Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your sims brush their teeth ?

Comments

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Sometimes
    If they have time in the morning, I have them do it before leaving the house (normal routine is toilet, shower, breakfast, then tooth brushing if there's time). I rarely have them do it at night, because it seems like a waste of the confident moodlet, unless I'm having them try to kill time before going to bed so they don't pop up in the middle of the night. I hadn't thought about it teaching kids manners, though, so I may start using it more.

I do wonder... if we are getting a hygiene/dental kit, or if there's a dentist career in the EP... whether it's possible they would add negative moodlets or consequences to sims not brushing their teeth at regular intervals? If so, I suppose I'd be more regimented about having them do that, although I would personally not find that to be a particularly thrilling addition to the game.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Other choice ...
    I do so once in a while. I wish the game provided better benefit, such as bigger hygiene gain.
  • Options
    LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    Sometimes
    Often before they go out with friends or on a date.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Sometimes
    Generally just if their hygiene is a little low and I don't want to be bothered with a shower but want them to go out or go to bed with a higher hygiene bar. It doesn't seem to do anything that a shower doesn't do better, at least for adults.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Sometimes
    Lately I have been making my vampire children and teens brush their teeth, it amuses me.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Sometimes
    Only if they need to be confident for something, I have them brush teeth and any other quick confident boost I can remember at the time.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Never
    I like my gameplay to be easy, so I do the bare minimum. They never get cavities, and no one complains if they have bad breath, so why bother?
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Never
    There is just too much to do in this game to waste time on that! Just taking a shower takes up like, half a Sim day lol.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited January 2023
    Everyday
    I have my Sims brush in the morning, because it seems natural to me. I'll also have them brush before they go out to festivals or on dates. I like having them begin their day with a Confidence boost; ditto for a day or evening out. They're often going right up to bedtime, so they don't brush at night nearly as often.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited January 2023
    Sometimes
    I don't really give my sims realistic routines so they just brush their teeth whenever i think of it and they're not in the middle of somethig more exciting like getting eaten by mother plant
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    edited January 2023
    Everyday
    I never used to get them to brush their teeth, until I started using a KawaiiStacie mod that made their teeth go yellow if they did not brush. Now I just make them brush 1 to 2 times a day without even thinking about it. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    Sometimes
    It's the quickest way to make my acting career sims confident right before filming their scenes.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    Everyday
    I voted for everyday. I always try to have my sims brush their teeth in the morning & at night, but sometimes if things are a little too chaotic, I’ll let them skip it, lol.
  • Options
    SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member
    Sometimes
    Mostly just when I want them to practice speaking in a mirror, lol
  • Options
    GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    Sometimes

I only really brush there teeth when they need the confident emotion
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited January 2023
    Sometimes
    I tend to do it more in smaller households or when the autonomy is switched off because it can be difficult to keep track. I'm surprised that it isn't an automatic action.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Sometimes
    There is just too much to do in this game to waste time on that! Just taking a shower takes up like, half a Sim day lol.
    I was kind of upset when they shortened eating. For my large families they never really get to sit down at a meal together anymore.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Sometimes
    I sometimes have them do it for a confidence boost, but since I play rotationally, I really should have them do it according to the type of personality they have.
  • Options
    GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Everyday
    They never used to, because I din't see the point in it.
    But now I use the Dentalcare mod by Adeepindigo, so now they have to :)
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    edited January 2023
    Sometimes
    recently I started doing it as a nighttime routine just before the kit was announced :P
    i hope they change the confident moodlet because its kinda useless before bedtime
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Everyday
    I use Adeepindigo's Dental Health Mod, if my sims don't brush their teeth they get tooth problems!
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Sometimes
    I wish they would do it automatically as part of the hygiene.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Other choice ...
    I would direct them more if it weren’t the confident moodlet they get after brushing. Like, that doesn’t really make sense to me.
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    Everyday
    Every day as part of their daily routine. Get up, use toilet, wash hands, brush teeth, take shower, have breakfast. Also, they brush after they throw up.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    Other choice ...
    Sims can brush their teeth!? :hushed: