Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Update/Patch January 17

Comments

• Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    The wants and fears didn't work for me! I turned them off after updating, switched household and they reappeared!

Wait - what? Bummer.... Maybe I'll wait to update till they fix it again - third time's the charm?
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    "Bust the dust: Sniff Sniff Sims will perform the smelling animation the appropriate amount when their environment is dirty. No one likes a dirty litter box!"

It's fascinating how they keep on fixing minor issues in "Bust the dust" while the kit itself is unplayble due to no dust at all. Or did I miss something??

I have not had an issue with dust not appearing.

Interesting. I have this bug which is still marked as open:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-BDK-No-Dust-Appearing-on-Residential-Lots/td-p/11674920/highlight/true/page/14

My Sim has the 'neat' trait. I wonder if that's why I'm not having the bug. I also have the more expensive vacuum in the inventory.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,083 Member
    edited January 2023
    RoseQuartz wrote: »
    Brd709 wrote: »
    The wants and fears didn't work for me! I turned them off after updating, switched household and they reappeared!

Wait - what? Bummer.... Maybe I'll wait to update till they fix it again - third time's the charm?

They now stay off after exiting create a sim and the whole time you're in a household but re-appear when switching households for me. They still turn on and off as intended.

EDIT: And stay off while travelling.

EDIT 2: They also stay off when when re-entering the game after exiting the game.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited January 2023
    "Bust the dust: Sniff Sniff Sims will perform the smelling animation the appropriate amount when their environment is dirty. No one likes a dirty litter box!"

It's fascinating how they keep on fixing minor issues in "Bust the dust" while the kit itself is unplayble due to no dust at all. Or did I miss something??

Interesting. I have this bug which is still marked as open:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-BDK-No-Dust-Appearing-on-Residential-Lots/td-p/11674920/highlight/true/page/14

My Sim has the 'neat' trait. I wonder if that's why I'm not having the bug. I also have the more expensive vacuum in the inventory.

If I understandstand it correctly, the system works as long as you stay on your lot, but the "dust setting" is deleted when you quit or travel. It's basically the same as with the wants & fears toggle.
  • Options
    Wants and fears are now working properly for me. It worked by restarting the game for me with wants and fears disabled.
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    My Sims keep only doing Goof Around, Ask What Happened and holiday interactions autonomously with each other #_#

Such a bummer. Wish I didn't update the game months ago when they messed up :/
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Nice list of fixes. Unfortunately the issue that bothered me the most, sims still moving after I paused the game, is still going on. Running off to AHQ now, to check things out.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Nice list of fixes. Unfortunately the issue that bothered me the most, sims still moving after I paused the game, is still going on. Running off to AHQ now, to check things out.

Please no!!!! I was SOOO looking forward that this horrible pause moving bug gets fixed! :'(:'(:'(
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    Flap wrote: »
    My Sims keep only doing Goof Around, Ask What Happened and holiday interactions autonomously with each other #_#

Such a bummer. Wish I didn't update the game months ago when they messed up :/

I'm seeing this too :/
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    I wasn’t particularly bothered by the Wants and Fears system but I can see why it would be annoying for some. I do have two Sims who still get a Scared moodlet whilst outside despite getting rid of the fear of the dark, but I can drown it out with other moodlets.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    GeekyCurlz wrote: »
    I'm just glad they fixed the moving sims issue whenever the game was paused,, always felt like my sims were judging for stopping their lives while I took a break haha!

I found it downright creepy in many an instance. Plus, when I pause the game, it's mostly because I wanted a shot of them. Having them move eerily out of the position made capturing the moment even harder. So, I'm very glad this has been fixed. I haven't yet patched because I was assurance this wasn't a mod-buster patch.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    If I understandstand it correctly, the system works as long as you stay on your lot, but the "dust setting" is deleted when you quit or travel. It's basically the same as with the wants & fears toggle.

This makes a lot of sense. I tried one of the scenarios in a new save in one of the EA lots and it worked absolutely fine. But I’ve never seen it work in my main save despite living in lots of houses.

Maybe it is a going off lot thing. The plants bug is when you go off lot too. Maybe the answer is to keep a sim locked in the basement.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »

Did you reboot your computer after the patching?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    No update on neighbourhood stories huh? Well.. that's disappointing; I was hoping that'd be completed by now... D:
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    taten1199taten1199 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > https://twitter.com/TheSimCommunity/status/1615408857395695633?t=_tQCVGWHHnIFgUClX4Hz3g&s=19

Please tell me, is this the "big" update, I really hope not!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited January 2023
    Welcome to the forums! Nope, this one isn't the "big" one, lol. There's the live stream on the 31st, then the big one. :)

I must be in the minority because I like it that something as small as slight movement still happens even though game is on pause. This reminds me of Sims 3 when the sims' heads would turn and watch what you were doing, like taking a painting off an easel and putting it on the wall. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    I was so happy to not have to turn off wants and fears today. I always keep my houses paused when saving so I would have time to turn them off before some sim got a random fear.
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    Only took me 4 try's to download the new patch. Finally took woohoo.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Nice fixes! It's a shame that the bug where Sims still move after you've paused the game is still happening though. I found it funny, but I know that it's bothering alot of you. :(

Have there been any new bugs occuring after this patch that anyone's noticed?
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member

That is very frustrating. I hope this actually gets solved soon in the next couple patches and doesn't get put back on the low priority pile.
  • Options
    I'm still experiencing the creepy head turn when pausing after updating yesterday. Although it doesn't happen as frequently for me like it before the update.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    @Brd709 there's a new bug report for the problem. They're asking for computer specs also.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-keep-moving-after-paused-Patch-1-94/td-p/12222291
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member

Do you have High School Years installed?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Of all the things to fix in 'Bust The Dust', the "sniff sniff" feature (which is what it was intended to be) isn't even the problem... the entire kit is literally BROKEN! Why are they just ignoring this!?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg