一) = Genius
Trait AquariusⅡ(寳瓶象二) = Youth & Ease
Trait AquariusⅢ(寳瓶象三) = Acceptance
Trait Aquarius-Pisces(寳瓶雙魚象) = Sensitivity
Trait PiscesⅠ(雙魚象一) = Spirit
Trait PiscesⅡ(雙魚象二) = Loner
Trait PiscesⅢ(雙魚象三) = Dreamers

For Example:
Cassandra Goth
Trait 1 (Sun Trait): Vir II = Enigma
Trait 2 (Moon Trait): Vir II = Enigma
Trait 3 (Rising Trait): Vir II = Enigma
In this way, Cassandra is Enigma multiplied by 3.
God
Trait 1 (Sun Trait): Vir I = System Builders
Trait 2 (Moon Trait): Vir III = Literalist
Trait 3 (Rising Trait): Vir II = Enigma
In this way, God has 3 different traits.
Traits of the 48 Periods & Cusps of U.S.A
Discoverers: Gary Goldschneider & Joost Elffers
jr31p8sf1cvu.png
Alchemists can change everything into all kinds of coins. A copper coin equals 1 simo, a silver coin equals 10 simos, a golden coin equals 100 simos, a roentgen coin equals 1,000 simos. Sims can pick up simos from the ground or deposit them in a bank or a safe and they must change simos into afris, asias, euros when they're going to use simos in Africa, Asia, Europe. The exchange rate fluctuates every day.
We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
Post edited by Yumeng on

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Are they actually doing Western zodiac? Gotta use something, but the AD&D alignment system (a sliding scale of lawful to chaotic on one axis, and good to evil on the other) plus archetypes with their own traits on a scale also (in D&D, fantasy species are used such as dwarves, elves, humans, orcs, but one could as easily substitute any designated personality template, plus have differences for occults).

Zodiac are like Tarot card archetypes I guess, but using the chaotic-to-lawful scale on one axis and the good-to-evil on the other would be more useful in generating more unique sims.

I would rewrite the old dnd alignment system to one in which each sim has a dot on the coordinate grid in which one axis runs between orderliness and randomness, and the other runs between altruistic or group-serving, and selfish or self-serving.

Because good and evil are hard to define but most of what we call good and evil boil down to whether we choose to benefit ourselves at the expense of others on one extreme, or sacrifice ourselves for others on the other.

Order to chaos on the other axis just describes how much the individual's actions are consistent with rules, and how much that individuals actions are unpredictable and disregard rules, and how much value they place on order vs. freedom from restrictions.

So a Rebel might be far on the disorderly end while a Proper sim would be far on the orderliness end, but either one could be altruistic or else self-centered.

Alternatively you could write that axis as a scale of empathy, with more empathy equalling being more likely to act for others' benefit and deny self-interest, and less empathy being more likely to put self-interest ahead of anyone else's needs and disregard what benefits the group, plus a tendency to be caring and nurturing would go with higher empathy scores, and a tendency to be callous and even capable of cold-blooded harm to others for personal gain, on the lowest end of the empathy scale.

Oh well I'm not part of making sims5, I just dislike the zodiacs because they are, no matter how many contrivance of detail are tacked onto them, at heart an arbitrary system plucked from imagination based on cultural bias.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member
    I do not want zodiac stuff back in the Sims.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I want zodiac as a minor influence on attraction, but I do not want the personality points/sliders to determine what zodiac you are and vice versa. They should be independent
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Dear God, that sounds like way too much to keep track of. What was even the point of zodiac signs?
  • EleriEleri Posts: 534 Member
    edited January 2023
    Zodiac signs in the Sims 2 were basically shorthand for personality types. You could assign your sims personality points (e.g. 6/10 playful, 3/10 neat, 7/10 outgoing, etc.), and the game would assign the sim a zodiac sign based on that, or you could pick a zodiac sign and the game would populate personality points based on that. They were not two separate things. Once you created the sim and put them in the world, their zodiac classification would influence the sort of sims they were attracted to.

The zodiac signs in Sims 2 actually had nothing to do with when you were born. Twins would have different zodiac signs if they had different personalities.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    Zodiac signs in the Sims 2 were basically shorthand for personality types. You could assign your sims personality points (e.g. 6/10 playful, 3/10 neat, 7/10 outgoing, etc.), and the game would assign the sim a zodiac sign based on that, or you could pick a zodiac sign and the game would populate personality points based on that. They were not two separate things. Once you created the sim and put them in the world, their zodiac classification would influence the sort of sims they were attracted to.

The zodiac signs in Sims 2 actually had nothing to do with when you were born. Twins would have different zodiac signs if they had different personalities.

Yes, if we don't just use the sun sign, twins can have the same sun sign and have different personalities.
    We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    @yumeng as well as regular zodiac sign how about adding for sims chinese zodiac as well?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    While I am not a believer of zodiac sign affecting personality, it would be a interesting option to have traits be randomized based on the zodiac sign. I think that would be the best of both worlds.
    @yumeng as well as regular zodiac sign how about adding for sims chinese zodiac as well?

