Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your Merfolk doing today?

Comments

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    There are two traits I'm going to always give my merfolk.

1. Child of the Sea
    2. Clumsy

The Child of the Sea has an obvious explanation, but the reason for the Clumsy trait has a lot to do with how Clumsy Sims stumble. My merfolk don't walk with legs naturally. Their human form isn't their natural form, and I consider them to be much more comfortable in their merman or mermaid form. Having a tail and swimming without legs is what comes naturally to them after all.

52513184634_55265e8b5a_b.jpg

52512442692_265a333af5_b.jpg

Thanks to Likes, Dislikes, and Life Styles, I can give my merfolk more depth while using some of the same core traits.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,012 Member
    edited December 2022
    I recently started playing my first mermaid in Sims 4. I found a pretty mermaid on the Gallery. Kind of unique, so downloaded her, made a change to her name and tail colors, but basically kept her the way she was. It's been fun finding out what mermaids are able to do. Seems easier to deal with than the TS3 version.

Koi Nishiki
    y4mwHOeUjBVDXA-4zV-dtIXw6huRWHssOSqUGt2KyPurBU2GQc2gyziXRhECdDrgKWGaIaYzL8DZJXp-6dT_g4lO3qqZhJvkgfn0QwsaM-6MpLFXGSIgaVDi1rfg3dajjyjETtM0Cq92MtnVuheZo-8xURdZGNBP2SlNbgyw3JN82dbWhNkROjT1UCbeh43AXMK?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    My choice of tail colors
    y4m16Lus97J__5SmHiph427YqoJy3TDaCrDnPxNSauis9Sj3Cvtxb5DeAxlbL9_jo6Z9ciSCgIghA4QtHLpZwfXPehFKgTzm7k3MKb2d2ik4AaQjSTprsTurHAhkqg90jfyTZw5CU455WPywDY1-krhQJpQuiHCbBjbaIXv0vyQkS8-Cch1e1FJWWNm9owZEzwc?width=464&height=931&cropmode=none[img][/img]y4mGT0tsUYcbfJ-NzfvD458_wlshVSlc5vTPv1VL-4kIvnaV1dOzZDRYboXQ7RPXFBulzwNzBOD3dizF-cp2XAlvXwGW_dCqbRPoTdHfbb1XifGDgFrz92yEzZXSVrj73yUToXzHMfTKoVcknmiH_DFWK67Fga2gAhIEm6vDonb78jIuerBuoWA9gNmMbsQXBEE?width=1388&height=781&cropmode=none
    Spellcaster roommate Norio and his familiar Taeko
    y4mAIFC5sAc1LIPgT8YUJ8diKYoxGZsFi1gE6XITVYS7NSb5sve0bxCNefrYgRJX57Fd55a5MP4YoenK3fqM4KxT6USRyQWvSyJ_q8ScbR4zXucy1ApZ75sJDQ-FBHCrVEPDomongniVuRF5KfX3MwCwwnbWlhhYMIsHO1GgwtU3_cs6WtA7Ny9GsyvNXkZDF6S?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    On their way to the Realm of Magic
    y4mjydQOd3ZgQGd4lEg0hZl9iolRfnepczP_Jtd1ouK0HU3xxMLf2W39KTzFi3LbJ0LYR5fbIXr4tfuAiDzNVrxy5mqCsMi6GxnxMKJeT4crEJGmf48pTnGXh9FZmnnNgz5KCvwV-8ySMmjMr1Lj0lL28MKNlHrSfK9B4r5R7Vfj4DBaJwUCvrFkF1k9FmsY1qa?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    Chatting with the Flower Bunny
    y4mOZOlTeJVk5GXpown6YsP7Ooq-azzhZ9Nxp7gqVaIeHyJ02f30tGjRg3v15-1GH5gioQwJIW9EHRY8k-2mznqvpCuqO2_MwINUJ0cVUXp4c3X6gEzySa0e3t_FurExB0pKmQAJ2OlNnL59e0J4NwlHBXV1Zsi2mflhLbWnqCH50jypugFKISE3kNZRz2fcXha?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

Here's the original Gallery Mermaid:
    Komorebi Koi Mermaid
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    @lanlyn She’s beautiful! I can’t wait to see more.🙂
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    "I just kind of wish you would die or something..."

Kalamainu'u enjoying club night!

oGDFPoV.png
  • SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    By way of some unknown set of circumstances which involved no intervention on my part, Nalani Mahi'ai seems to enchanted and spirited away Lou Howell. After not having seen him around Moonwood Mill for a game week or so, I assumed that he'd died, only to find the two of them living at the Tangled Flat lot on Ohan'ali. He had the biggest "I totally do not mind this" grin when I had one of my own island residents visit them briefly..

Going to leave them be and look in on them after a while, just to see how any potential children turn out.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    I have several Mermaid households, today one of the those households enjoyed an afternoon at the spa followed by an evening swim. B)

Danu and Eurydice Reaper enjoying an oceanic sisterly chat

es3gvlv.png

LiBan (Danu's wife) getting a manicure

IRqc38B.png

Ezili striding confidently out of the water after a good yoga session and swim. Ezili is married to Danu and LiBan's daughter, Sirona (I didn't get a shot of her).

KXZYQuT.png

Eidothea (Eurdyice and her husband Talay's daughter) taking a swim dive, whilst showing off her new manicure.

xma1xqF.png
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

edited January 2023
    Grrr argh, tried to post a family tree of my Merfolk and the formatting went wonky. Long story short aside from spouses, which are mostly created Sims), all of my Merfolk are descended from Grimm and his wife Aislinn. 4th or 5th generation down is as far as it goes (thus far).

Nimah is very happy with her baking efforts

Flw1Krr.png

Swimming with the Azure Dolphin

X8Zh9aq.png

Ocean conversation with her husband, Enki (son of Eurydice and Talay)

bX5lfw0.png

Enki enjoying an energetic swim

9aCf7Ox.png

Narmada got gold on her acting gig

17cQVQi.png

Narmada and her mother, Ezili, catching up after work

rGSPyZL.png

Palaimon (Narmada's partner) working on a new song.

R20HLlu.png

Narmada enjoying an ocean chat with her daughters, Stheno and Euryale (identical twins)

yO6nI9e.png

Kerrigan wrote: »
    "I just kind of wish you would die or something..."

Kalamainu'u enjoying club night!

oGDFPoV.png

@Kerrigan I love seeing the little updates on what your Kalamainu’u is up to. She’s definitely the more mischievous mer out of the 4 premade merfolk.

@SteveBridger Lou Howell is a premade werewolf, right? I wouldn’t blame any sim that moves to Sulani. Still, that’s kinda funny. 😆

@GrimlyFiendish I don’t think I would have thought of making a descendant of the grim reaper a mermaid or merman.

Did you know that when a sim drowns, the grim reaper emerges from the water with a scuba mask 🤿. Such a funny animation! 😆

Metior_Ice wrote: »
    @GrimlyFiendish I don’t think I would have thought of making a descendant of the grim reaper a mermaid or merman.

Did you know that when a sim drowns, the grim reaper emerges from the water with a scuba mask 🤿. Such a funny animation! 😆

Haha, yeah I've seen it :D It's also funny when Grimm goes swimming with his mermaid kids/descendants, especially if they swim too close together and they just get totally hazed about by black smoke. :D

• SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »

@SteveBridger Lou Howell is a premade werewolf, right? I wouldn’t blame any sim that moves to Sulani. Still, that’s kinda funny. 😆

Yep, he's one of the Wildfangs.

How it happened in my imagination: Lou was doing a little fishing over at the lake, heard some strange singing, looked down and saw Nalani smiling up at him charmingly from beneath the water, and next thing he knows he's waking up on a beach lounge chair in Ohan'ali wearing a ceremonial betrothal necklace made of coral and seashells. "Ok, I can definitely live with this.."

How it likely happened: He decided to visit Sulani while I was playing one of my households on a public lot there, and ran into Nalani. Due to her being Alliuring and he being a Romantic, they immediately hit it off and became a couple by way of story progression, without my having noticed.
    Since when does Kalamainu'u have a kava party? And why is she smiling??

jVL7hJC.png

These were some of the same sims who swarmed the dock when she caught a rare butterfly fish and refused to release it. It's now mounted on the wall and this is her celebration party for her new trophy! Oh did she forget to mention that her guests???

69IWAei.png

edited January 2023
    Nāmaka Iona is a teenager now and has taken to the seas! Elemental shamans summoning fiery balls of lava will face this staunch defender of Sulani ready to bring massive rains and waves down to cool those hot rocks!!

M5rIAVd.png
    Meanwhile, her mother, Kalamainu'u, has taken to sailing way too close to the beaches and running over unsuspecting swimmers! Will Nāmaka intervene or will her mother's rampage continue?? Look at her go!! That swimmer doesn't have a chance!

T60AxoD.png

• MMz023MMz023 Posts: 22 Member
    It really sucks that we can't see the seafloor to have better view of mersims
    Well, I have almost 400 screenshots featuring my merfolk. I have to start somewhere. lol. I uploaded this bio to my first post of my story thread. I hope it helps people get more familiar with my twins and the other merfolk in my story. My merfolk are immortal in my save (I have aging turned off for all of them.) It should be easier to get to know who they are since they won't simply disappear from my story.

Meet the MerSims

Over time, I'm going to add to this list of characters and update it. Bios are in the Spoilers.

The Twins: Dylan and Zephyr Zalrian
    Dylan and Zephyr have been inseperable since their birth from Seafoam and Song. Dylan is an empathetic merboy that cares about his friends. It's not unusual for him to feel down when someone close to him is upset. Dylan can tell epic stories and influence the emotions of others with ease. Zephyr is an intelligent merboy with a knack for mediating conflicts. Zephyr has an intricate understanding of Gadgets and Gizmos. Unlike most merfolk, Zephyr doesn't struggle as much with learning how to use human technology. Both twins can sing with perfect pitch and have the typical affinity for music and instruments shared by all natural born merfolk.

Dylan normally wears a necklace, and Zephyr usually wears a bracelet. The twins are aware that others use these accessories to tell them apart and will sometimes leave their necklace and bracelet at home for the sake of mischief.

52666177138_7e89f1f0ca_k.jpg
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    A couple days ago, I visited my married mermaid Sims. The two of them are females, and weren't able to have kids. I had them adopt two girls. I aged the girls up to teens, and plan to have their oldest adopted daughter become a mermaid after her mothers. Their younger adopted daughter I plan to have her pursue a different supernatural path by either becoming a Vampire, Werewolf, or Spell caster.
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    A couple days ago, I visited my married mermaid Sims. The two of them are females, and weren't able to have kids. I had them adopt two girls. I aged the girls up to teens, and plan to have their oldest adopted daughter become a mermaid after her mothers. Their younger adopted daughter I plan to have her pursue a different supernatural path by either becoming a Vampire, Werewolf, or Spell caster.

you can take them into CAS and choose Add Sim and there is a DNA option and you can make the sim a combination of any two sims in the household. I did this for Greg and Vlad and after a few 'Randomize' attempts i had a beautiful sim based on both of them. I just had to fine tune and make it fun.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member

you can take them into CAS and choose Add Sim and there is a DNA option and you can make the sim a combination of any two sims in the household. I did this for Greg and Vlad and after a few 'Randomize' attempts i had a beautiful sim based on both of them. I just had to fine tune and make it fun.
    I did not know that, I did know you could edit a male and female sim, and give them a child.
    I will have to do that with them, and give them some biological kids. In the save file they are the only Mermaids that I created so far, so it will be a good way to add more.
    I may still plan to have their adopted children become members of the supernatural.

I did not know that, I did know you could edit a male and female sim, and give them a child.
    I will have to do that with them, and give them some biological kids. In the save file they are the only Mermaids that I created so far, so it will be a good way to add more.
    I may still plan to have their adopted children become members of the supernatural.

Definitely take a look at DNA editing I also prefer natural born sims, but this is Greg and Vlad's child. She's just a randomize from the Add Sim - DNA editor. I changed the hairstyle and put makeup on her. Her body is Vlad's and her face is very Greg. She muscled up like Wolves tend to do and became this. I really like her. Sorry for the not-mermaid post.

3PRMxpJ.png

@Kerrigan It’s all good. The info was very insightful! Thank you!

@Umbreon12 I look forward to reading more updates!

edited February 2023
    Phaedra had a post birthday birthday party at a nightclub I built (with a swimming pool for my Mermaid Sims to party and stay hydrated). B)

Dance floor (I did manage to get all the extended family there, this is about a third of them).

HlWONnB.png

Phaedra and her mothers (Electra and Rhiannon) enjoying some pool time.

0c9HgNe.png

Some of the Vampire side of the family (Nanami, Odile, Violante, Makaria and Elizabeth) decided to join them for an impromptu swim.

LAVcF1F.png

Family snaps (Mothers, Grandmother/Grandfather, Great Grandmother/Grandfather).

Phaedra and Rhiannon (Mother).

8cn7XER.png

Phaedra and Electra (Mother).

VpF2LF5.png

Phaedra and Talay (Grandfather, and yes that is Paka'a, I ended up with two Paka'a's after a game reset so I renamed one of them 'Talay', had him marry one of Grim's daughters & the the other one is around as his twin brother B) ).
    9Otl5Vv.png

Phaedra and Eurydice (Grandmother, Eurydice is one of Grim and Aislinn's children, she has a twin spellcaster brother named Orpheus)
    Yv8jdWt.png

Phaedra and Aislinn (Great Grandmother & Grim's wife).
    lhDiFRV.png

Phaedra and Grim (Great Grandfather, also spoiler cut for Grim out of uniform for those who'd prefer not to know what the Grim Reaper looks like under the hood).
    LTD51rI.png