Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do sims gain weight while I play other households?

I play on rotation, and recently I noticed that sims I did not play have gained weight. The one in particular aged up to YA the last time I saw her, and her body size was regular. Now I just stopped by and her body is much bigger, more like a sim who was played for a long time without minding food and exercise.

So, now I wonder if sims gain weight although not being played? I really hope not! My rotation is huge and they will all be biggest size possible.
I just added the Snowy Escape pack, in case that pack introduced something I'm not aware of.

Anyone had the same? If this is a known problem, is there a mod out there?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    edited January 2023
    In my game sims do gain and lose weight from their set point. I am far beyond having any living premades in my game in my legacy, but I do remember that Bob Pancakes slimmed down big time when he was alive. For some reason he was always at the gym when my sims were there. Isn't he lazy? Anyway, I've never used them because I don't play rotationally, but I have seen mods out there for this. I don't know if they're kept updated though. I think one was by Robin (Roburky), but I could be wrong. It might be a place to start anyway.

EDIT: Okay I was curious, so I googled LOL. Here you go. https://roburky.itch.io/sims4-fitness
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Yes, all sims outside the active household gain/lose weight and muscle. To stop that you need either MCCC (need to set no body changes for each sim individually) or aforementioned RoBurky Fitness controls (works globally).

There is a specific case I ran in when using both mods, it's probably rare, but I mention it anyway: If you set sims outside the active household to not change body shape while unpayed, and certain sim(s) within your active household to also not change body shape even when played, then Fitness Controls needs to load before MCCC (rename the files to start with a letter lower than M).
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I've been using roBurkys fitness mod for years. Be sure to read all the information provided and tune the mod settings to your liking.

roBurky mods don't break too often and they are quick to update when it does happen.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,668 Member
    Makes me wonder why did EA think this was a good idea???

Thanks both! I don't use MCCC so I'll try that other one.
  • CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    I think unless they have the "active" trait, non played sims will gain weight.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    I think it has to do with what they do when they're on the lot you're playing, even if you're playing another family.
    If they eat high-calorie foods while in the background of your lot (like from food stalls or at cafes), they gain weight fast.
    If they show up at the gym when you're there with another sim, they'll get in shape fast.
    I think it has to do with what they do when they're on the lot you're playing, even if you're playing another family.
    If they eat high-calorie foods while in the background of your lot (like from food stalls or at cafes), they gain weight fast.
    If they show up at the gym when you're there with another sim, they'll get in shape fast.

So basically my active sims should all visit gyms often to make sure as many as possible of the non played will exercise a bit ;)

If I played only a couple households I would not mind, but with 100+ played houses it takes a while to complete a rotation and it would become a very boring game if I always had o make the active sims exercise. There's so many other things to do in this game that are more interesting...

Now that I'm aware of it I'll keep my eyes open. And check out that suggested mod.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    Honestly I have about 12 sims that I am not currently playing and when I see them around town four sim years later, they look exactly as I left them.

Maybe it’s because their aging is turned off, but otherwise could just be that they’re not eating food at these meetings. Doesn’t seem like they gain weight when they’re not in my sims presence at least to me.
    Hm... perhaps it depends on both the body type and traits? I could always go the easy road, saying that this sim is meant to gain weight (although it is a tad boring that it happens when she is not played). If she stops at the current size, I guess I can live with it, but who knows where she will slow down... I made her pregnant, hoping that will burn some of that extra weight :)
  • SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    edited January 2023
    If you visit community lots with weight machines on them, gyms in particular, sims who are also visiting those lots certainly will gain muscle mass over time. This is very noticeable if you spend some time at Grimtooth Bar in Moonwood Mill, as the Wildfang hangout is very close by, and sims will autonomously go use the weight machines there quite a bit.

In a similar sense, if you spend a lot of time in areas of San Myshuno with food stalls, other sims will very often grab food from them, and you will notice those sims gaining weight over time.

It doesn't seem as though unplayed sims lose or gain weight/muscle mass while off camera, but their actions on camera have the same effects in those regards as with played sims. The effects are even more noticeable in neighborhoods where the Rock Your Body N.A.P. is in effect, as unplayed sims will autonomously perform all manner of exercise actions very frequently. (There is also a rather hilarious bug which will cause them to snorkel in the nude, if Rock Your Body is in effect at the Ohan'ali neighborhood of Sulani, and it doesn't have that effect in other neighborhoods.)
    Post edited by SteveBridger on
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I play rotationally, and have often noticed the unplayed households gaining or losing weight, but I'm perfectly fine with it. As much as I'm a control freak about certain things, it adds a bit of realism and makes the world feel more alive. I don't need every sim in my world to be fit; that would be weird. There are only a few sims who I want to stay around their setpoint because I specifically made them to be either larger or smaller than average; for those few, it's easy enough to use fulleditmode to adjust the sliders back to their starting point, and only takes a few seconds. Otherwise, if one of my sims gets a bit chubby, why would I care? It's hardly the end of the world.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I play rotationally, and have often noticed the unplayed households gaining or losing weight, but I'm perfectly fine with it. As much as I'm a control freak about certain things, it adds a bit of realism and makes the world feel more alive. I don't need every sim in my world to be fit; that would be weird. There are only a few sims who I want to stay around their setpoint because I specifically made them to be either larger or smaller than average; for those few, it's easy enough to use fulleditmode to adjust the sliders back to their starting point, and only takes a few seconds. Otherwise, if one of my sims gets a bit chubby, why would I care? It's hardly the end of the world.

Totally agree! I guess my problem is that on my rotation I pretend no time is passing between each time I play a house. I will age up everyone with aging on for one night only per year. If I don't get through with the full rotation, I will simply skip the aging one seasonal year. So, it feels weird entering a house that I left one year earlier to find big body shape changes, especially when the sim was never actively played in her new life stage. It my time aspect was different it would not feel like the changes came overnight.

Like you I have plenty big and small sims, and I would not like the game so much if everyone were the same. And I might add that it is also a tad annoying when I stop by a house to find some sim that I intended to be lazy did build muscles to the grade that a female looks a bit masculine when wearing a long dress.

If these changes are not totally random but based on traits etc, I can live with it after learning a bit from this thread. Perhaps I should rather avoid "designing" personalities and lifestyles and allow the game to decide these things. If I do it will make more sense when they change body shape, I guess.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Totally agree! I guess my problem is that on my rotation I pretend no time is passing between each time I play a house. I will age up everyone with aging on for one night only per year. If I don't get through with the full rotation, I will simply skip the aging one seasonal year. So, it feels weird entering a house that I left one year earlier to find big body shape changes, especially when the sim was never actively played in her new life stage. It my time aspect was different it would not feel like the changes came overnight.

I can understand that. It's not really an issue for me, because I have so many households, and they are scattered across all the worlds. So if a sim in one of my households loses or gains weight between rotations, or even if I see them out in the world, it doesn't seem that jarring or sudden to me, because I probably haven't seen them for at least a sim year (and if I see them out, it's just as likely that they are a stranger to the sim I'm currently playing).

And like I said, I do reserve the right to CAS edit them if it does seem truly out of place... like someone else mentioned, Bob Pancakes getting super fit would seem strange. Or if my scrawny nerd tech tycoon suddenly either gained weight or got fit, I'd have to adjust him back. Same for my deliciously plump master chef. But for most of them, it's more like, oh, look, there's my old high school classmate who I haven't seen in a few years, looks like they gained ten pounds, shrug.