March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

I saw this on Instagram and thought it would be fun for you guys to try here. XD Search your username on here and see what it comes up with.

I used my Instagram name. I tried with DeKay too but it linked to dhabitahpunk as well. Hah.

Mine is pretty spot on except for the Art Education part. I don't think I've had my tutorials somewhere like that. Not that I know of at least. LOl.

L7CBnPa.png

WZZOqGw.png

Honestly, I'm not suprised.

That sounds like a really cool story!

Tried mine:
    WhatCobblers is a Salisbury Wiltshire-based shoe repair and key cutting business. They offer a range of services, including shoe repairs, key cutting, engraving, watch batteries and watch straps, and they also provide bespoke leatherwork services. They have a website and are also active on social media.

:D Now that was a surprise. I've been to Salisbury on numerous occasions and never spotted them. Maybe they're new?

The 'Cobblers' in my username actually refers to the English slang for rubbish or nonsense (e.g: "What a load of complete cobblers!" Think it might have originated from London, I'm not sure). I chose WhatCobblers to reflect my love of nonsensical humour. I don't have a shoe repairing business and know nothing about the trade.

I thought the cobbler in your name is like the food. XD

And here Itgought it was referring to shoemaker and wondered what the story was behind it but never thought to ask. I thought maybe like "What cobblers? We're the elves!" Fron the story of the elves and the shoemaker.

I bet that shop used the name as a eiberatr play on words as @WhatCobblers described.

I wouldn't expect to find anything out there calling itself ignominiusrex.

I net Rose Horse would find lots of references to that. Isn't there a Rose Palomino or a Rose Roan horse?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Ugh the Sims 3 launcher is such a pain! I download and install a world and the launcher says it installed successfully, but when I load up my game the world hasn't actually installed and so I have to exit my game and install the world again with the hope that the second time is the charm....
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    edited January 2023
    Today's Q Q is:
    Have you ever had imposter syndrome?

No, I don't think so.

Ugh the Sims 3 launcher is such a pain! I download and install a world and the launcher says it installed successfully, but when I load up my game the world hasn't actually installed and so I have to exit my game and install the world again with the hope that the second time is the charm....

That's unfortunate. Hopefully it works the second time.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

No, I don't think so.

What's imposter syndrome?
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    Today's Q Q is:

No, I don't think so.

According to wiki: Impostor syndrome, also known as impostor phenomenon or impostorism, is a psychological occurrence in which an individual doubts their skills, talents, or accomplishments and has a persistent internalized fear of being exposed as a fraud.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

No, I don't think so.

According to wiki: Impostor syndrome, also known as impostor phenomenon or impostorism, is a psychological occurrence in which an individual doubts their skills, talents, or accomplishments and has a persistent internalized fear of being exposed as a fraud.

I think sometimes in my Survivor games that I play on Discord, I start feeling somewhat like that, but nothing serious, so I'm gonna go with a not really.
    edited January 2023
    Today's Q Q is:

Is there something that people tell/ask you repeatedly that you wish they would stop?

I don't like it when people tell me I look tired. 😩 People be thinking that I don't sleep but I probably sleep more than they do. My eyes are just puffy for some reason. Well, maybe not even puffy but it's like a deeper line an inch below my eye which makes it look like it's puffy. I think I've always had them since I was a baby. 🤷
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited January 2023
    Today's Q Q is:

Is there something that people tell/ask you repeatedly that you wish they would stop?

I don't like it when people tell me I look tired. 😩 People be thinking that I don't sleep but I probably sleep more than they do. My eyes are just puffy for some reason. Well, maybe not even puffy but it's like a deeper line an inch below my eye which makes it look like it's puffy. I think I've always had them since I was a baby. 🤷

I look sad/too skinny. Although both are only occasionally said and the second one is always "looks at first glance".