I hope so, however, even if they don't add chinese zodiac I also understand, if they add them that would be nice. Although not quite the same, the Chinese zodiac is somewhat similar to Jupiter signs.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    While I am not a believer of zodiac sign affecting personality, it would be a interesting option to have traits be randomized based on the zodiac sign. I think that would be the best of both worlds.

Yes!! It's fine whether I believe or not, it would be interesting~~ That's why I like the Sims series. This will make my sims more unique.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2023
    I wouldn’t like zodiac signs in future games, since my irl Sun sign has awful stereotypes (Scorpio). 😔 I do like (and lightly believe in) in astrology, but most media makes signs like mine look horrible or one-dimensional, etc.

Edited to add: And I didn’t like it being included in Sims 2, either. I usually tried to ignore it, and hadn’t had too much trouble ignoring the signs and just playing the sims I wanted them to play by adjusting the basic personality trait stats and the sims’ actual actions.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    I wouldn’t like zodiac signs in future games, since my irl Sun sign has awful stereotypes (Scorpio). 😔 I do like (and lightly believe in) in astrology, but most media makes signs like mine look horrible or one-dimensional, etc.

Edited to add: And I didn’t like it being included in Sims 2, either. I usually tried to ignore it, and hadn’t had too much trouble ignoring the signs and just playing the sims I wanted them to play by adjusting the basic personality trait stats and the sims’ actual actions.

Mine is VirgoⅠ(8.26-9.2), and ScorpioⅠ(10.26-11.2) is the sign of my classmates I like in primary school and high school.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2023
    Yumeng wrote: »

Mine is VirgoⅠ(8.26-9.2), and ScorpioⅠ(10.26-11.2) is the sign of my classmates I like in primary school and high school.

Well… Virgo is one of the Earth signs that is said to be compatible with Scorpio, hehe! 😁

Oh! Would like it if we could customize attraction aspects as well, like the attraction system in the past, but maybe with some more depth. (I think it was Sims 2 or Sims 3 that had it in introduced during one of the expansion releases? I can’t remember. The one where you can choose some superficial aspects that Sims can be attracted by like hair color.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    Yumeng wrote: »

Well… Virgo is one of the Earth signs that is said to be compatible with Scorpio, hehe! 😁

Oh! Would like it if we could customize attraction aspects as well, like the attraction system in the past, but maybe with some more depth. (I think it was Sims 2 or Sims 3 that had it in introduced during one of the expansion releases? I can’t remember. The one where you can choose some superficial aspects that Sims can be attracted by like hair color.)

Yes, it's the system in Sims 2, I like the system :)
    edited July 2023
    This is currently the most applicable personality based system, and it is statistically calculated. Even if it is not scientific, it doesn't matter. It's a game anyway.
    Post edited by Yumeng on
    Ari(白羊座) Tau(金牛座) Gem(陰陽座) Can(巨蟹座) Leo(獅子座) Vir(雙女座)
    Lib(天秤座) Sco(天蝎座) Sag(人馬座) Cap(磨羯座) Aqu(寳瓶座) Pis(雙魚座)
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    I like the simple and easy-to-understand Horoscope from Sims 1,but it should be customizable in Sims 5. We could have serious and wise Tauruses,fun-loving and party animal Capricorns,mean and greedy Pisces,etc.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    I'd vote no on any iteration of Astrology in the game. I don't understand any of that and have better things to do with my time than figuring out a system like that. I mostly ignored it from earlier Sims games, and found TS1 slightly confusing for how its personality system was so tied to it.

I wouldn't mind if numerals were brought back for some basic traits, as long as we still have traits like TS3. And I want more than 3 of them. I'd like for them to effect more than common moodlets as happens in TS4.

IRL Personality theory is a deep topic of research, and no matter what you read in pop-psychology, there are more dimensions to a human than most personality tests allow for. Research isn't even sure right now how many there are.
  • WrathSixxWrathSixx Posts: 33 Member
    I love astrology/zodiac and am extremely well versed in sun, moon, rising signs, what they mean for someone's personality etc. however, I think this approach would make it much more complicated than it should be.

I would absolutely LOVE for zodiac to be in the sims 5, but I think in CAS you can assign their star sign, and it might make them more susceptible to different emotions. I think it would be good for it to be based on times of year too, so if your sim were to have a baby in the fall, it could be a Scorpio, or in the summer, Cancer etc.

I think that would please the people that would love to see the return of star signs, and it's not such an invasive feature that people who have zero interest, would have to learn about.

This approach may be a little complicated for some players, however it is easy for developers. It's just a game, but if it's too easy for players, then it'll be no interesting soon.
    This is currently the most applicable personality based system, and it is statistically calculated. Even if it is not scientific, it doesn't matter. It's a game anyway.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited July 2023
    I’ll be the first to say that this is a convoluted system. I’m happy with a randomly generated zodiac sign that has a modest influence on platonic and romantic attraction.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Zodiac is pointless I do not want personality tied to a birth month I hated that in past games one of the few things I was happy to lose in Sims 4. The zodiac needs to stay gone I don't need others belief system forced on me or my Sims now a personality point system needs to return.

All these should return with a point system just not tied to the zodiac with added romance personality points added into the base game.

Shy/Outgoing
    Grouchy/Nice
    Serious/Playful
    Sloppy/Neat
    Lazy/Active
    Unromantic/Romantic

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"