Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get famous: how to get fan to ask for photograph

PLease help, I am stuck in the World-Famous Celebrity aspiration. My sim needs to be asked for a selfie 3 times I can't figure out how to make that happen. I have been trying for 2 in game weeks. My sim has visited a lot of public lots. She has given several meet and greet events, both with goals and without. She has been to 3 award ceremonies, and won an award at two of them. She has visited lots with the Up-and-Coming Hotspot lot trait and the Hottest Spot in Town and even tried lots without these traits. She has been asked to hand out autographs a dozen time and fans are constantly fainting around her. She is currently a 4 star celebrety, nearing the 5star level. But in two weeks time not a single fan has asked for a selfie.

Is there some kind of trick? Some perk she needs to have? I can understand that this can take some time, but she hasn't even been asked once.

Comments

• EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    I feel you. I had this same issue. Unfortunately, it's random. The only thing you can do is go to a community lot and hang out doing nothing while you wait for a fan to randomly ask for a selfie. I would imagine non-celebrity lots are better for this because you probably won't be competing with other celebrities.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I had the same problem and chalked it up to one of my mods interfering, but it could be a bug too. I ended up just cheating it complete after only ever getting requests for autographs and hugs.
  • SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    I've found this one just naturally completes when a celebrity sim is out in public enough times. It just seems to happen at random, the action/animation is very short, and you don't really get a notification that it's occurred. It's not so much that fans ask, they just seem to pose somewhere in proximity to you and snap a selfie with you in the background. That part of the aspiration was over literally before I knew it, as I didn't notice the counter ticking on it until after a celebrity sim's first meet and greet was over.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    I feel you. I had this same issue. Unfortunately, it's random. The only thing you can do is go to a community lot and hang out doing nothing while you wait for a fan to randomly ask for a selfie. I would imagine non-celebrity lots are better for this because you probably won't be competing with other celebrities.

I didn't think of the other celebrities as competition. I will try to focus on lots without a hot spot lot trait.
    I had the same problem and chalked it up to one of my mods interfering, but it could be a bug too. I ended up just cheating it complete after only ever getting requests for autographs and hugs.

Do you remember which mod? I had two or three times an action I did not initiate myself immediately cancel out without being able to see what it was. So it might be bugged in my game.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    I play vanilla. It's possible that a mod could make this worse, but it's not the main cause.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.