Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Roadmap Infants, Kits, Expansion Pack My thoughts

13...Next

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Jokubas wrote: »
    I'm curious but not getting my hopes up. I can't even imagine what the Expansion could be. Most of the guesses I've seen sound more like quality of life updates to me than full expansion features.

I think most people think it will be generations and that was a big part of Sims 3 generations, features scattered across the whole game.

I think whatever this is might turn out to be a quality of life good to have in the background EP more like seasons and get together than some of the more focused ones. We shall see :)

I think the dentures in the bathroom clutter kit might be a hint for a generations pack.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    BreeSasha wrote: »
    lunnarila wrote: »
    I have just noticed there is new category of clothing in CAS (underwear). Or has it been before? Maybe it has something to do with one of kits and THIS is what makes it unique?

I don't know if the underwear category is new but I am glad that we are getting a kit so we can have more than the base game versions.

That category has been there for years. There just hasn't been much in it since launch. It's easy to ignore something if you don't use it. Socks get over looked a lot too.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    Question if anyone knows; Do the roadmaps seem to usually go in chronological order of how the items are released on the map? because kits coming before the big update seems odd since kits were 2nd on the roadmap. Imagine they randomly dropped the infant update alongside the kits :D
  • CharSimsCharSims Posts: 44 Member
    Looking forward to reading the descriptions of items for any hints 👀
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    Question if anyone knows; Do the roadmaps seem to usually go in chronological order of how the items are released on the map? because kits coming before the big update seems odd since kits were 2nd on the roadmap. Imagine they randomly dropped the infant update alongside the kits :D

As far as I've seen, we've never gotten content in order of how it was laid out in the roadmap. I don't think we've ever have. Back when we got the roadmap for werewolves and the those 2 kits, we got the little campers kit, and moonlight chic kits last, even though they were the first 2 hints on the roadmap.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    CharSims wrote: »

@CharSims here's one. Possible dentist career coming.

• LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member

@CharSims here's one. Possible dentist career coming.

All I can think of is "Shiny Teeth and Me", you know Chip Skylark from Fairly Odd Parents? Like if we're really getting dentists and that song doesn't end up with a Simlish rendition, it's honestly a shame.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > @CharSims here's one. Possible dentist career coming.
    >
    > https://twitter.com/EvanLe24/status/1616238290340044803?s=20&t=2BroKF26soQbNyQh6uZvDg

Hmmm very interesting 🤨
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2023
    So the molar bear, dentures, and possible dentists? That's a lot of teeth-specific focus in a short amount of time. What is the expansion actually going to be?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    So the molar bear, dentures, and possible dentists? That's a lot of teeth-specific focus in a short amount of time. What is the expansion actually going to be?

get brushing instead of get together
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2023
    As I said in my other post, with the bathroom clutter kit, there is Dearly Departed Tooth Lacquer:

Funerals? I hope
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Dragons are famous for their teeth/fangs.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    I hope the entire expansion pack won't be whole about the teeth lmao
    > @Gordy said:
    > Dragons are famous for their teeth/fangs.

You really are all about the dragons! I’m not sure dragons would fit in to Sims 4 but maybe if they made a spin on medieval sims like previously.
    > @Gordy said:

You really are all about the dragons! I’m not sure dragons would fit in to Sims 4 but maybe if they made a spin on medieval sims like previously.
    They fit into Sims 1 and 3, and we already have a dragon familiar in RoM. They're iconic, they're cool, they have a point, and they are the moment. :)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited January 2023
    Gordy wrote: »
    > @Gordy said:

They fit into Sims 1 and 3, and we already have a dragon familiar in RoM. They're iconic, they're cool, they have a point, and they are the moment. :)

Dragons were in the game before toddlers, teenagers, and elders. I think a lot of people forget about that.
    > @Gordy said:
    > They fit into Sims 1 and 3, and we already have a dragon familiar in RoM. They're iconic, they're cool, they have a point, and they are the moment. :)

You make a good point. It was not a judgement. I just see you mention dragons a lot, and I can’t imagine dragons in TS4 just because it’s very modern, at least to me. I do apologize if any offense was caused. It was more of an observation… perhaps I worded myself poorly.
    > @PlayerSinger2010 said:
    > Dragons were in the game before toddlers, teenagers, and elders. I think a lot of people forget about that.

