Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new features do you think might be in The Sims 5?

sunnycakessunnycakes Posts: 75 Member
About 2 months ago it was revealed that The Sims 5 is in development. I'm curious to hear what new features others think might be in The Sims 5.

I think that there will be a preteen life stage since a lot of people have been begging for it. I also believe that Seasons and Cats and Dogs will be basegame for The Sims 5. What do you think?
Be yourself; life is not about pleasing others, it's about pleasing yourself. Don't try to please others if it makes you uncomfortable. If others judge you for who you are, ignore them. If what you do makes you happy, continue.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    edited January 2023
    I'd like a preteen stage as well as another stage between adult and elder.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member
    I have no idea what will be included. It will depend on what Lyndsay Pearson prioritizes for the game.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'd like a preteen stage as well as another stage between adult and elder.

Agreed! This would be a great opportunity to add those life stages. And make babies/infants a life stage from the start.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited January 2023
    I don't think there will be any additional life stages in the new base game. I don't think there will be anything related to game play that will make the TS5 base stand out as a new iteration.

I also think that the main new *bling* of the game will be the reemergence of colour wheel for designers and builders (exciting but if not included not a deal breaker for my purchase) and the multiplayer/mobile play (not exciting and if included is a potential deal breaker for my purchase) rather than actual new things for sim personalities or sim functional play. Unlike TS4, I don't think I'll be pre-ordering this go around and will wait and see if it's even worth buying.

Sorry if my answer sounds depressing, but I think the overall response to TS4 encourages the development team to continue with a bare bones base game. Too many Sims fans and Sims new fans reinforced that this is what we are willing to pay for--and many of the vocal minority moved back to TS2 and TS3 so the metrics that might persuade developers to make a TS5 game closer to TS2 or TS3 are most likely nonexistent.
  • CMDR_SimCMDR_Sim Posts: 6 New Member
    Player configurable autonomy or actual GOD mode. Yeah sure there will be mods but they usually fall off the bus when conflicting with other mod code happens.
  • Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    I also think that the main new *bling* of the game will be the reemergence of colour wheel for designers and builders

I'm hoping that returns, it would give so much more freedom of choice. What would be new is if it existed in CAS to pick hair and skin colours, and clothing colours. I'm not saying I expect that, just that it would be awsome, and new, if it did happen. The way makeup is adjustable in CAS gives hints of how much more could happen with the freedom to choose any colour we want.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm quietly confident that non-orthagonal walls* will be in. I don't know about true curved walls, but I mean Quake 3 had bezier based curved surfaces back in 1999, and we've come a long way in tech since then.
    I think long hair and cloth animations should be possible too.

Now picture this - a living room with curtains rustling about due to a breeze coming in from outside.

*by non-orthagonal, I mean walls that aren't locked to 90 or 45 degree angles.
  • YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
    I just hope TS5 will be as realistic as AlterLife. I also hope Seasons, Animals, Hospitals, Universities, Resterants and Growing Together will be in the base game of TS5.
    We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
  • GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member
    I don't think there will be any additional life stages in the new base game. I don't think there will be anything related to game play that will make the TS5 base stand out as a new iteration.

I also think that the main new *bling* of the game will be the reemergence of colour wheel for designers and builders (exciting but if not included not a deal breaker for my purchase) and the multiplayer/mobile play (not exciting and if included is a potential deal breaker for my purchase) rather than actual new things for sim personalities or sim functional play. Unlike TS4, I don't think I'll be pre-ordering this go around and will wait and see if it's even worth buying.

Sorry if my answer sounds depressing, but I think the overall response to TS4 encourages the development team to continue with a bare bones base game. Too many Sims fans and Sims new fans reinforced that this is what we are willing to pay for--and many of the vocal minority moved back to TS2 and TS3 so the metrics that might persuade developers to make a TS5 game closer to TS2 or TS3 are most likely nonexistent.

Well, I'll counter that pessismism with relentless optimism. . .

