Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buy My Wedding Stories and Werewolves packs or not?

I know that the game packs are usually 30% off when on sale, but the My Wedding Stories and Werewolves packs are still 25% off at the moment. Is it a good idea to wait a bit longer until they are 30% off? Could it ever be 30% off?

Comments

• Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    Wedding Stories is a broken pack that takes your perfectly working base game weddings and breaks it. You are technically just paying EA to break your weddings so imo I'd hold off on that one. Warewolf doesn't break your game so if you really really want it then you could bite the bullet and get it, but if you are not desperate or anything it won't kill you to wait.
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited January 2023
    Don't know if it would be 30% off, but if I were to choose one, I'd go with Werewolves. My Wedding Stories, well... see above. Werewolves was a solid pack, in my opinion, with a great world. I'd get it now if it's on sale and you like occults.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    edited January 2023
    I agree with the others. Werewolves is a good pack that actually works like it should. I can definitely recommend it. My wedding stories is a mess. The world and cas is nice but it removes the base game wedding party from the game which is a shame.

As for the sale itself as far as I know 25% discount for GP seem to be more common than 30% discount. I suppose there will be a 30% discount at some point but you might be in for a long wait. To be honest no one knows for sure what future discounts will offer, my guess is as good as yours. Then again for game packs the price difference between 25 and 30% is only 1€ (depends on your currency of course) . Is it up to you if that amount is reason enough for you to hold off longer.
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Hardly hold any weddings but for the CAS and BB items, and the world id say 30% is not bad. Like the user above said, it’s rarely more than 25% off and it’s not known how soon the next deal will be.
    Unless you’re planning a wedding everyday, go for it.
  • TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    Don't buy My Wedding Stories. It's still broken even after all this time. I don't know about Werewolves since I don't play occults.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 534 Member
    Also, you should consider how interested you are in the concepts. Werewolves has two things on tap: in depth occult game play and grunge aesthetic for BB and CAS. For me, that's great, but if you don't like using grunge style and you don't enjoy playing with occults, the pack won't be worth it.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    I have both but I can only really recommend to get Werewolves
    that too ofcourse only if you play with occults and like werewolves since thats all there is gonna be in this pack

I do use wedding pack fair bit but I am still salty how buggy and broken it is
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited January 2023
    slightly off topic but on subject of buying packs:
    since when is High School Years 38% off?
    that is such a strange percentage :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »

I know right, I had to double back and look at that. lol
  • Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 693 Member
    I first bought Werewolves only for the build items, but I got drawn into the gameplay and I am in love with it. Teen werewolves make me laugh so hard. I was looking for distraction during a high-stress period of my life and got so much more. Laugher is more healing than distraction.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    Also, you should consider how interested you are in the concepts. Werewolves has two things on tap: in depth occult game play and grunge aesthetic for BB and CAS. For me, that's great, but if you don't like using grunge style and you don't enjoy playing with occults, the pack won't be worth it.

This is true for all DLC. With so many packs available it is best to only get those you are interested in.
    Simmingal wrote: »

It is an odd number but that is the percentage you need to turn the full price of 40 € into the round price of 25€
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Just gonna chime in and say the same thing as many already said-- I have both, and Werewolves is a much better pack.
    I use the build/buy and CAS constantly and have played 2 werewolf sims so far. They are very well-developed, lots of fun, can be played in very many different ways depending on pack, perks and temperaments. Also, not buggy.
    Both packs come with interesting premades and beautiful worlds with a small number of lots. Moonwood Mill has a lot more gameplay going on in the neighborhood terrain areas.

I would say My Wedding Stories is best either for people who really want to throw big complicated weddings often, or people who really love the Mediterranean world of Tartosa.
    gen3-banner.png
    Just gonna chime in and say the same thing as many already said-- I have both, and Werewolves is a much better pack.
    I use the build/buy and CAS constantly and have played 2 werewolf sims so far. They are very well-developed, lots of fun, can be played in very many different ways depending on pack, perks and temperaments. Also, not buggy.
    Both packs come with interesting premades and beautiful worlds with a small number of lots. Moonwood Mill has a lot more gameplay going on in the neighborhood terrain areas.

I would say My Wedding Stories is best either for people who really want to throw big complicated weddings often, or people who really love the Mediterranean world of Tartosa.

I wouldn't suggest My Wedding Stories to people who want weddings as the pack makes weddings tedious and annoying with all the broken things, glitches and clicking required to just get to the alter. As strange as it may be, I'd only recommend the pack on a 50% sale to a person not interested in having 1) a big wedding or 2) not planning on having a lot of weddings. The build buy is nice enough, the CAS is ok, the world is just a set and doesn't count as anything and the gameplay is broken.

It is a shame b.c I really liked the pack and would have gotten use out of CAS, BB and gameplay, but EA wants to sell a broken object at full price and that makes no sense. lol
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    Obviously it depends what you like but it seems that there is a difference in quality between the packs.

Werewolves does what it set out to do and generally people are pleased with it and it reviews highly. It’s usually either at the top or near to the top of game pack tier lists. MWS has some technical issues and generally people are mixed about it. It reviews low to average with the occasional high usually from people who just love Tartosa. It’s often at the bottom of game pack tier lists.

If you were planning one or the other then the answer is most likely you will have a better time with werewolves unless you really don’t like the theme or really love Tartosa.

As for waiting for a bigger sale, I guess this depends on how much money the extra 5 percent is and what you can spare. I would say Werewolves by all accounts seems worth it at 25 percent off.
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Obviously it depends what you like but it seems that there is a difference in quality between the packs.

Werewolves does what it set out to do and generally people are pleased with it and it reviews highly. It’s usually either at the top or near to the top of game pack tier lists. MWS has some technical issues and generally people are mixed about it. It reviews low to average with the occasional high usually from people who just love Tartosa. It’s often at the bottom of game pack tier lists.

If you were planning one or the other then the answer is most likely you will have a better time with werewolves unless you really don’t like the theme or really love Tartosa.

As for waiting for a bigger sale, I guess this depends on how much money the extra 5 percent is and what you can spare. I would say Werewolves by all accounts seems worth it at 25 percent off.

Yeah MWS is only pretty to look at but warewolves actually offers content. Its like asking which should I buy, this poster of spider man or the spider man video game. lol
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited March 2023
    Depends what you'll get more use out of.

Wedding Stories? It's less of a disaster than when it first came out thankfully, so weddings work as they do, but also has some micro managing to it. Could have did more with it, but it is what it is unfortunately. CAS is very beautiful in formal attire for everyone. BB some very lovely items in it that can be used for more things than just a wedding. Toasting ice bucket and the traditional tea set makes for nice gameplay items to use normally or for parties. Sims can even serve tea to another. The new world is very beautiful, wish it had more lots though makes for a nice vacation spot at least, but you can buy and try samples of wedding cakes. Can make your own if your sim has a high level of cooking.

Werewolves is a nice pack if you enjoy playing with occults or just like causing havoc. Because Werewolves are definitely a menace to society when rampaging. I'm not big on them, but I enjoyed playing around with them and just peeing on all the things, especially in Sim's homes. If anything I LOVE the grunge BB and from CAS. I always love really worn and repurposed items. Use them more than anything since I like my sims living in run down homes. Things get a bit sticky and funny when there's a rampaging werewolf outside of the world like at a club and terrifying everyone and ruining their night.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,177 Member
    edited January 2023
    Werewolves GP is more interesting in term of "everyday life" gameplay, CAS and B/B content.

Weddings don't often happen and it's quickly done.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I like Tartosa, the island that came with MWS, very much. It's the only Mediterranean place we currently have in the game. I also like the variety of (wedding) dresses the GP has to offer. I bought it at full price when it came out and I'd buy it again. So imho go for it!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Werewolves is the the best of the two. That being said, if you love the beautiful Tartosa, CAS & Objects; then get the Wedding pack also.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    BethSims4 wrote: »
    I know that the game packs are usually 30% off when on sale, but the My Wedding Stories and Werewolves packs are still 25% off at the moment. Is it a good idea to wait a bit longer until they are 30% off? Could it ever be 30% off?

The most recent DLC that came out in the most recent year is usually discounted less than everything else, so that's why wedding stories and werewolves aren't 30% off when the other game packs are. Those packs will probably be on sale in the future for the same sale price as everything else once there's a new game pack.

Although, if we get no new game packs this year I don't know what the sales will look like. We usually get at least 1 game pack a year, but so far they've only teased 2 EPs, nothing about any GPs coming. So no idea what future sales might be like if they're about to change things up.

25% off is still pretty good for the Werewolves pack, imo, but like most others in this thread have said, I don't recommend Wedding Stories at all, even on sale. Not until that pack gets a refresh.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I don't own the werewolves pack, but I do have the wedding opack, and I love it for its beautiful world Tartosa. Weddings might be broken, I had no plans of focusing a lot on them anyway. But I like the many items that came with the pack, including items with new animations like toasting, slowdancing and the buffet table. The wedding bouquets are cute, and your flower arrangement sim can create them for selling. CAS is also pretty nice, and a big number of cool wedding dresses comes in numerous swatches not just white. I only wish the pack also featured nectar making...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited January 2023
    Werewolves is maybe my favourite GP, strong recommendation if you're into the style. I wrote a blog stories about my werewolf character and it's the most fun I've had in a long while. The pack has great lore, the were gameplay is cool and the world and aesthetics are awesome.

My Wedding Stories I have really mixed feelings towards... The wedding event is quite awful. I've done it and it can be done, but is it enjoyable, no. Weddings are not super big deal to me, so I'll survive. I bought the pack for the world which I absolutely love and I also love the CAS. It has the kind of mature formal dresses that no other pack provides (I'm not usually the kind of person to hype CAS). Still I probably wouldn't recommend it unless you're fully aware what it does to weddings and ready to live with it.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Both are glitchy for me.
    Wedding Stories world is underwhelming to me (so is the one in Werewolves) but my weddings haven't been terrible. It doesn't run anywhere near as smoothly as the trailers or EA Gameplay made it look- it is choppy and actions have to be redone, Sims have to reroute themselves, etc.
    However with Werewolves, I'm seeing my Sims turn during the first Full Moon and stay in that form unless I go in to that household and fix them.
    I was at the Career Fair that comes with the High School EP and one of the Career Presenters was a Werewolf with crazy red eyes. Lol it was Lily.
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    Sad to hear MWS is still broken. I really want the world and cas content. 8(
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I fully enjoy the werewolves pack. It is well-done in both aesthetics and gameplay. I have some frustration with pack requirements, but that is minor compared to the overall enjoyment I get playing my werewolves.

My wedding stories is still a horrible mess. I just had a wedding for Lilith Vatore yesterday. Although she had asked and selected both an officiant and a flower girl, the game claimed neither were available. I don't know if I messed this up by also inviting both as guests, but, if so, that's confusing.

Her brother was able to walk her up the aisle, but then the groom walked away. I had to call him back to do the vows which worked fine.

I couldn't initially get the first dance started. Once I did, no one watched. The couple could cut the cake, everyone watched, but didn't eat afterwards. I had to reset the invited guests because they were stuck watching the cake ceremony after it ended.