Apologies.
    > @Gordy said:
    > They fit into Sims 1 and 3, and we already have a dragon familiar in RoM. They're iconic, they're cool, they have a point, and they are the moment. :)

You make a good point. It was not a judgement. I just see you mention dragons a lot, and I can’t imagine dragons in TS4 just because it’s very modern, at least to me. I do apologize if any offense was caused. It was more of an observation… perhaps I worded myself poorly.
    Nah no worries, I wasn't mad or offended or anything lol. But I ask you to change your way of thinking and at least try to Imagine Dragons and become a Believer.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited January 2023
    I don't like the the two Clutter Kits at all. To me they are just as bad as Bust the Dust. :s
    However, I really like the Simintimates Kit. Some of the clothing so reminds me of the clothing in MasterSuite. <3<3
    Now, for my guess of the upcoming Expansion Pack could be a world that has a Nursery Venue, Nanny Career, Daycare Center Venue & maybe a Playschool Venue.
    Or it's a Tourist Vacation World set in Brazil. ;)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited February 2023
    LSM36 wrote: »
    <snip>
    And then they created the "Loyal" trait as if in opposition to the previous one. You only love your partner. The one partner. And while it says you're loyal in All your relationships, it only lets you have the one romantic one. As if loyalty only exists in monogamy.
    </snip>

I agree about the Loyal trait. I did not explore it as much yet, but I'd expect it to concern more sorts of loyalty than in life partner(s). In my book you can be a loyal member of a club, and just a person wanting a stronger tie to most things in life, where loyalty equals to personal support.

I remember how baffed I was when I gave a large number of ts3 sims the Romantic trait, thinking they were dreamy, candle light sims liking old fashioned blouses and a rather traditional cottage life. Then the game turned them into woohoo-machines, and I felt they all suddenly became prostitutes because they wanted to woohoo most other sims. In my book Romantic had nothing to do with woohooing, but I guess EA and I will never agree, and I'm not in charge so I just stopped using that trait, LOL.

I definitely get that. I can't tell if I'm misremembering or if this is a mandela effect thing; but, didn't there used to be two different traits "Romantic" and "Flirty"? I thought it was in sims 4 myb it was a different one. But when they unveiled "Unflirty" I remember being so confused. Because for one, it kind of conflates aromatic traits and asexual traits together. But uses 'flirty' in the name. And by then we had romantic.
    For some reason I remember it being something like we used to have 'Flirty' sims who wanted smootches and woo-hoo, and 'Romantic' sims wanted like dates, and were cool with the other stuff, but were also a bit more on the charismatic side. And then in one of the trait refreshes they combined them. And we got a new icon.

But it's possible I'm getting it mixed up with another trait refresh. But I really think they used to be different. And picking one over the other resulted in different reactions from sims, and chances of success in romantic interactions. So it got combined so you didn't need both traits. But then when they did the opposite it still had flirty in the name.

Idk I've been playing this since it was released too many changes have gone on to fully remember everything.

My memory is probably linked to the first year of TS3. Just like with ts4, with more packs added there is so many options that each trait and aspiration feels less dominating, which I think is great. If adding just one pack most sims will be crazy about wanting to do stuff from that pack. With 20 packs added, there is way more diversity, also when it comes to wants. So, my problem with Romantic trait did get smaller eventually.

Vlad would love live such a pack!!! :)
    > @Gordy said:

Dragons were in the game before toddlers, teenagers, and elders. I think a lot of people forget about that.

Perhaps we'll see a brand new Dragon Lifestage? Right before Elderhood?
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    <snip>
    And then they created the "Loyal" trait as if in opposition to the previous one. You only love your partner. The one partner. And while it says you're loyal in All your relationships, it only lets you have the one romantic one. As if loyalty only exists in monogamy.
    </snip>

I agree about the Loyal trait. I did not explore it as much yet, but I'd expect it to concern more sorts of loyalty than in life partner(s). In my book you can be a loyal member of a club, and just a person wanting a stronger tie to most things in life, where loyalty equals to personal support.

I remember how baffed I was when I gave a large number of ts3 sims the Romantic trait, thinking they were dreamy, candle light sims liking old fashioned blouses and a rather traditional cottage life. Then the game turned them into woohoo-machines, and I felt they all suddenly became prostitutes because they wanted to woohoo most other sims. In my book Romantic had nothing to do with woohooing, but I guess EA and I will never agree, and I'm not in charge so I just stopped using that trait, LOL.

I definitely get that. I can't tell if I'm misremembering or if this is a mandela effect thing; but, didn't there used to be two different traits "Romantic" and "Flirty"? I thought it was in sims 4 myb it was a different one. But when they unveiled "Unflirty" I remember being so confused. Because for one, it kind of conflates aromatic traits and asexual traits together. But uses 'flirty' in the name. And by then we had romantic.
    For some reason I remember it being something like we used to have 'Flirty' sims who wanted smootches and woo-hoo, and 'Romantic' sims wanted like dates, and were cool with the other stuff, but were also a bit more on the charismatic side. And then in one of the trait refreshes they combined them. And we got a new icon.