I think there will be something new. Each iteration of the game has had a new theme that made it different from the last. Sims 1 was new; Sims 2 was 3D, Sims could age, and influence was added; Sims 3 had the color wheel and an open world; Sims 4 had emotions. I just hope the Sims team doesn't think that cross-platforming is it for Sims 5 because I agree that would not be good.

I think they'll have to up their game if they want to compete with Paralives. And I also think they've waited longer than the traditional 5 years to release a new game so they may have been waiting until they had an idea or the tech to offer something really different.

I'm thinking it might include gradual aging this time.

I can also see enhancements to current and past features making a comeback with some improvements like the color wheel, enhanced genealogy, enhanced create-a-style/in-game clothing customization, etc. (I don't think open world will make a comeback, but maybe open neighborhood?) But I don't think any of these will be the new "theme" of Sims 5.

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I think cars being in TS5 from launch is a lot more likely than us getting them in TS4. TS4 was never made for them, and the worlds will take a massive amount of retooling. It's just too much needed to facilitate them going into the game. Yet, a fresh start for worlds intended for use with cars makes more sense.
  • nrjnrj Posts: 4 New Member
    I hope the sims won't be as cartoonish like sims 3 and 4. AI graphics has advanced so much that sims 5 should look more realistic.
    I would remove all unisex default skin from babies to children and make it binary from the start. It makes more convenient to edit.
    Preteen stage is a must, I agree.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I think since it's a new game they can add additional lifestyles like preteens and middle aged Sims and I'm here for it.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I really just want a game that is open world or neighborhood with basic everyday things at base game with very minimal rabbitholes.

1. Transportation is essential for life, so it should be base game. Basic Public transport and basic cars/bikes.
    2. A couple of non-rabbithole careers at launch. And i really think giving sims the option to have active careers such as at the grocery store, library, and school should be available.

This is not asking too much in my opinion. LBY can offer it for BG, The Sims, which is part of a multi-billion dollar company, should be able to as well.

I love the sims 3 and play it so much, but it can be unstable. The Sims 4 truly feels like it was a huge step back (for me personally, I know some won’t agree and that’s okay) in terms of gameplay and i just really want a game that I love and can play for hours (like TS3) but won’t have to worry if it will randomly crash after playing a few hours because it’s used too much of its minimal RAM or whatever the case may be since it’s game engine was outdated from the start.

Essentially, I want a game that will make me fall back in love with the Sims Franchise again. Sims 4 has brought more disappointments for me than joyful surprises, and I really just want to find more joy in the game again without having to only play the older iterations of the game. I like new things!! but I want more gameplay, more depth.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    I really just want a game that is open world or neighborhood with basic everyday things at base game with very minimal rabbitholes.

1. Transportation is essential for life, so it should be base game. Basic Public transport and basic cars/bikes.
    2. A couple of non-rabbithole careers at launch. And i really think giving sims the option to have active careers such as at the grocery store, library, and school should be available.

This is not asking too much in my opinion. LBY can offer it for BG, The Sims, which is part of a multi-billion dollar company, should be able to as well.

I love the sims 3 and play it so much, but it can be unstable. The Sims 4 truly feels like it was a huge step back (for me personally, I know some won’t agree and that’s okay) in terms of gameplay and i just really want a game that I love and can play for hours (like TS3) but won’t have to worry if it will randomly crash after playing a few hours because it’s used too much of its minimal RAM or whatever the case may be since it’s game engine was outdated from the start.

Essentially, I want a game that will make me fall back in love with the Sims Franchise again. Sims 4 has brought more disappointments for me than joyful surprises, and I really just want to find more joy in the game again without having to only play the older iterations of the game. I like new things!! but I want more gameplay, more depth.

Amen to that while a little bit was added to each iteration, some features was taken away too looking at Sims 4 and for me it was not for the better as there was a limit in what and how I create and also stay tuned into the game and if any of the packs was meant to mimic the packs of old it was with limitations galore like City Living which has apartments but you are seriously limited to Apts in one Neighborhood and can't build from scratch, with LBYU and other sims coming out Rene will have to step up their game and not have another Sims City fiasco for Paradox is laying and waiting.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen