Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy the new kits?

Comments

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    Other
    cyncie wrote: »
    I never saw a need for an underwear wardrobe. I know a lot of people have requested it, though, so I’m glad they got it.

I think the main request for underwear was to have it under the sims clothes, like to change into it after a shower etc.

Quite a few people wanted lingerie, onsies, better slippers, PJs etc but I don’t think this is quite what they were requesting. But it will probably still sell.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Both
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    cyncie wrote: »
    I never saw a need for an underwear wardrobe. I know a lot of people have requested it, though, so I’m glad they got it.

I think the main request for underwear was to have it under the sims clothes, like to change into it after a shower etc.

Quite a few people wanted lingerie, onsies, better slippers, PJs etc but I don’t think this is quite what they were requesting. But it will probably still sell.

It's definitely what I wanted but I understand there's not too many players at least on the forums that feel the same.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    None
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    I'm not a builder, so I don't really have any use for the clutter. Though, it will make it harder to download off the gallery... Lots of people upload with packs I don't have. :'(

I use CC already, I don't really need underwear.

This is why I'm not a fan of kits. It's getting harder and harder to find builds I can actually use because everyone uses the kits.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if the filters actually worked. :|
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2023
    Both
    Why both ?

Bathroom Clutter Kit - Because The Sims need all the small details of the everyday life, the game was too focused on big furniture.

Simtimate Collection Kit - Because underwear for male is one of my requests, now I'm waiting for Pyjama Collection kit.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Probably Simtimates at one point.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Both
    Love them both, especially the Bathroom Clutter! It speaks to my little builder's heart. <3
    edited January 2023
    Other
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    It's definitely what I wanted but I understand there's not too many players at least on the forums that feel the same.
    Well that’s good. And I don’t think it’s a super negative response. I think it’s just another pack/kit that could have been really good if they put a bit more effort into it with more variety and items. There’s better CC available.

But I think charging for the bare minimum they can get away with is basically the point of these kits. Big reward for low effort.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited January 2023
    Other
    I won’t buy the simtimates kit, but I am very undecided on the bathroom clutter kit. It has some really cute stuff, but it’s all so little & you can’t really do anything with it. I keep going back & forth, lol.
  • WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    Both

Both. I am one of those ones that buys everything sims 4. Whether I end up using it a lot or not, I will still have it for sake of having the full collection of sims lol
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    None
    No. I've never bought one and have no intention of starting.
  • PublicityPublicity Posts: 121 Member
    Both
    Excited for the the Simstimates more than the bathroom clutter. But, I don't mind having new objects I may want to use in the future. I've bought all packs until the kits came out and some of the fashion ones I just knew I had zero interest in. But objects/gameplay I'll always buy.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Other
    Ehhhh, neither are must haves for me. But, I'm sure eventually down the road I'll probably end up getting them.

Definitely not rushing out to purchase them today.

I don't even use the underwear in the game, my sims don't lounge around in their undies and for my personal play style there's no use for under garments since we never see them.

Now had this been an actual "Lounge wear/Pajama" Kit, then that would have definitely been a release day purchase because to me, the pajamas in the game are lacking and not very good!

And the clutter kit, honestly the only reason I'll buy it is because I know simmers on the gallery will have purchased it and put items into their builds and I don't like trying to figure out the "missing objects" so I almost always buy BB kits

But, my bathrooms are typically a realistic size bathroom, so there's not a whole lot of room for clutter. I might have 3 counters total in a "large" bathroom, so only 2 could be cluttered up. We already have wall towels, and the stuff that sits on the floor has to be a mile away from the toilet otherwise it blocks it, and to me that just looks dumb so I never use it or the toilet paper holder because in order to not block the toilet you have to put it further away than what would be realistically "reachable", so again, to me personally ..... that looks dumb.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    None
    nope.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    Both
    I will be getting both if the purchasing issues are resolved. In game the two new kits are showing at $4.48 usd, a 10% discount, as well as the Modern Menswear one that I don't have.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Bathroom Clutter
    I have changed my mind, and will not being purchasing the bathroom clutter kit.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    None
    People need to understand that saying yes, visual stuff only as new content is ok, means they care less and less about fixing the gameplay.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Other
    Unfortunately, I cannot. I am still playing on the Werewolf patch because I hate the new phone use animations.

But if they ever decide to allow players more options in how we like to play our own games by offering some kind of toggle or anti-tech trait/reward that actually works, I will patch up my game and catch up on some packs, including these kits.
    #Team Occult
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Both
    I'm a collector so I’ll get both 😂
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Other
    I just did. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Other
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    While the last few stuff packs were strong, most of them are worse than the kits and cost more money - luxury party, perfect patio, country kitchen etc..

Country kitchen is a kit.

As for the others, some stuff packs are certainly stronger than others, but they all came with at least one gameplay item. People might not miss stuff packs so much if their loss didn't coincide with significantly longer waits for EPs, and no gameplay kits... it's a double or even triple whammy. Whatever the various combinations of packs or lengths of time in a given year, in the past it was rare to go more than a couple of months without at least one new gameplay item. Whether it was GP-SP-EP-GP, or SP-EP-SP-GP-EP, or whatever the order of release, there were always gameplay additions in the mix. Now we're going 8 or 9 months or longer without even a single new gameplay object.

I meant cool kitchen stuff 😁. And yes, one gameplay item such as a bird feeder with badly drawn birds, a popcorn machine, an ice cream machine which is just the same as the popcorn machine etc.. it wasn’t like most of the early ones had great must have gameplay.

Matter of opinion, I guess. I use the bird feeder, the popcorn machine, and the ice cream machine all the time, as well as the drink trays (from perfect patio, I think?). I'd be thrilled to go back to getting at least one or two items like that per quarter instead of just a bunch of CAS that I don't even like.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Other
    So now that I've seen all of the items, I'd say the bathroom clutter kit is going to be another miss for me. The hairdryer is nice, and I might use that if I had it, but I'm not paying $5 for a non-functional hairdryer. I do like the look of the light switches, too, but since we're getting one added to base game... and more importantly, since they are also non-functional... that's not an incentive, either.

I will probably get the simtimates kit, eventually. There are at least a few items that I like, and I'm very happy that more of the pieces are separates than I originally realized. E.g., there are a couple of bralettes that I think are extremely pretty, but I disliked the matching piece they were paired with when we first saw them. So now that I know I can use only the part that I actually like, I'm on board.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    None
    I'm a CC junkie for one reason: When I become bored with certain items, I can easily delete those items from my Mods folder. I am not forced to keep the same B/B or CAS assets and am free to change things up whenever I want. But i know many players prefer to play without CC and these kits will be a great addition to their games. :)
    edited January 2023
    Other
    While the last few stuff packs were strong, most of them are worse than the kits and cost more money - luxury party, perfect patio, country kitchen etc..

Country kitchen is a kit.

As for the others, some stuff packs are certainly stronger than others, but they all came with at least one gameplay item. People might not miss stuff packs so much if their loss didn't coincide with significantly longer waits for EPs, and no gameplay kits... it's a double or even triple whammy. Whatever the various combinations of packs or lengths of time in a given year, in the past it was rare to go more than a couple of months without at least one new gameplay item. Whether it was GP-SP-EP-GP, or SP-EP-SP-GP-EP, or whatever the order of release, there were always gameplay additions in the mix. Now we're going 8 or 9 months or longer without even a single new gameplay object.

I meant cool kitchen stuff 😁. And yes, one gameplay item such as a bird feeder with badly drawn birds, a popcorn machine, an ice cream machine which is just the same as the popcorn machine etc.. it wasn’t like most of the early ones had great must have gameplay.

Matter of opinion, I guess. I use the bird feeder, the popcorn machine, and the ice cream machine all the time, as well as the drink trays (from perfect patio, I think?). I'd be thrilled to go back to getting at least one or two items like that per quarter instead of just a bunch of CAS that I don't even like.
    Don’t get me wrong, I like such items a lot and I wish the hairdryer worked etc. But I just feel people are romanticising stuff packs, which were generally criticised at the time. The quality of the kit items generally are better than the stuff pack items (albeit these two kits aren’t great).

I think part of the point of kits is that they’re themed and if you don’t like it, you just skip it. With stuff packs with looser themes there’s more FOMO if you don’t get it but with kits, if it’s Paris fashion and you hate Paris fashion, you just don’t buy it and you don’t feel like you’re missing out. That’s part of the design.

Personally I use more of the pastel pop items than I did items from any stuff pack. And more of the Incheon arrival CAS than the CAS in any stuff pack. If 18/21 items are good, that’s generally better for me than stuff packs that often only had 5-6 decent items in my opinion.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Other
    Having seen the pictures and video, the Simtimates Kit is moving up on my list of wants. I like the ability to mix and match almost all the items, and that by doing so you can go for a casual or romantic look.

The bathroom clutter kit is moving down my list though. I do like some items, but wish there were more swatches for the towels and rugs. And I kinda hate the toothbrush. I like the wall decals for kid's rooms though.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,573 Member
    Both
    I love them both. The Simtimates kit isn't exactly what I wanted but as soon as i got it, I found several characters it worked on. Bathroom clutter is just all around good for home building.