Because I have a RBF face so it's easy to look sad when I don't have an expression. And I'm small bone with smaller limbs, but my shoulders are relatively a bit wide (my figure ratio probably similar to the normal version of the Slender Man), so occasionally I'm thought to be too skinny at first glance, but others will soon find out that I'm actually in the normal range, and more people say I'm in good shape😃
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    Today's Q Q is:

I look sad/too skinny. Although both are only occasionally said and the second one is always "looks at first glance".

Because I have a RBF face so it's easy to look sad when I don't have an expression. And I'm small bone with smaller limbs, but my shoulders are relatively a bit wide (my figure ratio probably similar to the normal version of the Slender Man), so occasionally I'm thought to be too skinny at first glance, but others will soon find out that I'm actually in the normal range, and more people say I'm in good shape😃

When I was younger, a lot of people also said I looked sad cuz of my face. I wonder why it stopped cuz I feel like I'm even more sad now. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Yes, when people tell me "You're very quiet," when I've gone a few minutes without speaking. Am already well aware that I'm quiet, have been aware of this fact since I was young, and sometimes I just like to be. I don't need people to point it out! What is the point of pointing it out?
    I don't go around saying to people "You have a loud voice and constantly comment on people for no apparent reason," because I'm sure I'd soon hear about it if I did, but for some reason it seems to be socially acceptable to publicly declare a person's quietness. What's even more irritating is that if I do act the ways a louder person does, those who point out my quietness make a big thing about me doing that too! You just can't win.
    Thankfully this hasn't happened for a while now but the fact that this still goes on with others irritates me to no end. How is one even supposed to respond to the comment "You're quiet"?
    *Oh wow, I had no idea. Thank you so much oh great and wise loud folk for highlighting this problem. I shall strive to be better."
    Pardon the sarcasm, but as I said, it irritates me.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited January 2023
    Today's Q Q is:

Anything that involves lecturing me about my tone of voice. It's mind-boggling that some people are offended by the fact that some people like me have a naturally stern-sounding voice. If anything, it takes a peculiar level of pettiness for someone to micro-manage how you're ‘supposed’ to sound like, regardless of context or your current mood. It's like the whole RBF situation.

Believe it or not, there were times where people would do this to me in the middle of an argument.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
    Today's Q Q is:

Yes, when people tell me "You're very quiet," when I've gone a few minutes without speaking. Am already well aware that I'm quiet, have been aware of this fact since I was young, and sometimes I just like to be. I don't need people to point it out! What is the point of pointing it out?
    I don't go around saying to people "You have a loud voice and constantly comment on people for no apparent reason," because I'm sure I'd soon hear about it if I did, but for some reason it seems to be socially acceptable to publicly declare a person's quietness. What's even more irritating is that if I do act the ways a louder person does, those who point out my quietness make a big thing about me doing that too! You just can't win.
    Thankfully this hasn't happened for a while now but the fact that this still goes on with others irritates me to no end. How is one even supposed to respond to the comment "You're quiet"?
    *Oh wow, I had no idea. Thank you so much oh great and wise loud folk for highlighting this problem. I shall strive to be better."

Oh my God. How can I totally forget that people also always tell me I'm quiet and then they ask me to talk more or make more friends? XD I guess that annoys me so much that I just block it out. Haha.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Certain things that my coworker says to me all the time. I'm not gonna go into detail, but there's that.

Another thing is when I am upset, or frustrated, don't keep trying to lecture me. I'm already feeling like crap and mad and on the verge of tears. Walk away and let me have my space. Or when I walk away, don't follow me and keep talking to me. Let me chill out.
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

"Wow, you're such a quiet person!" ....yes. Yes I am. *goes back to being silent*

By the way, I was able to successfully fix that Sims 3 problem that I was having! Having a lot of fun with that game.
    Today's Q Q is:

Oh my God. How can I totally forget that people also always tell me I'm quiet and then they ask me to talk more or make more friends? XD I guess that annoys me so much that I just block it out. Haha.

Oh I can relate, definitely. The rudeness of such comments is what annoys me. Who are they to define how many friends a person should have and how much a person should talk, and how dare they judge someone on that?!
    I remember someone in sixth form at school once telling me she was going to make me louder. Why? Why do I need to be louder?
    I've observed the behaviour of many loud, talkative people and can conclude that being talkative does not mean good communication skills.
    I'm not bashing all loud people here, but for some it seems being 'outgoing' involves interrupting a lot, never listening, having to constantly put on a false confident act (as a result of never paying attention and thus secretly feeling insecure about the fact that they've never actually learned anything), shouting everyone else's ideas down to get their own seen through (see previous brackets), never being able to do anything independently without an entourage, an uncontrollable urge to draw attention to trivial details about others (and often humiliating them in front of a group) and never being able to control your own thoughts from being blurted out with no consideration for how it might make those around you feel.
    Why on earth would I want to be like more like that? Thank you to those people who thought they were helping me by making me 'louder' but if it's all the same, I think I'll keep my self control and empathy skills.

Quietness is a superpower. ✌️
    edited January 2023
    Today's Q Q is:
    What’s the last thing you did for the first time?

I would say dipping my pretzels in hot water with baking soda, instead of boiling baking soda water like I always did. This is a prebake step for my pretzels in case you guys were wondering. 🤣
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

🤣

Took fish oil capsules. It’s also the last time I’ll do the last thing I did for the first time. Or something.

edited February 2023
    Today's Q Q is just a simple one, I guess since it's been so quiet here.

So how's everyone doing? What's up?

For me... hmmm. I'm doing a one-month walking challenge for this month. Just walking 1 hour extra per day. Other than that, tomorrow I'm gonna go buy a new smartwatch cuz my dumb self ruined the screen of my current one. LOL. 🙈🙈

cyncie wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

🤣

Took fish oil capsules. It’s also the last time I’ll do the last thing I did for the first time. Or something.

I used to eat those when I was kid. Hated it.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is just a simple one, I guess since it's been so quiet here.

So how's everyone doing? What's up?

For me... hmmm. I'm doing a one-month walking challenge for this month. Just walking 1 hour extra per day. Other than that, tomorrow I'm gonna go buy a new smartwatch cuz my dumb self ruined the screen of my current one. LOL. 🙈🙈

cyncie wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

🤣

I used to eat those when I was kid. Hated it.

Long day at work, but doing good
    Today's Q Q is:

Be honest, how long does the 5-second (dropping your food) rule really last?

I don't believe in the 5 sec rule. I don't eat anything I've dropped, even if it's on the table. I'd only eat something I've dropped if it dropped back on the plate or bowl. 🤣

Flashback to the time like a few weeks ago where I bought an Auntie Anne's pretzel and decided to eat it when I got home after a few hours of shopping. So when I was home, I was about to take it out of the plastic bag and I was holding the paper wrapper thing at the top edge but I totally forgot the paper wrapper is basically like folded paper and not like mini paperbag. So the pretzel fell to the floor. And my face was pretty much like my avi. 🤣🤣🤣
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,553 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Be honest, how long does the 5-second (dropping your food) rule really last?

Depends on where I am, if the food is sticky, and how much I wanted that bite!
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is zero divided by zero?

I know it's not 0 but I think it should be that. :P
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

? How is it not zero when the sum starts with nothing and you're dividing it by nothing? Surely you would still end up with nothing? An intrigued as to what the answer is.
    Today's Q Q is:

? How is it not zero when the sum starts with nothing and you're dividing it by nothing? Surely you would still end up with nothing? An intrigued as to what the answer is.

I believe mathematically, the answer isn't zero. It's more like an undefined answer. Kinda like infinity.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Think of it this way.
    a/b=c

Let's plug in some defined values such as 14/7=2.
    When you're asking what is 14/7, we're asking what number when multiplied by 7 gives us 14, thus making the answer 2.

Now, if we plug in 0/0, we're asking what number multiplied by 0 gives us 0.
    Well, that can literally be any number because everything times 0 is 0.
    0/0 doesn't have a solid answer, so it's undefined.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top