Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy the new kits?

Comments

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    Other
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    While the last few stuff packs were strong, most of them are worse than the kits and cost more money - luxury party, perfect patio, country kitchen etc..

Country kitchen is a kit.

As for the others, some stuff packs are certainly stronger than others, but they all came with at least one gameplay item. People might not miss stuff packs so much if their loss didn't coincide with significantly longer waits for EPs, and no gameplay kits... it's a double or even triple whammy. Whatever the various combinations of packs or lengths of time in a given year, in the past it was rare to go more than a couple of months without at least one new gameplay item. Whether it was GP-SP-EP-GP, or SP-EP-SP-GP-EP, or whatever the order of release, there were always gameplay additions in the mix. Now we're going 8 or 9 months or longer without even a single new gameplay object.

I meant cool kitchen stuff 😁. And yes, one gameplay item such as a bird feeder with badly drawn birds, a popcorn machine, an ice cream machine which is just the same as the popcorn machine etc.. it wasn’t like most of the early ones had great must have gameplay.

People are calling for them for two reasons, that the last few were good, and nostalgia. But at the time they got as much negativity as kits did. As I said people will always think the weakest offering is a waste of time/money when they could be releasing something better.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Simtimates
    I voted Simtimates, but then I looked at the catalogue and found that I didn't like what they're offering. So, none for me.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    edited January 2023
    None
    I'm not a builder, so I don't really have any use for the clutter. Though, it will make it harder to download off the gallery... Lots of people upload with packs I don't have. :'(

I use CC already, I don't really need underwear.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited January 2023
    Both
    After seeing the Bathroom Clutter item list, I will probably be using this kit a lot. Way more excited for the Simtimates kit though. :love:
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Simtimates
    Probably the Simtimates. I don't really have no interest in clutter; but my sims can always use some new clothing.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    None
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    I'm not a builder, so I don't really have any use for the clutter. Though, it will make it harder to download off the gallery... Lots of people upload with packs I don't have. :'(

I use CC already, I don't really need underwear.

This is why I'm not a fan of kits. It's getting harder and harder to find builds I can actually use because everyone uses the kits.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Both
    I will buy both since I am a Simaholic and sims collector, but I only think the bathroom clutter is aweSim, not a big fan of the simtimates, it is not my gameplay style ;)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2023
    Other
    I'm not sure, I think they kinda ruined the game with the wants and fears update so I have not updated my game since that. I saw the pictures of the items too and there is nothing there that I feel that I really want so I might just wait until they will update the game with some interesting gameplay.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    None
    I chose none, I do have about three fashion kits, though.
    Kits aren't something I like, unless I have a use for them. Not a builder, and don't really care about underwear.
    The only kits I have my eye on are the ones aimed at kids, so that group has more stuff to do, and get more stuff too.
    I am also not a builder, so it would be kind of pointless for my to buy it.
    I am not against kits completely, but most of them are a no to me, unless I like what they offer or benefit my game play.
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Other
    There's nothing in them. Seriously. This is some of the most pointless stuff they have ever put out.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Other
    Honestly not sure. Maybe, but they are not high priority. I recently bought the clutter kit and Incheon CAS kit, and next month I'll probably buy the expansion pack. Plus there are still game packs and kits I want more. So it'll be a while before I even consider these.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Other
    They both look cool, but not a high priority. I'd probably get Moonlight Chic and Modern Menswear ahead of those. Maybe Country Kitchen.

I did just buy Everyday Clutter because I had a sim who needed it, and Pastel Pop because I have a minisprite who needed it. :)
    gen3-banner.png
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Bathroom Clutter
    The bathroom kit caught my eye as I enjoy decorating bathrooms. And it's nice to have a few more items for them.

I wish that other kit approached sleepwear from a different angle. I would have adored cute matching onesies or oversized shirts instead. :neutral: Well at least males sims have something else going for them.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Both
    I will buy both, as I always do. However, I would have liked the bathroom pack to be more like Country Kitchen with new designs for bathrooms instead of just clutter.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Simtimates
    Sims 4 Simintimates Kit is so going to be like Sims 3 MasterSuite. Finally, it going to be in the game. ;):p<3<3
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited January 2023
    Not sure yet. The underwear looks nice, but I guess I could just recolour some of the already existing underwear and get the same "new" pieces for free. I do really like the male set with the camouflage pattern, though (just not necessarily in purple on men, as it was shown in the picture).

As for the bathroom stuff, my problem is not that I don't already have enough bathroom clutter in the game, but that I can't place more than one or two on a counter without MOO - and I'm generally trying my best not to use MOO. Unless this kit changes that, I won't need it.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    Both
    I will buy both when I have the funds, not something I have to get right way but I like the look of both.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,649 Member
    Both
    I'll be getting both. I love to add clutter to my builds. I love the lived in feeling it gives to my sims homes. My sims can always use more clothing options. The Simtimates kit could be a minefield since I share what happens in both of my saves in stories here. I just need to remember if there is going to be a bedroom scene it has to be PJs and floor length flannel nightgowns. I don't want to stand in the naughty corner, again.😁
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited January 2023
    Other
    I'm not sure yet. The thing is, I actually like both themes on offer here, but it's still not quite what I envisioned. My biggest gripe at the moment, is that whenever the community highly requests certain content for kits, we kind of get what we were asking for, but also not at the same time.

For example, the community requested more menswear, and yeah we got more, but it seemed as though it wasn't what most players had in mind. I think the general consensus was that the community were looking for more casual, basic or everyday styles and not necessarily a kit full of high fashion and heavily stylised clothing. Now I'm thinking along the same lines for the Simtimates kit, as I had hoped they would give us a sleepwear kit, with pyjamas, slippers and lingerie. As for the clutter kits, I suspect this will become a 'one for every room' sort of thing, which would end up costing more because stuff packs don't seem to be a thing anymore.

I've never been opposed to kits, and I currently own all of the available ones - but I see myself slowly becoming more and more annoyed at the concept of them. I just think they're missing the mark now.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Bathroom Clutter
    As a builder, I'll happily snap up this bathroom shenanigans. The other kit is not so relevant to me at this time (I'm happy with what's already available over the packs I have), but as with other clothing kits, it might be picked up at some point later on.

• manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    None
    Nah, neither. I play on PC, so I can get CC for this sort of thing. When they bring out some gameplay kits, maybe I'll be interested.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Other
    If they will go on sale someday, I might buy all of the CAS kits including the swimwear thingies. But honestly I always say this but I'm not a fan of kits.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,404 Member
    None
    Not sure yet. I have no interest in the underwear kit because my sims never walk around in only underwear. As for the bathroom clutter, it is not very high on my list. But then again I said the same thing about the everyday clutter kit and now I do like that one. I guess it depends on the items. I will look at some videos showing the objects before I can decide on the bathroom clutter
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    None
    Even though I like a little decor for my sims, the bathroom isn’t a top priority. And I never saw a need for an underwear wardrobe. I know a lot of people have requested it, though, so I’m glad they got it.