Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies January 3rd? ;) (Confirmed to be March 14!)

Comments

• BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Particularly wiggly and incapable toddlers.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2023
    I wonder if we'll get social workers for infants if they are neglected? It's not like they can look after themselves if you just ignore them.

Would be nice to get actual social workers for babies, not just magically teleporting babies.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Do infants replace babies or are they an additional age group?
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member

It has been stated that they are a new life stage.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member

It sounds like they will be an additional age group. I think that's for the best if true.
    OMG what shall we do with another age group between babies and toddlers? I already find toddlers annoying. I'm scared!!!
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    1,5 hours more to go and we will see. Tbh, I wouldn't be too surprised. They like to surprise us sometimes. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 creator has warned everyone it Twitter that the massive and destructive update is coming so...it can't be anything else
    But this is just theory. A game theory
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    what i can say about the big update in music and i think the theme from the movie jaws is apropriate for this big update fits well with this lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX3bN5YeiQs
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    BTW I think infants and both kits within 3 days are unlikely. I just expect a pre-kit bug fix patch today.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited January 2023
    I think we are not getting infants in the following update. IMHO it is just going to be a pre-kits update this time. I wish I am wrong.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    BTW I think infants and both kits within 3 days are unlikely. I just expect a pre-kit bug fix patch today.

This. I have zero hopes or expectations for infants being released today. I do wish that they’d give us a date at least, though, as I think that not knowing when is the hardest part.
    Infants are first on the list and huge modder has warned everyone about massive update coming so-
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    lunnarila wrote: »
    Infants are first on the list and huge modder has warned everyone about massive update coming so-

Who was it? Do modders know this in advance?
    I hope we get them today, would be kind of disappointing if not. I don't want the kits first, I want infants.

TurboDriver

https://simscommunity.info/2023/01/11/the-sims-4-infants-update-release-speculation/

z5lD0kSm.png
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    edited January 2023
    The drive of that article seems to be that there'll be a bug fix patch today (which may indeed mess up mods), as this normally happens seven days after a laundry list.

I'll be very glad if we get a surprise infant update today, but I'm ready to be patiently impatient instead.
    The drive of that article seems to be that there'll be a bug fix patch today (which may indeed mess up mods), as this normally happens seven days after a laundry list.

I'll be very glad if we get a surprise infant update today, but I'm ready to be patiently impatient instead.

Yeah, a lot seem to be misquoting/ misunderstanding TurboDriver and assuming that we are getting an infant update. We have a laundry list of patches that need to be done and I personally don't think infants are coming yet. I'd be happy of they did, but I'd be happiest to see a lot of bugs fixed first.
    z5lD0kSm.png

They perhaps get notification via curseforge
    15 minutes and we will know about today
    Fingers crossed, I hope so much they're coming
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    the patch is here my game is updating now installing the patch
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    No infants today
    z5lD0kSm.png
    Disappointed but not surprised
    It's kind of disappointing and annoying that the boring kits come first, not buying any of those until Infants are here. Seriously, EA, no one wants these kits right now, we all want Infants. ^^