But it's possible I'm getting it mixed up with another trait refresh. But I really think they used to be different. And picking one over the other resulted in different reactions from sims, and chances of success in romantic interactions. So it got combined so you didn't need both traits. But then when they did the opposite it still had flirty in the name.

Idk I've been playing this since it was released too many changes have gone on to fully remember everything.

My memory is probably linked to the first year of TS3. Just like with ts4, with more packs added there is so many options that each trait and aspiration feels less dominating, which I think is great. If adding just one pack most sims will be crazy about wanting to do stuff from that pack. With 20 packs added, there is way more diversity, also when it comes to wants. So, my problem with Romantic trait did get smaller eventually.

Vlad would live such a pack!!! :)
    > @Gordy said:

Perhaps we'll see a brand new Dragon Lifestage? Right before Elderhood?

I hope they add dragons
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Okay so based on the stream we got:

1.Traits for the babies/infants!
    2. Parties for them. Not sure if that's like a birthday party, toddler party type party, or if we are also gonna get baby showers but we had a party.
    3. We got the Boppy!!!!!
    4. We can interact with them so much.
    5. We also got the interactions between the other children and the babies that was wanted.
    6. We get to customize them in CAS too. I know we were like will we be able to. We will.
    7. Lots of cute stuff for them to wear too. And since this is all coming in the update it seems, bc they are an update, and several scenes were set with basegame backgrounds, not just backgrounds with packs we have in them; it can be assumed we will be getting a good amount at the beginning for this life stage. Possibly bc we have stuff for everything that follows, and bc logically it makes less sense to have stuff for toddlers and up, but not get a good amount with the babies to start with. Though the Expansion pack will probably increase everything for everyone.
    8. Baby bathtubs, toys, the same options for nursing and bottle feeding the baby, as well as, working up to feeding them baby food in the highchair. Which I absolutely love. I don't know if they will add a pumping option. Just to increase all the play options. But, seeing that we get to actually get the baby to learn to eat solid food. And then they will have it down as Toddlers is adorable. I can't tell if that highchair is any different though.

I really love that it seems like objects we've had forever are finally getting made to be helpful, or getting new versions. Like that mobile above the new crib. We've had a mobile forever but it didn't help the babies in game, so I stopped using it years ago. (Unless in the past few years they made it help and I didn't know.) But this one moves and has the music. That nursery had items from the Toddler pack, some free Toddler stuff, new items, and all the Kids packs, it looked like. It even had some teething rings. It's like they decided to really do it this time, and tie everything together ❤️.

It honestly, and maybe foolishly, is reigniting a small spark of hope in my chest for the Sims 4. Like I know the game will be bugged soo so bad. But they look so good. And if it they can do this well with infants. Maybe we won't have to wait another 8 years. Maybe by next year they'll give us Preteens and a stage between Adult and Elder. So we can go through all the emotions, and then just be Middle Aged not approaching death right after being 30-40, in peace.

Oh and it looks like Generations was confirmed! Or whatever it's gonna be called.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

This was a great reveal. I had a feeling infants and the EP would come out at like the same time, especially since that leak said the pre-order bonus was good til April. But oh my plumbob, I'm scared to let myself be as excited as I feel.

Honestly I was a bit disappointed just the other day. Went from a big high, to a dip, when looking closer at the limitations in what was given to us in the latest patch. It was a step forward, but yeah.

And then this trailer comes out. I hadn't even headed over to check it out on YouTube yet, it found me on tiktok, and my mind was blown. It could just be that I've wanted this kind of content for the longest, but this looks like the best pack they've made in years.

1. Working in new content for the new lifestyle.

2. Things from old packs and kits being shown alongside new assets, as if showing us how it can all help new generations/growth gameplay.

3. We got a TREEHOUSE. I has literally forgotten there were even treehouses in the Sims3 until I watched a LittleSimsie video last night and she showed one, and boom today treehouse. How exciting.

4. The elders were playing with a puzzle in what I can only assume is the community center.

5. There were those fountains that they have in waterparks and some nicer community parks.

6. There was even a family photo with every member of the immediate family in it. Who took the photo 📸?! Was it us? Was it another sim? After 2 (3?4? Work, Island, Wedding, Uni) expansions, and a kit, do we finally have a way to have functional family photography?

7. Loosing teeth, cheering people up, baby showers, tantrums from a baby that's standing but somehow looks smaller than our normal toddlers; it's all so exciting 😀.

I had told myself no more pre-orders, especially after what happened last time. But now I'm wondering if I just keep auto downloads off, take out my saves and mods, do the patch, see what happens, and then the pack, maybe we'll be ok. 🤔